playing with asteroids

Following my post about Ettore Majorana, I’ll post below some findings and thoughts on asteroids. I think/ hope that asteroids may be the way to show exact scientists/ quantum physicists/ astronomers that there is something going on in astrology that is worth investigating.

Even though it remains debatable how to interpret the meaning of the asteroids showing up — eg in Ettore Majorana’s case, did Germania and Ottohahn at crucial personal points in his horoscope indicate that he cooperated with the Germans, or simply that they were on his mind, or that all this was a possibility that may or may not have happened, like a quantum wave before it collapses?

But the fact that these asteroids show up at crucial personal points, is a mathematical and statistically undebatable, relevant fact, I’d say — and one doesn’t need to have any astrological knowledge to see this.

But apart from that i have no idea how to make them look into this, I also imagine that the objection scientists would make is, what about all the asteroids showing up that are not relevant (astrodienst lists 22870 asteroids, which are all somewhere on the 360 degrees of a chart…). And why don’t ALL relevant asteroids ALWAYS show up at significant places? E.g. , why don’t the asteroids Einstein, Freud, Jung, Georgeclooney, Nobel et al. (I checked them) show up conjunct their Suns or Ascendants, and why don’t all Nobel Prize winners have asteroid Nobel conjunct a sensitive personal spot?

Would love to hear your opinion on all this, and your own asteroid experiences and experiments.

Here some of my favorite findings in famous people's charts — to keep this post easily readable, I am not adding the dates of the charts concerned — but all charts can be found on astrotheme.com, and all asteroids can be found in the astrodienst.com asteroids databank.

Oppenheimer has asteroid Vishnu conjunct his 1945 solar return ascendant!!!!! (if you don’t know the relevance of this, google ‘Oppenheimer quote Vishnu’)

The chart of the Hiroshima bombing has asteroid Alamos(a) conjunct Mars and Uranus conjunct the MC (The bomb was made in Los Alamos)

Quantum physicists Paul Dirac, Niels Bohr and Wolfgang Pauli all were born with the asteroid that was named after them conjunct their sun

Paul Dirac has asteroid Geometria conjunct his natal Ascendant

Dirac, one of the youngest Nobel laureates ever, has asteroid Nobel conjunct his natal Sun

JK Rowling has asteroid Potter conjunct her MC, and Harry(Anselmo) conjunct her North Node

Jeff Bezos has natal asteroid Amazone trine his natal Jupiter, and Mackenzie (his ex-wife) conjunct his North Node

Heisenberg had Bohr conjunct his natal Part of Fortune. They were friends and colleagues, but Bohr broke all contact when he suspected Heisenberg was helping the Nazis — at that point, transiting Uranus was squaring asteroid Bohr/ part of fortune in Heisenberg’s natal

Heisenberg and Majorana were friends and colleagues. Heisenberg has Ettoremajorana conjunct his natal Mercury — and Ettore Majorana has Heisenberg conjunct his natal Mercury
Last edited by annadeer on Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and here some from my own chart:

I am a writer, astrologer, fine artist and martial artist. In my natal chart, I have Paracelsus conjunct my Ascendant, Shakespeare conjunct my Sun, ToulouseLautrec conjunct my part of Fortune, and TomoeGozen conjunct my Mars (not saying that I am playing in their league :)).

I once lived in the Alps, loved, loved, loved it, and hope some day to live there again. Just today I saw there’s an asteroid called Alps, and it’s also conjunct my natal part of fortune.

And once upon a time (before there was Astrodienst and before I knew of asteroids) I had an encounter in Sedona that spectacularly changed the trajectory of my life for the better — now I know that asteroid Sedona happens to be conjunct my part of fortune too.

During lockdown, the 3 people in my isolated social circle were Katerina, Catherine and Renaud. Just now I saw in my Solar Return that asteroids Renau(xa) and Catherine were conjunct my solar return ascendant

I have Odysseus conjunct my natal MC and Moon — I studied classical Greek, lived in 7 different countries, and after long traveling around, settled in Greece

And this is the curiosity that sparked my interest in asteroids: in 2005 I sold a series of short stories to Elle Magazine. That month, asteroid Ella was conjunct my lunar return Part of Fortune. And in my natal chart, Ella is conjunct my natal Jupiter, ruler of my 3d house. Moreover, the series started with a story about a guy called George. And yes, of course, there is an asteroid George, and it’s also conjunct my natal Jupiter and my natal Ella. The series eventually led to a book contract, a romantic comedy. And Thalia, muse of comedy, is conjunct my north node in my 10th house.

Have plenty more, but for now, I’ll leave it at this.

Just to throw some astronomy in your post Annadeer.

The Asteroid Belt
The asteroid belt is a torus-shaped region in the Solar System, located roughly between the orbits of the planets Jupiter and Mars. It contains a great many solid, irregularly shaped bodies, of many sizes but much smaller than planets, called asteroids or minor planets
The size of the objects within the asteroid belt range from being as small as a dust particle to almost 1000km wide. The largest is the dwarf planet Ceres. Ceres is the only dwarf planet in the asteroid belt. The four largest objects in the belt are Ceres, Vesta, Pallas and Hygiea. It is estimated to contain between 1.1 and 1.9 million asteroids.
Herschel has long been credited with coining the term asteroids, derived from a Greek word meaning "starlike," because he introduced the term at a meeting of London's Royal Society in May 1802 and later published it in the Society's Philosophical Transactions.
Alfred Witte found Cupido, Hades, Zeus, Kronos, Apollon, Admetos, Vulcanus and Poseidon to be significant and they are. But I think he just showed the way as many unknown TNOs may be significant as well. The fastest of the eight, Cupido, moves slightly more than 1° per year. The slowest, Poseidon, moves about ½° per year.
In 2000, Juan Antonio Revilla said "At present there are about 230 trans-Neptunians identified, and their orbits are readily available and updated at the Minor Planet Center on a daily basis. A few months ago Albert Timashev made available an update to his freeware "Phaethon" 1.0 Demo that allowed to have the zodiacal positions of all the tnp's available."

