Thanks for that Craig. Especially about the FM and NM. People I respect, including the likes of yourself, like Brady and Celeste Teal make much of Lunations.

In my journey thru Astrology since 1998 I've become aware that I need to respect the Moon's monthly journey more.

Also I totally agree a "Good" natal Chart is clearly a Winner. Really hard to find. Though the Magi Society did have some ideas about picking leading charts.

Many people, plenty I don't respect find the Solistice and Equinox Charts important. Why ? Another uses the point the New Moon becomes visible before the Spring Solstice for the year.

I can't see how Giacomo Albano could justify his system of using the NW or the FM nearest the Solstice.

I'm wondering if the NW at the start of the Chinese New Year might be of interest for a general view of the year.

I think choosing Financial Planets from that start point might be helpful.

A also comments the overall shape of the Charts drawn, and Bob Marks also feels that is important.

I think understanding the power of Rising and Setting planets is important.

For example I'm pretty sure that Jupiter moving thru Libra and Scorpio counteract the usual Autumn panic that can generate Sell Offs or Crashes. Simply because when the Sun, Mercury and Venus begin to get near Scorpio Jupiter is their to make them feel loved.

Which leaves me with the question what happens when Jupiter enters Sagittarius around the 8th Nov.

Jupiter completes his Home run. Does that mean Trumpy will sitting their all smugly. Even if he isn't will his policies have delivered so much that everybody is oozing Sagittarian smugness ?

But really so many strong +VE Cycles will have ended we'll ONLY have Jupiter setting comfortably.

I need to think more about what role Jupiter will be playing for whom from the 8th Nov onwards.

Jupiter will have completed the inconjunction with r.Uranus immediately before dropping into Sagittarius.

Those two energies confound me. The second for my 13th Sept till early Oct serious Downside Risk, and then my OMG Downside from the 8th Nov onwards and onwards, completed by Uranus entering Taurus in 2019.

I set Charts for 8 am in the UK when the Markets open. I'd do well to think more about that Chart Rises through the day, and then of course think about setting Charts for New York too from their opening.

I'll have to think about what changes I might make to "My" system. But I do think people need to be brave enough to extend Astrological logic into what ever area they are investigating.

For me Uranus, Neptune and Pluto through much of what the Ancients did into the River, when they were discovered.

How can that be any different ?

H

PS Craig ........

I pulled out my NYSE Chart and thought about these FM and NW techniques.

While we are comparing ideas. Do you use any other natal Chart based techniques.

Secondary Progressions etc ?

You mentioned the Aries Ingress Chart.

PPS Why I ask is that I believe that Uranus will be the planet that takes us down in Sept, Nov, and 2019.

For me that points to China and Big Tech or the FAANGs. So I'm going to try to dig out good natal Charts for the FAANGs and China A50 and some others for China.

If I my hypothesis is right you've got feel that'll show up clearly in the main Chinese Market natal charts, or even a natal Chart for China.

But I don't believe those things are so easy to find. And I certainly don't believe that they'll be the moment the People's Republic was declared.

Nor a Chinese Market Index launched.

And for the FAANGs Apple went through several incarnations I feel before it was completely a Public Company.

Wikipedia tells us ...........

"The current exchange was re-established on November 26, 1990 and was in operation on December 19 of the same year. It is a non-profit organization directly administered by the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC)."

Of course a whole lot further work would be needed but a natal Chart for 8am for the 19th Dec 1990 puts the IC for Chinese SSE on the first degrees of Taurus.

My very first "dig" ...

Exactly where Uranus is at "work" just now, and especially from late August once r.Saturn moves away from the near trine.

So my hypothesis is that Uranus will be the game changer. So I'm looking at Charts of China, Big Tech, and "lead" Speculation.

Interesting that the Chart of the NYSE works well without the need to focus on individual Indices.

NYSE = 1779 ?
NASDAQ = 8th Feb 1971 - 9:30 am. Also 5th April 1971 - 5:35 am.
FAANGs = Um ?
China Shanghai SE = 19th Dec 1990 - 8 am.

