Being anxious this Christmas season.

We've been looking to stars to make predictions and that keeps us motivated during this pandemic, but unfortunately, not all can say the same thing, especially to those who will be celebrating Christmas alone like me. If you're the latter, what else is there to do that's keeping yourselves away from being anxious or lonely?

Your thoughts will be really appreciated.

I hope you got through Christmas OK. New Years Eve at our place kind of came and went: my husband (age 81) wasn't feeling well and went to bed early. We're pretty much under covid-19 lockdown where I live, anyway.

The old advice columns suggested that when we're lonely, we try to help someone else. If you read charts for people here or on other astrology forums, there are always people looking for a chart reading or help with a particular question about astrology.

Kind of a 6th house thing.

hey everyone, especially you Knightinte - i hope you are all doing well and everything is okay.. happy new year.. i hope 2021 is more easy going then this year has been for many, especially those like yourself who live alone... all the best for 2021!

I also really find a lot of space music/New Age music to be transformative. A great site with a huge archive for subscribers is the weekly program Hearts of Space on NPR:
https://v4.hos.com/home

Very Uranian, Neptunian-- and lunar.

If someone is lonely over the holidays, listening to music seems like a ridiculous happy-face suggestion. But the great composers, jazz musicians, and balladeers knew all about loneliness and used music to work their way through it.

Then there's "Let go and let God," or however one names the creative principle of the cosmos.

On December 23, a dear friend of ours was hit--and dragged-- by a garbage truck that didn't see him. He survived first-responder care in our local rural hospital, and was airlifted to a larger medical center. He's been in critical care since then, heavily sedated, having lost an arm, with pins in his hip, a special surgical collar around his fractured neck bones, and with the possibility of losing a leg. Assuming he recovers it will be a long painful convalescence.

I suspect he'd give anything merely to feel lonely.

Which is not to belittle Knightinte's understandable feelings of sadness and isolation.

Mostly I think the best plan is to reach out to people who seem lonelier or more misfortunate than we are. Kind of a 6th house thing.

Thanks, Bob.

I think future astrologers will look back at 2020-2021 and see how anxiety, stress, and sadness affected billions of people, due to the isolation of covid-19 restrictions amplifying the normal sadness of people who are alone for the holidays but don't want to be. So many people would be taking some kind of direct hit from transiting planets in Capricorn, and now in early Aquarius.

Our friend is off the ventilator but still in ICU due to the surgeons' concerns about whether they can save his damaged leg.

Kind of puts a lot of ordinary concerns in perspective.

Hi everyone, thank you all for your warm thoughts! I chose to celebrate New Year at work so I stayed overnight while I facetimed with my parents the whole night while welcoming the New Year with workmates. We celebrated the New Year there with some food and wine as we were allowed to have a 2 hours break at work while we welcome the New Year.

Happy New Year everyone!