Louise McWhirter and stock market astrology

I am wondering if anyone out there might be aware of any recent work that has been done using McWhirter's ideas from 1938? I have been doing some myself, and have found that something as simple as adding full moon charts to her techniques makes a big difference in the results.

I'm not big on the idea of reinventing the wheel, so I wonder if someone else has already done this. There are many mentions of her book on the internet, but the writers do nothing more than say how great her book is.

I did buy a book titled Stock Market Forecasting-The McWhirter Method De-Mystified, but I am about to box it up for return to Amazon for a refund. First time I've ever returned a book!

Craig

Hello Bullet Bobb !!

I started with Astrology back in 1988. Was told it was a load of rubbish.

Gnawed away at me so I started again in 1999, and was lucky to be able to watch The Stars daily since around 2003.

I've followed plenty of "Pros" and you pick up bits and pieces of them but also become amazed how they just forget they got something completely wrong, and march on.

Louise McWhitter aka WD Gann defined some useful Cycles but in the end you have to come up with your own Rules.

Example Neptune and Pluto ? What do they represent or Rule in your opinion. The Nodes too ? What are they up to ?

Also, without looking at the Markets, hypothesis on how things would have gone from last days of 2015 and run your Analysis through till say late April 2016. What would you have predicted and why ?

NOT a trick but I've heard three or four "Pro" Judgements on that period and they differed from mine, which was very good even if I say so myself.

Each Star Sign does see the World differently. I'm a Pisces but with a strong Leo element.

You've got to learn what your own tolerances are, as making Judgements is easy enough but be able to place the Bets and hold your Nerve is a bigger part of the deal.

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

McWhirter

I have been involved in astrology since the early 70's, so I'm hardly the new kid on the block. I have posted on this forum before, going back several years, altho on a different topic.

McWhirter wasn't Gann. There are photos of her and her tombstone on Google Images, if you care to look.

CRW

McWhirter

That's true.
I wonder if the McWhirter family has a Facebook page?
Would be interesting to know if she published in the magazines of the day? Would be very difficult to check. Perhaps some great-grandson has a trunk full of papers in his attic.
We'll probably never know.

Craig

Easy enough to check.
If one lived in NYC or Washington one could use the huge libraries there to see if there are any journal articles by her. She must have published something over the years, other than that one book.
It would also be interesting to read any contemporary reviews of the book. There may have been alot of discussion in the astro magazines of the day.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Excuse me if I've gotten off on the wrong foot with you. NOT intended.

I've read Bucholtz's book on McWhitter. Is there much New out there. I think being a good Astrologer with a Capitalist Hat on is where to go.

I do read recommended books but really just to check I haven't missed anything.

I know my High Level (as in looking down) Top Down Mundane Analysis lacks respect for the actions of the Moon.

For example with Uranus applying to r.Saturn in trine we've sort of jolted are way down in the Tech Sector.

I feel it must be the Moon that is doing the jolting.

Also Translating of Light is going to guide me I feel.

Skills in good Core Astrology.

H

You didn't get off on the wrong foot with me.

Do you know anything about this fellow Giacomo Albano, who wrote a book about predicting the markets? There are a few pages from his book on Amazon, and it seems that he is using the NM and FM, but rather differently than McWhirter. Something about casting all the charts for Grenwich! Might get a few ideas. I can get a Kindle version for $10, so what the heck. I'll get more than that back when I return Bucholtz' book.

CRW

Hi again Craig,

These sort of discussions are helpful in that I think again about what I do and how I got here.

20 painful years of highly sceptically assessing Astrology and throwing 90% of it down the pan.

The rubbish that is written.

I think it is about applying Traditional Old School Astrological Methods but being able to fully accept what the Planets bring.

Pluto for example ? Forget the Sun. Capitalism is about Fear/ (Paranoia?) and Greed.

Those Outer planets at work. Wooowh ?!!

God ? Neptune what does it do ?

Venus Rising verses Venus Setting ?

When you are looking at Mass Effects of the planets on Earth they often see to deliver the opposite of what they do to an individual.

I do feel Bucholtz is one of the better "Pros" but like many seems to leave that key bit out of the discussion.

I'm going to try his email alerts for a few weeks.

Although, I'm happy with my method, when I do feel some Market "Action" is due I like to have some back up, just in case I've missed something.

I have a degree in Psychology and always promised myself to be a full on Humanistic Psychologist. If it seems to work then look into it.

I've found these Chart Guys helpful even if they do pure Data Analysis with no Astrology.

There is plenty of helpful Philosophy of Humanity behind their methods and Philosophy is needed to develop one's own "thinking."

That's why I like Gann as he started at the beginning and seemed to work thru it all.

He ended up with Eclipses.

I'm ending up with The Moon.

H

Craig,

Have you got an opinion on the effects of the The Stars during a day.

What should we be looking for ? Obviously Signs and Planets Rise, and Set.

I think that and how the Moon is working The Stars is important once the heavy longer term Analysis has been done.

I've ordered the second book your detailed. Anything to do with Classical or Traditional Astrology is important, and then the ability to interpret it in a Capitalist Mind Set.

Next week is full of Astro. Let's see how it plays out from a high point around 2,835 on the SP 500.

H

I have no opinions on 'the stars'. I've read Brady's book, but that is all.
Albano's book is a bit of a chore to read. He has some good ideas, but whether or not they're valid remains to be seen. Some of his stuff should work well with McWhirter, which is why I got the book.
Very poorly assembled book. Charts are very hard to read, to the extent that I'm going to use SF to redo them.
But if I get one good idea from the book it will be worth it.
Good luck with Bucholtz' service. I returned his book yesterday. First time I've ever done that. I've been reading Merriman's free weekly column. It is very well done.

CRW