Any suggestions for a league name ...

Don't forget that you can have three free stables. Also, as we found with Royal Ascot last year, the selection of trainers and jockeys is very important - for me, trainers and jockeys accounted for more points than picking winners :)

Any suggestions for a league name ...
How about 'Astro Punters' again?
for me, trainers and jockeys accounted for more points than picking winners
Yea, I let the side down by a few points by not picking Ryan Moore.

GB, can you recall where we finished in the league table? I seem to remember we got unto 19th by day 3, but I can't remember where we finished overall.

Would be progress to beat that position this time around, but I think with Jupiter in Scorpio (Jupiter is the natural ruler of horses and gambling for y'all who don't do rulerships), I'd be surprised if we did.
Verum e

I have created the league Astro Punters. If you want the Pin please PM me.

Looking back at Fantasy Ascot, we reached 8th but then faded and finished at 62. However there were hundreds of leagues if I remember. Cheltenham may have less, we will see.

Getting close to the start of Cheltenham on Tuesday.

I'm trying to decide what to do about high priced horses - probably restrict myself to below 10/1 unless it's a large field handicap. Now I need to decide how to use the three stables. One pure Addey perhaps?

I was wondering if I should do just favourites for one selection to use it as a benchmark. :?

Otherwise I’ll probably use the ascending degree. I can usually get several horses by this approach so won’t be short of having selections for the three teams. :shock:

My other half was proposing to use the Addey/planets on the angles/Al-Kindi horse colours/planetary hours/astro weather for the day/anything that takes her fancy/blindfold and pin methods.
:lala
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

Dear Astro Punters,

Please keep your eyes pealed for pm's - I will mail you on Monday with regards to what I will publish on this forum. Personally, I is be happy to keep any information that we may possibly discover exclusive to our little 'community'.

Trolls afoot!

Guilty, your honour!

I would prefer to post my predictions via pm presently, although I am happy to discuss results, general chit-chat or even any outrageous blar-de-blar etc.., on this here tread - with the usual rigorous endeavour, I hasten to add. :D

I'll use Campanus and jam mostly, although I have thought about combinations of Placidus and Regiomontanus with regards to angles and cusps.

Also, I have the week off and RUK subs :'

Sincerely yours,

Modwasp.
Verum e

One thing we do know: the going is going to be Soft/Heavy, at least for the first day. Reports say the softest going on the opening day for 20 years. Not sure how to work that into my astrological predictions - perhaps avoid top weights in handicaps and go for the Neptune runners. :D

Should have a reasonably idea of the runners on Monday, so time to start doing the basic astrology. Work, work, work ...