The website of Susan Herskowitz offers a grood grasp of their meanings in a natal chart.
https://theuranianastrologer.com/

The Kuyper Belt
The Kuiper belt is a circumstellar disc in the outer Solar System, extending from the orbit of Neptune at 30 astronomical units (AU) to approximately 50 AU from the Sun. It is similar to the asteroid belt, but is far larger—20 times as wide and 20–200 times as massive.
More than 100,000 objects over 100 km (62 mi) in diameter are thought to exist.
Trans-Neptunian objects (TNOs) are any objects in the solar system that have an orbit beyond Neptune. Pluto is a trans-Neptunian object. So are Orcus, Pluto, Haumea Quaoar, Chiron, Eris and Makemake. The astronomers generally accept them as dwarf planets.

The Oort Belt
The Oort Cloud lies far beyond Pluto and the most distant edges of the Kuiper Belt. While the planets of our solar system orbit in a flat plane, the Oort Cloud is believed to be a giant spherical shell surrounding the Sun, planets and Kuiper Belt Objects. It is a big thick bubble around our solar system, made of icy, comet-like objects estimated at around 2 trillion.
At its current speed of about a million miles a day, NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft won't enter the Oort Cloud for about 300 years. And it won’t exit the outer edge for maybe 30,000 years.

"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." (Hamlet)

Needless to say, there is a star for everyone of us out there!
Last edited by Ouranos on Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blessings!

Annadeer wrote:
Here some of my favorite findings in famous people's charts — to keep this post easily readable, I am not adding the dates of the charts concerned — but all charts can be found on astrotheme.com, and all asteroids can be found in the astrodienst.com asteroids databank.
I have never worked with asteroids, but your examples are fascinating. I'm happy that you and others are working in this area. Thank you!

Ouranos, thanks for resizing your graphic!
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Hi Annadeer

The physicist that inspired my own cosmological thinking the most in recent years was Sir Roger Penrose - starting in 2012, when I had the opportunity to exchange a few words with him on a congress held in Switzerland. Also, I am familiar with most of his books (especially the more recent ones). Oddly, it never occurred to me to check out his natal chart until now. Looking it up in the Astrodienst database, I found that there is no verified time of birth known; however, an attached note suggests a time based on an astrologer's rectification. As it makes a lot of sense to me, we can go with that. :)

So here's Roger's chart, with a few asteroids added that represent people that I know to have been influential on him in some way. Not all of them feature equally strongly, but the one that blew my mind is Hawking - as Steven Hawking was clearly Roger's closest associate whom he shared some particular fields of research with.

We see Hawking on 5°30' Gemini, in close conjunction with Roger's Moon! He is casting a sextile to Venus and Jupiter, a trine to Mars (ruler of the rising sign) and a square to Neptune and Part of Fortune. If we allow for a bit of a wider orb (which I would say we are perfectly justified to do here, especially since Hawking blends in with the Moon), we can add a square to Mercury to that - which makes sense, since Roger and Steven - their good friendship notwithstanding - didn't agree with each other on all accounts (for instance on the question whether or not a black hole retains the information of the things it swallows).

Einstein in the sixth house of profession (along with Uranus) makes good sense too, as so much of Roger's work revolves around the cosmological conceptions founded by Albert Einstein. As does Hoyle in the first house; Roger called Fred Hoyle an important influence in his younger days, with the latter's Steady-state (as opposed to Big Bang) theory of the universe. Roger's Conformal Cyclic Cosmology (CCC) could be said to represent a middle way between the two.

As Roger won the Nobel prize in 2020 for demonstrating that black holes prove Einstein's Theory of General Relativity, and I had therefore included the asteroid Nobel in the natal chart, I was curious what a transit chart for the very day of the award would show. Lo and behold - we find transiting Einstein in conjunction with natal Nobel! :)

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Michael Sternbach wrote:
So here's Roger's chart, with a few asteroids added that represent people that I know to have been influential on him in some way. Not all of them feature equally strongly, but the one that blew my mind is Hawking - as Steven Hawking was clearly Roger's closest associate whom he shared some particular fields of research with...(etc.).
Absolutely fascinating contacts! Having never bothered to look into asteroids, posts on this topic are like the discovery of some kind of magical fairyland.

Michael Sternbach wrote:
So here's Roger's chart, with a few asteroids added that represent people that I know to have been influential on him in some way. Not all of them feature equally strongly, but the one that blew my mind is Hawking - as Steven Hawking was clearly Roger's closest associate whom he shared some particular fields of research with...(etc.).
Absolutely fascinating contacts! Having never bothered to look into asteroids, posts on this topic are like the discovery of a make believe world. I don't know what the asteroid world is like, or if there are other asteroids close by the specific ones cited in posts here. I don't know how crowded the field is with named asteroids. But I have too many study areas going on to also add asteroids.