I don't really know much about her and have only ever seen one of her shows, which was on youtube. The information with her astrodienst chart is almost the limit of what I know about her.

Interesting that she has Venus Casimi, conjunct her Sun with an eight minute orb.

I don't know what you mean by "run". Is this recent news I haven't read?

sabumnim wrote:
sabumnim wrote:
james_m wrote:sabumnim

i have another thread on the topic of oprah that i am planning on commenting on, so i will comment more on that thread.

as for saturn in the 10th and a fall from power - queen elizabeth of england has this position and she has remained steadfast and in power for a very long time... some of these generalizations don't work..

jimmy carter took over the presidency jan 20 1977 - saturn is in leo, high up in his natal chart and not in the 1st quadrant.

as for venus-saturn hard aspects in both of there charts - yes.. i think this aspect can express itself a few different ways and obviously will be different for women then men..

i hear what you are saying about saturn transiting the 1st quadrant, but i know this generalization isn't fool proof either... in casually looking at her chart, i see some real promise if she decides to run for the dem seat.. i will comment more on the other thread devoted to this.. thanks..
So James:

Thanks for finally admitting that you have a soft spot for Oprah ! LOL I would suspect that, since most in the astro community are females, that Oprah would have a rather large "cheering" section among this community.

Part of Oprah's career success has been founded on her banging the drum about being a victim of sexual assault. To her mostly female television audience, that goes down smooth. However, in order for her to be seen as a more mainstream political candidate, she needs to tone down the feminist rhetoric, stop blaming men, and just try to reconcile her past and emphasize her role as a leader for all people, and not just women.

That might be a difficult trick for her to do. She seems like a woman angry about her past. Some middle aged women are ? The fixed signs are typically the worst at adapting to change and or leaving behind the past. Also, Oprah has no husband, a very tough obstacle when vying for political office.

You have also skated around my tough questions, re: the fact that she has never run for political office, before, in her life, and yet, you (and others) somehow see her as a bonafide presidential candidate?

Where is the astrology to back that up, please, you don't say. I mean, what astrological transits or planets specifically back that up. Again, you don't say.

If you look at the natal transits and progressions for November, 2020, she has NO SMOKING GUN ASPECTS that show certain election to the White House.

All of her progressed natal chart for 2020 show DEFEAT, if she decides to run.

1. Secondary Progressed Moon in Scorpion opposite natal Mars (red flag Number 1) An aspect of annoying the public, peeing off the public and or being an irritant.

2. Solar Arc Saturn square the midheaven at 17 Libra. (red flag number 2). An aspect of career defeats.

3. SA Jupiter squaring her natal Mars, an aspect of either blind confidence and or over confidence, leading to defeat. (red flag # 3)

4. SA Uranus squaring her natal Ascendant. Reversals, leading to defeat and legal dilemmas that don't go her way. Foreigners are difficult to work with. (SA Uranus in the 9th house). (red flag # 4)

5. SA Neptune in Capricorn conjoining her natal ascendant. That is one of the worst Solar Arcs that you can have ! It can mean TOTAL WIPEOUT, in some cases. However, in this case, I will be generous and say that that means pipe dreams and pie in the sky thinking that doesn't happen !

Regarding the transits of Saturn through the four quadrants, to say that they are "generalizations" is simply ridiculous. Some of the finest astrological minds of the 20th and 21st century have written extensively about Saturn's tour through the natal chart, including Robert Hand's Planets in Transit, Grant Lewi and Heaven Knows What and Noel Tyl's legendary books, of course. (I know that you don't like Tyl, but Tyl is not here to be liked, but to teach you something?)

Re: Saturn travelling in the first quadrant, Jimmy Carter was a typo, it was actually Gerald Ford that I was referring to. In any event, Robert Hand pointed that out in the legendary Planets in Transit.

Re: Saturn in the natal 10th house, it's interesting that you bring up Queen Elizabeth as your example.

Like all of the royal family, the Queen has NEVER had to look for a real job a freaking day in her life ! Everything has been handed to her.

Go talk to some real people who have natal Saturn in the 10th house. I know a few clients, myself, and nothing comes easy for them.

Therefore, it's not a generalization, but a fact, that Saturn in the natal 10th brings pain and suffering in career matters. However, being also the natural house of Capricorn, Saturn in the 10th can be an exaltation of sorts, depending on its aspects in the natal chart.

Re: the Queen, if you look at her natal ascendant at 21 degrees Capricorn, you know that the end of the British monarchy cannot be far away. Pluto will be transiting her ascendant, soon, by conjunction. The upcoming Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Capricorn also falls on her ascendant. That means the end of the ballgame for her ! Prince Charles, says Tyl, will pass the football on to his son, William, but I just think that the monarchy will simply end.