Personally I think time spent on the FAANGs will be valuable as they dominate the current Mood.

But even if you get good Charts you've got to have good Techniques to go on top of them.

H

Craig,

1/ I'm thinking of trying to develop some Charts using the Chinese New Year.

I understand that is the first New Moon that falls in Aquarius, or pretty well so.

Their whole system is based on this Lunar System so it must have very significant power.

2/ Also I'm wondering why NM and FM Charts should have any real significance.

What's so special ?

H

Why are they special? You'll have to ask the philosophers for an answer to that. But it's the syszigiyii that's important, not just Sun-Moon-Earth. I've done some experiments with Sun-Earth-Planet with extraordinary results. But that is a whole new can of worms.

CRW

Hi Craig,

1/ Terms like "Syszigiyii" I tend to avoid as I haven't a clue what they exactly mean.

They seem to vary from just any old NM or FM, to some sort of very special event involving the Sun and another planet.

So what is your definition ? And why should these points make for good Charts ?

2/ I think that if I've achieved anything these last 20 years of critically assessing and trying to benefit from the use of Astrology in my life, it has been party due to being willing to try to make "Big Calls" about the the underlying Mechanics and Logic on which Astrology sits.

The Chinese run a 60 year Cycle based on Jupiter and Saturn, and it seems that the Lunar New Year date moves predictably thru the period 21st Jan till 20th Feb.

I also like a start that occurs in Aquarius. But there must be some reason that they assign the Year to that start date. And then all that flows from that.

Why have the Chinese used late January into February to base their whole system ?

But coming back to the "syszigiyii" or NW FM Analysis points, there must be some reason that Charts drawn from them are proving useful to you.

It concerns me when I look at the literature for such and see that the exact NM or FM time hasn't been used.

3/ And although many people use the original natal NYSE Chart why isn't a progressed Chart better ?

Anyway that is where I am with this.

H

Usually it means Sun-Moon-Earth, but it can be any three planets.
I recently tried Sun-Earth-Uranus and Uranus-Sun-Earth with extraordinary results. This for a year when the DJIA made a major rise. 1987, I think. Jupiter, too. Saturn charts were devoid of aspects.
Be very cautious about using 'why' in astrology. If it works, use it. Leave the 'why' to the philosophers.
I know nothing of Chinese astrology.
The charts are of interest to me because they are very effective in isolating trend changes in the DJIA and S&P. They are much better than MeWhirter had any idea. She did almost everything wrong, as I am discovering almost every day.
You can progress the chart, also transits. But any time you progress a chart you also have to regress it, so that turns into a real can of worms. The NMFM method avoids that.

CRW

Hi Craig,

My Analysis, laid out below, points to an exciting three weeks ahead, including this one we are already into.

I'm at the stage now where I'm looking around at other people's Analysis to try and pick out whether I've missed something important and then to decide whether to really pile on the Stakes.

So I'm wondering if you'd like to share your NM - 9th Sept, and FM 23rd Sept Analysis ?

I am starting to play around with them, over the NYSE natal chart.

H

Here's hoping Craig will chip in but until then here's what I understand these NM and FM Chart Analysis involve.

1/ Firstly the NYSE natal Chart is the base. It is set for 17th May 1792 at 7.52am New York New York.

The key being the 14° 41' Cancer Ascendant. Thought Astrodiest give a 13°41' Cancer Asc. Um ?

I'd imagine people who use this Technique get very familiar with this Chart.

2/ Next I understand you over lay the NM or FM, Chart you are interested in. This is a little more complicated as Astrodiest default for transits in Midnight I think.

Although there is a way to set the Transits to the time you want. And in this case we want the NM Chart for 14;01 hrs 9th Sept 2018 in New York, and the FM for 22.53hrs 24th Sept 2018 in New York.

3/ I think each Chart in their own right holds helpful information but relating each to the 1792 natal Chat has to be the trick, and having a software method that does that easily.

