1867 astrologers

Nobody responded so far. Why?
http://vissesh.home.xs4all.nl/mystiek/a ... ogers.html
But you could share your by chance found findings on an astrology forum and could get many likes from an astrology minded audience. When? Why? Because you argued in their way, unaware of sampling issues. But of course you should not come with data that refuted their expectations. Then they would ignore you.

An example of this can be found here: Venus Aspects: Statistical proof of astrological effect.

The problem here lies in your control group. What is the best expectation of the average mean. Normally it would be the combined found values in the case and control groups.

Challenger007 wrote:It seems to me that the well-being of marriage is influenced not only by the compatibility of the couple and the influence of the planets but also by many external factors, among which are mostly the material and physical components. If we want astrology to influence our life more, humanity needs to study in more detail the influence of heavenly bodies on our life. Let's be honest, now the energetic forces of planets and stars are not studied so well, because humanity has not yet advanced so far in the study of space. I hope that with the development of the launch company and various space agencies and companies, we will be able to better study the energetics of the planets and their influence on our lives. I hope this will help us better plan our lives and our relationships in the future.
Yes I agree, the influence of planets is not the only one factor. Material and physical factors have more influence :D

Re: 1867 astrologers

Ganglion wrote:Nobody responded so far. Why?
Hi Ganglion, thanks for your time to read and the observations! Sorry for the late response! I am having some health issues

You mention that there are thousands of married couples data, it would be nice to have other datasets to test and replicate this Venus hypothesis! Do you happen to have a link to the data you are referring to? I couldn’t find official tabulated data so this dataset was captured from image certificates. I think it is important to use official government data.

The one sided statistical test was selected because the objective is to test only one direction: “the effect of astrology???. A one-tailed test is appropriate if you only want to determine if there is a difference between groups in a specific direction so it seems ok. About the data mining, indeed there could be a problem with cherry picking the control group, so to prevent this it is important to have a big control group or several control groups. For the purpose of this study the control group just shuffles the original marriages randomly. I would like to add that the reasoning for using marriages to test astrology, is that any astrological hypothesis should be tested with several and bigger datasets (wich I haven’t found). About the image with calculations I don’t understand wich test is it calculating.

Wow!
Congratulations guys for the dedication you put into this type of research.
One of the problem one must encounter in studying human behavior is to scale the value 'How much?'
Like How much do you love someone else?
In Astrology, we could use the Angular Houses (1,4,7,10) to say Ah! this is more important here! Which is something Michel Gauquelin discovered when he framed the planets around the Houses.
And by itself, we assume that a marriage is a marriage and the longer it lasts the more likely it is important and a result of true love.

Here is a link to researchers who have studied human beings on a large scale.
https://cyclesresearchinstitute.org/cycles-research/

Congratulations Victor and Ganglion!
Ouranos
Blessings!