Career and income challenge

Hi,

I am doing this chart for someone that has had some difficulty on getting the career to take off. I am not well versed in Vedic/ Indian Astrology, and could only do the Western - tropical chart, but would like to know what Vedic astro has to say about the chart, as the native's parents are quite worried about this area of the native's life.

Anyone with Vedic astro knowledge - your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

[/url]

complete chart plz

Dear Aquarius7000: I for one must see the chart with all of the degrees of the planets and the Lagna included, or the chart data provided so I can calculate it with my own software before I would try to delineate it. Chart data is best because many Jyotishis use different ayanamsas and dasha systems. Tajika practitioners especially need full chart data.

I would suggest re-posting the full chart IAW board guidelines or provide the date, time and place of the chart and your own stab at a Vedic delineation for a better response to your query.

If you have done a Western delineation that would be interesting to include too.

Best Regards and Blessings,
~A.

Re: complete chart plz

My own findings, per Western Astro, are that, using the Placidus-House system, the native has a Cancer Asc. with Jupiter in the first house, in Leo. That is an excellent placement. However, the ruler of the career house (MC in Aries), Mars, is in its sign of detriment, Taurus, but conjunct a dignified Venus in Taurus. The Gem. Sun is in a square to Saturn, which perhaps has caused a lot of delay, along with the weak MC ruler, Mars, but the Sun is also in a sextile to Jupiter. The Moon is strongly placed in Taurus. Also, the native has a lot of Taurean personal planets: the Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars, and, given that Taurus is a fixed, earth sign, that could also add to the slow career take-off. The native has a lot of education, Master's level from Europe.

Now, what do you see?

An exalted Jupiter in asc will keep the native comfortable or the money will keep coming from somewhere.
But,

2nd house has least number of ashtakvarga point = 21.
2nd lord Sun is in a badhaka house in 11th.
Saturn is in 2nd house.

Earning by own efforts is a bit of struggle.
Marriage to a Doctor or money after marriage is indicated because 7th lord is in 2nd house- or the partner brings in the money.

Yogini Dasha of Saturn is from 2014-2020 and Venus follows next which should be good.
Rahu Mahadasha ends in 2019 and Jupiter's Dasha for 16 years starts fromMarch 2019.

So, I would say, expect better situation from the time of the dasha of exalted jupiter.

Thank you, Pankaj. Much appreciated.

I can understand almost all the points you mentioned due to the similarities with my Western delineation.

Two things I would like to clarify:

1) "2nd house has least number of ashtakvarga point = 21." What does Ashtakvarga points = 21 mean?

2) Since Jupiter in the native's natal chart is in Leo and so is the 2nd house in Leo, does it not help with personal income?

Thanks again.
pankajdubey wrote:An exalted Jupiter in asc will keep the native comfortable or the money will keep coming from somewhere.
But,

2nd house has least number of ashtakvarga point = 21.
2nd lord Sun is in a badhaka house in 11th.
Saturn is in 2nd house.

Earning by own efforts is a bit of struggle.
Marriage to a Doctor or money after marriage is indicated because 7th lord is in 2nd house- or the partner brings in the money.

Yogini Dasha of Saturn is from 2014-2020 and Venus follows next which should be good.
Rahu Mahadasha ends in 2019 and Jupiter's Dasha for 16 years starts fromMarch 2019.

So, I would say, expect better situation from the time of the dasha of exalted jupiter.

One more thing: as you said, and I see the same in the tropical Western chart also, Saturn is in the 2nd house of personal income. However, doesn't it get easy after a certain age - after 38 or 40 years of age I had read, that the Saturn effects mitigate/reduce?

I also notice that the North Node is in the 2nd house, which perhaps makes it more of a challenge, or do you consider the North Node lucky in Vedic Astrology?

Indian astrology generally goes by sign is house , so Jupiter in sidereal cancer will be considered in 1st house.

Ashtakvarga is point system based calculation, where all planets based on their placement in a particular house give strength to other houses .
Moon gives points to
2, 5, 7, 9 & 11th places from itself in Jupiter ashtakvarga.
2nd house gets 21 while 8th gets 39, in this chart.
So, wife’s money, money from legacies and insurance etc (8th house) could be helpful.
Last edited by pankajdubey on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

aquarius7000 wrote:Since Jupiter in the native's natal chart is in Leo and so is the 2nd house in Leo, does it not help with personal income
When you look at the chart in the sidereal zodiac, Jupiter won't be in Leo but in Cancer. The sign positions change with the zodiac; the house positions don't.

What I wonder is whether the native is actually in objectively difficult professional and/or financial circumstances (or even subjectively so, from his own point of view). From your initial post it seems to be his parents who are unhappy about the current state of affairs.
https://astrology.martingansten.com/