I'd imagine you'd "print off" the three Charts, and then another two with the NM and FM Charts overlayen on the 1792 Chart. To do that I'll have to ask Astrodiest how to set the exact Transits times.

Back in a minute ....

H

Actually I'll add another post about the NM and FM Charts.

1/ NM first. Without being able to overlay this Chart exactly on the 1792 Chart I still can see the Neptune opposition to the NM Point, and the sextile to Jupiter, and trine to r.Pluto.

And know that the latter are in applying sextile to each other.

I also see that the NM Point is around a Midpoint for Mars and Uranus's square. I'd say that is very significant.

That's about all I know just now without the decent overlaid Chart to look at. The above doesn't tell me too much except that interesting MidPoint Tension.

Bucholtz's work has told me that he expects Volatility and Trend Changes around the 19th-20th Sept, and the 23rd Sept.

2/ Moving onto the FM and this is what I am most interested in, because I'm unsure what comes after the Low Point that I think will come on the 20th-21st Sept.

A Chart drawn up for the 24th Sept that is slated as being able to tell what comes for the next Fortnight helps me a lot.

I this case because the FM is near to Midnight I can use a standard Transit Chart for the 25th Sept.

I understand that the 1792 n.Mars and n.Neptune are the key to look at and see if they are being activated, and when they will be by the transiting Moon during the Fortnight head.

For the FM Chart I see t.Pluto aspecting n.Mars by trine. That's a very strong thing indeed.

In the NW Chart Pluto also trined the NM Point.

For me this is very relevant. Although I try NOT to burden my Analysis with too much reference to Earth Likelihood, ie what will play out on Earth, I am aware that the US Economy seems to be powering along and that won't go away overnight.

I'd say that is much to do with Pluto.

I'm sure Craig won't be giving me more than 2/10 for this Analysis and that'll be in sympathy more than anything, but I also see that the FM is right on the 1792 Charts's Nodal Axis.

Now the old Nodal Axis ? My experience is that energy landing on the South Node tends to be +VE at a Mundane Level.

But again people who use the 1792 n.Chart regularly will know what the Nodal Axis there represents.

I'll just have to look out the Window and see if Craig is coming up the path.

H

Well I've quite enjoyed Analysing the New Moon on the 9th Sept overlayed on the 1792 NYSE n.Chart and the same for the Full Moon late on the 24th Sept.

I used the transit option on Astrodiest and basically it allowed me to see how the transiting planets interacted with the natal Chart.

Basically I haven't a clue what I am looking for as there are too many ideas around, some that don' even use natal Charts, such as the way Celeste Teal used to it very successfully for the USA.

Next I'm probably NOT being very Objective as I'm hoping for a Sell Off towards the 21st Sept, and am then trying to work out what will come after it especially as we have a Federal Reserve Meeting on the 25th-26th Sept just as Mars crosses the Nodes.

So really there are two parts to my investigation. 1/ What happens up to the 21st Sept. 2/ What happens from the 24th Sept onwards for a fortnight.

1/ Well the New Moon, NM, is close to the all important co-ruler Mars in the NYSE 1792 natal Chart. t.Pluto is making a trine to n.Mars. The NM Point makes an inconjunction to n.Moon. I'd say that the NM Point also draws in the IC and MC axis.

2/ For the Full Moon perhaps more exciting. The t.Sun and the t.Moon are nearly exactly on the n.Nodal Axis, and also NOT so far away from the IC and MC axis. t.Mars is upsetting n.Venus but t.Saturn is stabilising her. t.Neptune is inconjunct n.Jupiter.

Can we forget that in both Charts t.Pluto is stressing the n.AC / DC Axis too ?

I'd say both Charts show plenty of stress to key points. n.Mars in the first off set by t.Pluto but the second is even more stressed.

I'm on record as saying what I think the rest of this fortnight brings, and that the federal Reserve will be in a difficult position come the 26th Sept, caught between a desperate World and a Greedy America.

I think t.Chart 2/ does suggest somebody will take a really long run up and kick the NYSE right were it hurts in the latter parts of Sept.

Craig ? HELP !!

H