Will vendor change his mind? Will we buy house?

Question asked on 15 June 2004 at 16.56 BST in London.

Question is: Will our vendor change his mind and sell us his house. We were due to exchange contracts today on a house we wanted to buy, but yesterday the vendor pulled out. Today our solicitor says he is adamant about not selling. :-sk

Chart has scorpio rising (us) and mars is at 24cn50 in the 9th, in cadent house and debilitated by sign. Mars is separating from saturn (significator of the house) at 13cn53, also in 9th, saturn is also in poor condition. Separation shows we are moving on from this deal.

Descendant ruler (vendor) is venus at 13ge34R in 8th of mental anguish (seller is selling because wife died).

Moon's aspects: trine Fortuna; conj venus; conj mercury (sig of seller's money, mercury is combust and therefore weakened); conj sun (sig of price). NO mutual receptions here to aid desired result - :-cry

Moon then gains dignity by changing signs into cancer (DOES THIS COUNT?) and then conj saturn (house) and mars (us). :???:

There is a sextile perfecting in 2 degrees between jupiter (sig of our money) and saturn (house), however no mutual reception again - so is this a NEGATIVE?

The outcome of this will be known rather quickly, but I thought it would be interesting to get some input.

Any would be very much appreciated! In a way it is rather liberating that the situation will be resolved quickly and that it is out of our hands.

I think the lack of mutual receptions give a negative response. However, I have just spotted an aspect which becomes exact in 2 degrees between venus (seller) and jupiter (our money). This is a square but there is a mutual reception by term. ANY IDEAS? :?

Thanks in advance

Lottie

I guess you know by now. The chart seems to show everything breaking up, but with Saturn as significator of the property, retrograde, in detriment; and with Neptune conjunct the 4th house cusp and the Moon applying to the square of Uranus in the 4th house, your hopes of getting a stable deal here look slim to say the least.
Moon then gains dignity by changing signs into cancer (DOES THIS COUNT?)
Not really, unless I have the chart wrong, the Moon is only at 1.05 Gemini so has a full sign to traverse before reaching Cancer. That takes it out of the current focus as far as I?m concerned.
I have just spotted an aspect which becomes exact in 2 degrees between venus (seller) and jupiter (our money). This is a square but there is a mutual reception by term
You are starting to sound desperate :lol:

Chart has scorpio rising (us) and mars is at 24cn50 in the 9th, in cadent house and debilitated by sign. Mars is separating from saturn (significator of the house) at 13cn53, also in 9th, saturn is also in poor condition. Separation shows we are moving on from this deal.
Hi Lottie :)
given the fact that the house belongs to the vendor, I would be looking at the 10th house as significator of the property (4th from 7th), rather than the 4th. This makes the Sun significator of the property and the Sun is void-of-course here, suggesting to me that nothing further will happen with regard to the property.
Moon's aspects: trine Fortuna; conj venus; conj mercury (sig of seller's money, mercury is combust and therefore weakened); conj sun (sig of price). NO mutual receptions here to aid desired result -

You know Lottie, there are some astrologers of a more modern frame of mind who swear by the parallel of declination, declaring it to be a valid aspect in horary, and similar to a conjunction in its effect. I've even seen a few example charts where the case has been put forward relatively convincingly. I mention this because here the Moon (your co-ruler) is about to make a parallel with the Sun (the property). Unfortunately, the Moon is very weak, being peregrine and in the 8th house. Lilly tells us not to expect anything from a weak Moon, so even if the parallel has any merit as a valid aspect, the sheer weakness of the Moon suggests an inability to affect this situation on your part.
The vendor (Venus) has already made up his mind, but Venus moves direct on the 29th at 9 Gemini. The Moon has 12 degrees to go before reaching Venus at 13 Gemini, and 8 degrees to reach the degree Venus will be at when she goes direct. (9 Gemini). This suggests a meeting between yourselves and the vendor, but whether that meeting will prove fruitful is arguable, since the Moon is so weak, and there's no reception. Besides this, the Moon first squares Uranus, suggesting some kind of sudden domestic crisis ( Uranus in 4th) or a change in the price of the property. (10th from 7th)

The outcome of this will be known rather quickly, but I thought it would be interesting to get some input.
Any would be very much appreciated! In a way it is rather liberating that the situation will be resolved quickly and that it is out of our hands.
Descriptively shown by your two peregrine significators :)
That's about as much as I can glean, Lottie. There are so many ill-dignified and/or peregrine planets up there lately I'm surprised that *anybody* is getting positive results from their horaries these days! :)

That upcoming square (with reception) between Venus and Jupiter offers *some* hope that the vendor will suddenly decide to take your money, but any negotiations will be hard-fought, I'll wager.
Keep us informed on any further developments, please...
--
Cheers....

Hi Pete,

Since Ptolemy reminds us of the need to consider declination I think your comments on parallels are fully justified. But I?m not sure why you?ve decided to assign the property to the 10th house. Lilly seems quite clear that in property questions the 1st house is the buyer, the 7th the seller, the 4th house the property in question and the 10th house the price. Don't you agree with Lilly on this?

Nice judgement though.

I?m not sure why you?ve decided to assign the property to the 10th house. Lilly seems quite clear that in property questions the 1st house is the buyer, the 7th the seller, the 4th house the property in question and the 10th house the price. Don't you agree with Lilly on this?
You know Deb, I'm not entirely sure that I do. Ok, maybe I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, but I'm trying to look at this logically. What I mean is, if this were a question concerning the vendor's money, we'd turn the chart and look at the 8th house. If it concerned the vendor's neighbour, we'd turn the chart and look at the 9th house, so I don't see why we shouldn't look at the 10th house if we're examining the vendor's property. I fully acknowledge what Lilly says on p.204 of C.A., and his judgement of "Master B's Houses" on p. 219 has long been considered a master-stroke of interpretation, yet for the life of me I can't get my head around the fact that the 4th house signifies the *querent's* property, just as the 2nd house signifies the querent's money.
I appreciate that even when we decide to turn a chart we should still consider the radical houses and their rulers, but that doesn't, for me, detract from the fact that the radical 10th is the 4th from the 7th, and ought, therefore, to represent the vendor's property.
Or am I being just too clinical about this? :shock:
Nice judgement though.
Thanks Deb, coming from you that's a compliment. I gave it a go. :D

Cheers...

Hello Deb and Pete

Sorry it has taken me soooooo long to thank you both for your delineations.

What happened with regard to this house purchase? After we had found another house to buy in August the estate agent rang us to ask if we were still interested in buying the house, but at a higher price. We smugly declined and went on to buy the house we are in now.

I wonder if I will ever be able to analyse my own horary charts when I am emotionally involved! Too much water in my chart perhaps :roll: