Malefics on Angles

Hello - I know we don't tend to talk about event charts much in here lately, but I saw an upsetting news report about a plane that went down, killing all on board, in Ethiopia, and the news report posted the details of the time that the flight took off. I was curious to look at the event chart of the flight and was a little bit unnerved by the result and thought I would share as an example of angular malefics, which is maybe something to consider for event planning, such as travel. Saturn in particular is on the MC with Pluto and Mars in detriment lords the chart in the 1st in a day chart (a more destructive placement for Mars). Moon is also applying to Uranus in the 1st and at a critical degree in fiery Aries. It sounds like the fire from the explosion was too difficult to get to the plane to help survivors. One normally assumes Mercury retrograde is difficult for travel, but it was not heavily emphasized, other than being in an unfortunate house and with Scheat (I personally would not like to travel with Mercury like this though). Any other thoughts on the chart/discussions are welcome.

March 10, 2019 at 08:38 AM. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Last edited by Tanit3333 on Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donna - thank you, I forgot to mention the essential debility of Mercury. It is an obviously horrifying and rare occurance but i did see it as an example of the difficult traditional signification of malefics on angles, which can apply to election and horary as something to avoid if possible. This is especially true when the malefics are essentially poor and/or not received by benefics. Mars is received but Venus is peregrine and out of sect, and a square is a difficult relationship to mitigate.

Tremendously tragic.....
Some observations -

Part of unusual events rising. Uranus conjunct the ascendant showing explosion. Mercury , the planet of wings (aircraft/ travel) in an especially bad shape with multiple afflictions. Applying to a combustion shows destruction by fire. Saturn up on the midheaven on Dheneb, the tail of Aquila , the flying eagle . Perhaps the accident originated from the aircraft's tail? The combination of a malefic with the fixed star making the event catastrophic. South node and Pluto also afflicting the MC , the highest point of the chart symbolically the flight itself. Sun on the 12th cusp suggesting loss by fire. Jupiter the Lord of long journeys squaring sun and mercury. Mars L1 , the aircraft and the passengers therein in detriment under the control of Venus , Lord of the 7th , so some foul play cannot be safely ruled out in my view.
Peace to the souls of the departed and the bereaved :-(

Donna Chang wrote:[...] mercury is not just retrograde in the 12th but in detriment and FALL.
To be precise, Mercury is in his worst essential state, because he is not only in his detriment and fall, but he is also in his PEREGRINATION.

Lilly would list this by immense 14 essential debilties, not to mention the accidental ones.

To add to the above- Exaltation is not always positive. Moon is about to pass into exaltation as it bumps into Uranus (explosion) suggesting the passengers' ascent to heavens.
Here are a couple of pics of constellation Aquila , the tail of which (Dheneb) was afflicted by Saturn and Pluto at MC. I usually dont look at fixed stars but this spooked me out! :shock:

tanit - thanks for sharing the event chart for the crash.. over 10% of those on the plane where from canada.. i was surprised to find this out.. either way, it is very tragic and of some significance to boeing given the number of countries that are refusing to let these 737's fly until it is worked out.. this is the 2nd accident in a short amount of time since the plane has been flying.. boeing also delayed it's inauguration of a new plane they were set to reveal in march as a consequence as well.. it is will interesting to hear what they find out about the cause of this..

astrologically, i note sun at the midpoint of pluto-mars.. mars is important here as it rules the ascendant, moon and 8th house cusp.. mercury retro rules the 3rd and 6th.. i wonder if some technical defect is going to be found in all this??

the chart shares in common with the terrorist attack chart for the event in india-pakistan as well - the focus on the saturn-pluto conjunction on an angle..
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10407

I don't have an exact time for the Florida building collapse but I was remembering this chart and the approx time of the collapse and saw some similarities. The malefics are probably not angular but Uranus is and Mars lords the ascendant.

I was talking to a friend the other day about the Mars-Saturn opp square Uranus (also aspecting Mercury) and the most "unlucky" times of day it might be at its worst and I said around 3 AM approx and 2 AM wasn't far off as one of the times.