Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Arabic Parts: Stationary or moving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CFJ

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:16 am    Post subject: Arabic Parts: Stationary or moving Reply with quote

When looking at Arabic Parts in the chart, not just Fortuna, are they stationary points or can they be "applying" to a slow planet, lets say.

OR is it all dependent on the planet & its direction?

Thank you!
CFJ
Ouranos

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello CFJ,

The Parts are stationary points. They cannot apply to planets or houses.

One of the best definition I have found is the one from Marc Edmund Jones
"The 'parts' are secondary horizons, created by taking, from the ascendant, whatever distance is found to lie between two planets, cusps or points in pertinent relationship, always moving counterclockwise around the zodiac."

They are very powerful energy points, and Ancients called them the 'Fortunes' the Greek word for "fortune" is "tuche", which means "happenstance" or fate or circumstances according to Paulus Alexandrinus. What we must understand is that it means 'Destiny' more than 'Luck.'

Since Parts combine the ASC and 2 planets and if we follow the definition of Jones that it creates a secondary horizon (symbolically an ASC) the Ruler of the Part and its position in the chart relative to the Part becomes foremost in explaining the Part itself.
Curtis Manwaring cites Vettius Valens:
"... the Lot itself will possess the power of the horoskopos, that of life; the 10th zoidion [sign] from this, the power of the midheaven, that of reputation; the 7th, the power of the descendant; the 4th, of the subterraneous zoidion, and the remaining places will possess the power of the 12 regions.".
And further: "We have also found the 11th place [sign] from Fortune to be an acquisitive place, a bestower of belongings and goods, and especially when benefics are upon it or are testifying [in aspect]."

Let me give you a few examples here with the 11th House from Fortuna.
** Bill Gates - Fortuna in Aquarius - 11th House Sagittarius
Jupiter Lord conjunct Pluto in the 2nd House
** Jeff Bezos - Fortuna in Pisces - 11th House Capricorn
Saturn Lord in Aquarius (own sign) conjunct Venus L 2nd House -
adding Mercury, MC, Sun, Mars in Capricorn in the 11th Place from
Fortuna
** Warren Buffet - Fortuna in Pisces - 11th House Capricorn
Saturn Lord in Capricorn (own sign) ruling ASC and 2nd House
Interestingly, this Saturn makes an opposition to Mars L4 and he never
gave money to his children. His daughter 'borrowed' money from his
father to start her own business. Adding the Retrograde status of Saturn,
he always lived like a peasant, not really enjoying the 'good life'.

The Ancients pointed out one Part (Fortuna) and one House placement (11th from Fortuna) but a lot more research needs to be done for every placement relative to Fortuna and the 7 Hermetic Lots.

I have Fortuna in Sagittarius with the Lord Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th Placement from Fortuna and I can tell you that money has never been a problem, not that I don't care about it but I have always found resources when needed. And I have also used it when playing lottery, since Parts are points so personal, you could end up being the only winner of a raffle.

You can find a whole list of Arabic Parts compiled by the University of Michigan on
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/dreamhouse/attic/lots/index.html

Cheers!
Ouranos
CFJ

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouranos wrote:
Hello CFJ,

The Parts are stationary points.
Ouranos

Thank you SO VERY MUCH!
Have a great weekend.
CFJ
CFJ

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouranos wrote:
Hello CFJ,
Ouranos

Thanks again Ournos. One more question I have is:

Let's say you have an arabic part in the 8th house. Dos it take on the effect of that house?

Example: In a Horary question about money: The part of Goods/Money is in the 8th and the ruler of the first is applying trine goods/money. Would that infer that I will be receiving "other people's money"?

Thank you again for all your help,
CFJ
Ouranos

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry CFJ, I did not get a notification on your 2nd question.

The Ancients used the word 'House' to mean 'Sign' and they used the Whole Sign.
I am not sure about the formula of the Part you mention but I would say, if the ASC is applying by trine to a part, it is a good omen depending on your question.

Factors to consider:
** The ruler of the Part (dignified or debilitated?)
** Is the Part receiving good or challenging aspects?
** Always look at the planets involved in the formula
Take for example, Fortuna involving the Sun and Moon. At New Moon, this Part is always found conjunct the ASC and Paulus Alexandrinus a 4th century author says: "And Fortune signifies everything that concerns the body, and what one does through the course of life. It becomes indicative of possessions, reputation and privilege."
I have highlighted reputation here because people born at New Moon oftentimes become 'symbols for something in society. They bear a stamp, they become known for a cause, their 'persona' (ASC) becomes larger than their small Self.
A few examples:
Chris Brown, former boyfriend of Rihanna - ASC/Fortuna in a T-Square involving Sun/Moon and Pluto - became known for domestic violence.
Marlon Brando - ASC/Fortuna with Sun/Moon in a Grand Trine with Jupiter and Neptune - He became a reference as an actor.
Jose Bove - ASC/Fortuna with Sun/Moon in Gemini at the MC trine Saturn conjunct Neptune in Libra - This French activist became the spokesperson for organic farming in the world.
Kate Winslet - ASC/Fortuna Sun and Moon in Libra. The reason I am giving her as an example here is because this combination is right on the MC of historic sinking of the Titanic.

Hope this brings some light on your question.
Cheers!
Ouranos
CFJ

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouranos wrote:

Cheers!
Ouranos

Thanks for all that amazing info!
CFJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: