Horary is an art of synthesis. A judgment is called by noting all the significations and prioritising and putting them together to tell a meaningful story. Ergo, no single signification overpowers all the others (unless it is the Moon, which both Lilly and Bonatti said to be of utmost importance - it is much better to have the ascendant ruler afflicted than to have the Moon damaged, they said!)

The point is, this is ultimately an art, probably more so than it is science, and I see that you have been diligent in your research and are ready to call your own judgment now. Glad to have been helpful in this process. By all means, call what you think is right!

Best,
Amelia

CarolineEli,
Looking at L8 seems not wrong though perhaps as a secondary significator.
Sort of. If you need to be financed to buy the thing like a house then the 8th House will be involved.

And i don't profess to hold the truth.

Amelia,
Horary is an art of synthesis. A judgment is called by noting all the significations and prioritizing and putting them together to tell a meaningful story. ...it is much better to have the ascendant ruler afflicted than to have the Moon damaged, they said!)
Very true! The Moon is like a scanner. You pick up articles in a store and you proceed to checkout but for some reasons the scanner doesn't recognize one of the article. It simply doesn't fit in your bag or you don't need it for the road.
I like your approach when you pull the pieces of the puzzle and try to tell a story. And your kindness in everything you say.
Funny that we are in a Forum of Ancient Astrology but we are looking for our landmarks in today's world. If you read ancient texts, it seems full of thieves and family serial killers. I still need to find a text where an astrologer was forecasting for the querent's daughter a bright future made of wealth outside a marriage.
We just need to re-appropriate our present. After all, the past and the future are constantly with us.
Like Alice in Wonderland, how long does 'always' last? And the bunny to reply, "Sometimes just a second."
Or
Antoine de St-Exupery "As for the future, your task is not to foresee it, but to enable it."

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!

Thank you for the kind words, Ouranos.
Ouranos wrote:I still need to find a text where an astrologer was forecasting for the querent's daughter a bright future made of wealth outside a marriage.
This sure sounds interesting.

Thank you both so much, Amelia and Ouranos!

ANd thanks Ouranos for Lilly's rules for buying and selling.

I think SN conj the Asc is alarming enough to give me pause about moving forward

Moon in Via Combusta is further concern, especially since she's about to enter her sign of fall, and next aspect is an "ill application."

This is my first time posting in this forum and I look forward to reading and participating more as I continue my horary studies.

The past threads and posts are very valuable to go back over, as are Deb's many resources!

Thanks again!