mystery exercise

this is a chart of a famous person.. the time is rounded off, as their is speculation that it was close to midnight... i will give the details afterwards..

i am curious if anyone would like to comment on the topic of work and marriage - relationships on this chart...

have fun! thanks

I'll take a quick stab... using only the visible planets and the Nodes.

The earth grand trine between the Asc, Sun/Ve, and Ju is shouting entertainment. The heavy Ta/Ve I would say is music rather than acting, the exact square by Me to the Asc would make for a edgy, unique style that is popular > with the Mo in H7 sextiling the Sun.

NN trine the Mo, L7, would be lots of manipulations in relationships, perhaps many side affairs. Combust Ve does not support steady unions. This Su is not the best as co-ruler of the H8 so its influence on Ve is challenging and Sa's square is could be a challenge to stability though. Fickle Me is exctly sq Mo.

Ma is caught up in the Nodal axis in H8 and co-ruler H8 Me square to Asc, so lots of trouble in inheritance and taxes.

Cheers,
~A.

arvind,

thanks for your comments! i am curious if you can elaborate on a comment you made here "NN trine the Mo, L7, would be lots of manipulations in relationships, perhaps many side affairs."

you have used the nodal axis quite a bit in your views here.. i am curious how you come about the one i have quoted above as i have become especially interested in interpretations on charts using this axis... thanks - and i will reveal the person in the next few days...

james_m wrote:arvind,

thanks for your comments! i am curious if you can elaborate on a comment you made here "NN trine the Mo, L7, would be lots of manipulations in relationships, perhaps many side affairs."

you have used the nodal axis quite a bit in your views here.. i am curious how you come about the one i have quoted above as i have become especially interested in interpretations on charts using this axis... thanks - and i will reveal the person in the next few days...
Hi james_m: I will try and answer your question as briefly as possible but to do so I think it will be better if I put down some of the main tenants of how I use the Nodes in delineation [Others mileage may vary :) ]. Especially of you are interested in how folks use them in interpretation. I mostly follow the way Nodes are used by a few of the Asian/Indian schools of astrology.

I think once you read this you will see how I came to the delineation: "NN trine the Mo, L7, would be lots of manipulations in relationships, perhaps many side affairs."

I know there are many divided opinions on the Nodes ranging from serious consideration to just ignoring them. The Nodes of the Moon can easily be a topic unto themselves.

First of all I use the true Lunar Node instead of the mean node. It works for me.

The North Lunar Node and the South are both first rate malefics.

The Nodes separately and the Nodal axis in general are compulsive, obsessive and indicate troubles and tension. Their effects often manifest in areas where we have little or no control.

As points where the lunar orbit crosses ecliptic themselves only afflict, they do not get afflicted.

The North Node, or Dragon's Head represents deceit, manipulations, materialism, cheats, immoral acts, addiction etc. The NN when close but not afflicting to a strong benefic planet can give rise to short term material wealth or publicity. Close affliction often indicates chronic disease & toxicity.

The South Node, or the Dragon's Tail gives sudden loss, sudden change, inflammatory situations, aberrant behavior. Close affliction, health is affected by inflammation, ulcers, cancer, surgery & intestinal disease.

Orbs are tight, 5 degrees at the outside to weak planets. Strong planets can withstand affliction by aspect from a single node, unless they are exact, 1 degree or less. Then it is afflicted.

Even a strong planet conjunct within 2 degrees of the Nodal axis I consider afflicted.

The trine aspects tend to be the a bit more beneficial because those influences are unimpeded by the push/pull dynamic that exists when planets are caught up in the Nodal axis. Don't be fooled by the trine aspect from the Nodes. It is still an afflicting aspect.

The square aspects from the Nodes are not that strong, so I don't consider them generally. Why? I don't know. Experience first just makes this clear, wherein astrological theory says that the square should be more challenging than the trine. Go figure...

Cheers,
~A.

Hi James

Nice that you are offering another 'mystery exercise'. :)

In regards to relationships, on the one hand, the Native would seem to seek a stable and comforting relationship as suggested by the Sun conjunct Venus in Taurus and the fourth house as well as by the Cancer Moon conjunct the DSC. While at the same sabotaging themselves by their emotional extremism that Pluto in seven in conjunction with the Moon speaks to. He forms a square with Uranus, who is causing upheaval in four (a theme repeated on another level by Scorpio being on the cusp of eleven). Thus, there may be hard to control drives towards domination in relationships as well as being at a partner's mercy, competing with a desire to be free of such entanglement. I would expect plenty of inner turmoil as result.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Hi James

Nice that you are offering another 'mystery exercise'. :)

In regards to relationships, on the one hand, the Native would seem to seek a stable and comforting relationship as suggested by the Sun conjunct Venus in Taurus and the fourth house as well as by the Cancer Moon conjunct the DSC. Om the other hand sabotaging themselves by their emotional extremism that Pluto in seventh in conjunction with the Moon speaks to. He forms a square with Uranus, who is causing some upheaval in fourth (a theme repeated on another level by Scorpio being on the cusp of eleventh). Thus, there will likely be hard to control drives towards domination in relationships as well as being at a partner's mercy, competing with a desire to be free of such entanglement. I would expect plenty of inner turmoil as result.

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

arvind and michael - thank you for offering your astrological insights on the mystery chart.. i had hoped more would chime in, but these exercises aren't for everyone i guess!

the chart is for willie nelson, the well known singer songwriter of songs like 'crazy' - sung by patsy cline, 'on the road again' and etc. etc.. he is an interesting character.. i just recently read his autobiography co written with david ritz - called - it's a long story - my life - willie nelson... book came out in 2015

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Nelson,%20Willie

the source notes give a few stories, perhaps the easiest one to go with being the 1230am birth time record.. however i posted a midnight chart based on the conflicting stories.. - either way cap rising and a midheaven either hitting his sun/venus conjunction closely or not, are some of the choices..

he has been married 4 times... he seems to exhibit the dynamics that both of you articulate in your comments! how much of that is from what - might be hard to say... i was thinking moon as ruler of the 7th in the square to mercury - could feed into a multiple of connections... the uranus square to the ascendant angle could be another part of it - being square pluto in the 7th - another part of it as well..

you both did really well on this!

arvind - thanks for articulating your thoughts on the nodal axis.. i have read 3 or 4 books on this in the past few years.. i think the best one is judith hills book shown below..'
https://judithhillastrology.com/compone ... -p28243787

she doesn't process the nodes the same way as you do arvind, but you may have arrived at your conclusions in a different way then her~! regardless, i appreciate reading what you had to say on that.. i did find your comment "Ma is caught up in the Nodal axis in H8 and co-ruler H8 Me square to Asc, so lots of trouble in inheritance and taxes. " very relevant to what has been born out in his life... the 1230am time would put mars more strongly in the 8th - even if by tropical sign it is in the whole sign 9th...

thank you both!!

james_m: Thanks for revealing the mystery person. It was fun. You're right, it was a shame more folks didn't give it a shot. I really enjoy to see how other practitioners approach a chart.

I have not read Judith Hill's book but I will put it on my rather long "I gotta read list."
Thanks again,
~A.

thanks arvind!

i am going to do another one of these mystery charts again soon.. they are fun!

let me know any books on the nodes that you would recommend if you know of any.. cheers james