Pluto in Aquarius is the idea that everyone is equal and the king and commoner is one of the same. You are no better than me and I am not better than you !

Ask anyone who is "ruled" by Aquarius or Uranus angular, and they fully understand what that statement means !

S.
hi sab -

i like oprah, but i know very little about her.. i am all for female empowerment.. yes... i would like it if women had more influence on the direction of more on the planet.. call me naive, but i think women are where it is at - yes!

as for oprah never running for political office before - it didn't seem to hurt trump here, did it? i am happy to confront any question head on, so i am sorry you confused my lack of a response for a lack of ability to do this! i just didn't think it required a response given what we have here with trump..

as for the astrological patterns and etc to back up the idea - this is what i was trying to solicit with others here!!! i guess you missed that as you didn't want to participate on this thread where i was very specific about all this!! what can i say? wow!

so, here are some astro things to think about.. the jupiter/saturn conjunction for 2020 moves to a new sign - aquarius! guess who has some aquarius planets that might reflect the new vibe to go with this important conjunction?

the time for oprah seems like a rounded off time, so i am not 100% certain of the solar arc directions i am looking at involving the angles.. i imagine the time is close as there are many that suggest a higher profile for her on election day - 3 nov 2020, then not.. but skipping this question of the accuracy of her birth time, i note north node at 21 gemini headed towards a conjunction to her jupiter - ruler of her ascendant.. even better is solar arc jupiter directed to her natal pluto as a conjunction with this combo reeking of power and strength and again - it involves her ascendant ruler jupiter.. the transits on the day look positive..

it is a long way to nov 3 2020 and i am not counting any chickens before they hatch, but with a superficial read, i think there is much promise to the idea of her running.. never dismiss the strength of saturn in the 10th in a persons chart as these individuals are always capable of much, especially in the upper square to her sun/venus square... i really attribute the mars - pluto square in her chart to the topic of sexual assualt, which from my own observations has always spoke directly to me about the relevance of this to those who have hard aspects involving mars/pluto in their natal chart...

you meant gerald ford instead of carter.. got it! ford was handed the job due the nixon fiasco... but with regard to carter it is interesting that he has saturn rising - which is another example of someone with saturn in the 1st quadrant that has defied the general views on saturn in the 1st quadrant defining someone who is mostly irrelevant on the world stage.. from my own viewpoint carter has remained a beacon of light for others as a leader who has continued to work for those less fortunate them others.. i admire the man and think he exemplifies true leadership as he continues into his 90's here..

as for the queen - regardless of what she did or didn't do to be given the role she has had to play - there has been NO fall from grace for her in her many years as a leader of the royal family... if we are going to use astrology, we can't fall back on generalizations about planetary position meanings... that is how i see it..

i do agree with you though about the idea of the end of the british royalty being when she is no longer around and it does seem imminent with her 21 cap rising... pluto in aquarius does dovetail with this too...

thanks for your post.. i read your mars in aries LOUD AND CLEAR, lol..

Hello James:

I just got a good chuckle reading your last post !

FWIW, (for what it's worth), my n. Mars in Aries conjoins your n. Mercury in Aries. That is a dynamic, but controversial synastric tie. One interpretation is that the "Mercury" person attempts to teach the "Mars" person to be more intellectual or rational, or as former Canadian PM Pierre Trudeau put it, "reason over passion."

The Mars person, in turn, inspires the Mercury person to put words into action, but there can also be challenges and difficulties, as you have found out.

Regarding women and self-empowerment, I have been teaching sports for over 30 years and about half of my clients, some 500 people, have been women. I have trained several noted female champions, as well. Therefore, I must be an advocate of female empowerment, no ? LOL

I am open to a new female U.S. President, as long as they do not harm the country, make unwise decisions and don't throw the world into turmoil or a depression. Pity the poor President after Donald Trump. There is going to be much clean-up work required.

Regarding Oprah, I do agree that her rounded off 4:30 am birth time is suspect, but since she tends to gain weight, (a Jupiter ruled phenomenon) I still believe that she likely has Sagittarius rising, but maybe not 29 degrees ? I say it's plus or minus three degrees.

In spite of the inaccurate birth time, much of her progressed natal chart is likely valid for many of the things that I said about her. I prefer SP's over Solar Arcs. Also, we don't really know who are the competing candidates in 2020, do we ?

Regarding Saturn in the 1st quadrant, I was referring to the transit of Saturn and NOT the natal position.

In any event, transiting Saturn = the ascendant is not an auspicious time for Oprah, since Saturn is debilitated in her natal.

Ironically, her Solar Return chart for January 29th, 2020, (you like using those types of charts, I do not !) yields a void of course Moon at 29 degrees Pisces, so that's not a very "presidential like" aspect for one allegedly going to the White House.

Just saying.

S.