The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

How to appease Mars ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zosma

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: How to appease Mars ? Reply with quote

I have observed over several years that Mars transits have consistently worked against my happiness & well being,I understand that in Vedic astrology there are ways to appease Mars,I don't wish to worship planets as I believe that is inherently wrong, but maybe someone knows of ways to make Mars less of an enemy. My Mars is in Gemini 4 degrees 35 minutes critical degree or sidereal Taurus conjunct the MC at 5 degrees 07 & every aspect to it is hard, no soft aspects. It presides over a mutable grand cross & a Yod.
AJ

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How to appease Mars ? Reply with quote

Zosma wrote:
maybe someone knows of ways to make Mars less of an enemy.

hi Zosma: Here a a few simple and effective propitiatory suggestions for Mars:
    Exercising patience.
    Helping younger brothers and those that serve us.
    Prayers and meditation in the morning daily for at least ten minutes.

Best regards and blessings.
~AJ
Zosma

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AJ
I do all those things & more but hey maybe Mars needs to be Mars, like the scorpion asking the frog if it can hike a ride on its back to traverse a river, half ways through it stings it, but you promised not to do that complains the frog but I couldn't help myself replies the scorpion.
It seems to me that with Mars ruler of Ketu on the 8th,& afflicting sun 12th ruler
& Pluto in the 12th that maybe Mars is a karmic task master from a past life dishing out retributions from God knows where.In veda there is a remedy for Saturn where you regularly feed black crows.Maybe Mars you keep a red candle alight during meditation using suitable incense ?

Until you make the unconscious conscious it will direct your life & you will call it fate.says Mr Icke.
AJ

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zosma: there are hundreds and hundreds of upayas (remedies) in Indian astrology. Some good, many bad.
Another common one in India for Mars is to offer food articles to a cow. Not so easy in western society.
Yes, offering namkeen roti with mustard oil applied on it, in pieces to crows everyday morning is a remedy for Saturn.
The remedies I suggested that you indicate you are already doing are based on the Bhoota yagyam, one of the Panch Maha Yagyas (or the five great sacrifices) mentioned in Vedic literature and the Upanishads, and the planetary tastes and preferences. The use of a red candle and proper incense is in this spirit as well as offering red flowers etc.
You mentioned a dislike for worshipping planets so that leaves out mantra. Which are essentially prayers to the diety concerned. Also mantra is difficult for the ordinary person to do as it is a serious long term part of a larger sadhana.
Not having your full chart all I can say is that severe afflictions cannot be fully removed but can be mitigated with the help of propitiatory remedies over time.
Remedies in large part help us to be consciously aware of the negative influences in our lives that lead us to make better choices and rise above them.
You should also consider strengthening the functional benefics in your chart, this will help overall to keep the malefic influences from tugging so hard on other areas of life.
Be well.
~AJ
Zosma

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AJ
I will study further into the Vedic literature as this interests me, & it will help to round out my astrological knowledge,I appreciate your help very much.
God Bless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Indian and Asian astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: