Defining magic

What is magic? Some say any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Clearly we're not talking about making toast in a toaster. But if you could wave a stick around, say a spell, and hey presto your bread is toast - no technology involved, or detectable by Penn and Teller, then I think all would applaud the magic involved (or suspect some trickery).

So magic is creating change without appropriate technology.

Sending or receiving a message without a voice, let alone keyboard or phone.
Foretelling the future.
Making oneself unliftable, or as light as a feather.

These are things that I have either done myself, or experienced by taking part.

I have also witnessed the magical effect of performance (music) and art, and I think that religious ceremony such as the Catholic Mass can be as magical as anything, in its own way.

Astrology is also evidence of some kind of magical process, where change happens in accord with planetary movement. I've had that as well, and I expect you have also.
Jeremy

If you are going to brag that far you can just make a video showcasing this power.

petosiris wrote:

If you are going to brag that far you can just make a video showcasing this power.
Well, that would be problematic for a number of reasons.
1. I was one of the lifters in this case.
2. It happened nearly 30 years ago, and I think the liftee is probably deceased by now.
3. Such phenomena cannot be clearly and unquestionably demonstrated on video. But if you want to see kind of what it looks like just google Dynamo and David Haye. Then imagine me pushing with x10 the effort and no lift happening.

I'm not bragging, just bearing witness that sometimes things that could be called magical do occur.

"Have done" is a past tense usage of English, and means something different from "can do".
Jeremy

I read something similar about ancient practitioners of Taoism who said something about being able to transcend fate once you become enlightened. Of course at the time I wrote off such an observation because I assumed that they were not aware of astrology. However hearing that other people who ARE knowledgeable about astrology saying the same thing makes me take what they said a lot more seriously.

Sorry to keep bothering you, but do you know any other sources that I can read up more about this? Or about magic in general? (any magic forums you know would be great)
Complete information about Baku/Azri Cost & Requirements for travelers before packing bags can be found here.

Hi Jonny

And welcome to Skyscript! :)

Please note that the post you responded to is a bit dated and that its author may no longer be around to respond to your post.

That being said, if you are interested in astral magic, THE source to turn to is Agrippa's classical works, I would say.

Additionally, we could also continue talking about this fascinating topic here, of course... :)

For starters, I would say that there is no way to AVOID the astrological influences that are given at any moment in time; HOWEVER, they can be expressed in various manners (some far preferable over others).

They can be balanced by complementary forces as well, by the skillful "magician"...

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Who does not know how in Hollywood mystical films the main character or heroine, having seen the next parade of planets, decides to fight evil and save the planet from it. While the opponent, some magician decides to take over the world on this day. And what does a magician really need from astrology?
Many people still refer to astrology as magic. They say that magic and astrology are closely related. Modern astrologers completely deny the magical background of astrology and disown it. If you take history
astrology, then you can understand why magic and astrology are linked in one bundle. In the Middle Ages, no magician could not know astrology. By the way, the doctor too. The famous Avecena, whom modern medicine recognizes as a doctor in the history of modern medicine, said that medicine is worthless without knowledge of astrology. Doctors still take the "Hippocratic Oath", but few people know that Hippocrates said something else, where it is said that a doctor who does not study astrology and does not use it in his work is bad. Astrology was studied by priests and until the Middle Ages, the church was quite supportive of astrology, there are even bishops of the early Middle Ages who left treatises and a rather tangible mark on the history of Western astrology.

To me the fact of Mercury the planet of magic and hermetism being in the place of honour closest to the Sun in the solar system says something about the nature of the universe. Rather than being benevolent Deity may actually be impartial, perhaps a kind of literal "Deus ex Machina". Also if we take the planets as alternating benefic-malefic (with Uranus perhaps neutral) then Mercury would actually also be malefic. (Such a balanced scheme is what one might expect from a mercurial mind.)

I would like to know can I start love spells and do love magic in August???
I asking this because Mars and Saturn are retrograde but Venus is not.

Can love magic be done during R/Mars and R/Saturn?!

Also, any idea when is the best time to do this love magic for the rest of the year? Thanks.