Royal Ascot

A week on Tuesday (19 June) we start Royal Ascot.

In past years we have entered the Telegraph Fantasy Racing competition:
https://fantasyracing.telegraph.co.uk/royal-ascot/

I have not decided if I should enter this year. Five days of six races is a major commitment to forecast. Thirty races take time to analyse properly. The main issue is that I would normally only bet on races where there was a clear astrological indication. Last year I found I was making forecasts for Ascot races where I had no clear view.

Are people interested in entering again this year?

Hi GB,

I'll make astrological predictions for all races for that period.

I use addey method which has worked for me.

I would like to know how to use sepharial method which I've read on this thread you use:

-Sun
-Moon
-Which planet is closet aspect to mh
-Use that quadrant

I don't know how to derive the weights or come to a conclusion, how/what to calculate to come to a conclusion to the proportions.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 75b7902389

I would appreciate anyone who would give me an example on how to use sepharial method.

We’re ok joining with Ascot, if only for the fun factor and sense of forum community.

The question is whether there’s enough interest. There is also no World Cup build up either on these pages!

Agreed, it is hectic doing all the races, but it’s only a game.

We’ll be at the AA Conference so it will be more busy than usual. When we had the Aintree game, we also had our local Conference on Grand National day. In addition to telling half the people there what horse I’d picked and why, we also spent time in the morning changing our picks due to non-runners on the fantasy game.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

John,

If you are both interested I will slog through all 30 races to be community minded. :D

If you want to create a private league I will join. Don't forget that our experience has been that the selection of the three jockeys and three trainers seems to be as important as the actual runners. I seem to remember they were nearly half my score last year.

Graham

Vas,

I have tried Sepharial's method for handicaps. His description of the method is a bit vague and ambiguous in places. I tried it quite a few times but it does not seem to work very well. It worked for me at first, but as so often with astrological methods, it was not reliable long-term.

I have not used it for some time now. Fortunately, there are not many handicaps at Royal Ascot. :)

If anyone is interested in joining the Ascot fantasy league either reply back on this thread or send me a PM.
I'll send the log in details by PM.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.