Question regarding Election/Event Charts

Hi

My question is regarding applying and separating aspects in electional and event charts hoping to get some clarification as I can't seem to find information regarding this for my pea :-sk brain.

Are applying aspects the only ones considered when setting up an electional chart the same as when doing an Horary chart with the separating aspects being what has already happened :???:

Does the above also hold true for an event chart, the event already haven taken place, such as wanting to see what a first meeting chart indicated, or, are both applying and separating aspects considered :-?

Are the outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) considered as modern rulers in these charts if Aquarius, Pisces or Scorpio are on the Asc/MC or not considered as in Horary charts?

Any enlightenment would greatly be appreciated :D

Thanks

MarG

my guess

First I warn you that I don?t know that much about electional.

But in the authors I have read, it seems to me that the applying aspects are considered the strong ones, but separatin aspects may be important sometimes as well.

About the outer planets, you have to decide if you are using modern or tradicional astrology. Horary and electional are tradicional astrology, so they don?t acept rulership of the outer planets.

If you use the rules of modern astrology, as Chris Warnock said, you will have a hard time find an election, because all times are equally good ! They area all "times for learning"
Example, Saturn, lord of 12th, is afflicting lord of ASC: "good time for spiritual quest"
You are going to perform a surgery, and mars, lord of 6th, and saturn, lord of 8th, are making hard aspects withou reception to lord of ASC:
"I see you will do well with this surgery, because the 6th house is health, but I think you will get a venereal disease"
Just making fun of pop astrology
:P
Yuzuru

Re: Question regarding Election/Event Charts

MarG wrote:Are applying aspects the only ones considered when setting up an electional chart the same as when doing an Horary chart with the separating aspects being what has already happened :???:

Does the above also hold true for an event chart, the event already haven taken place, such as wanting to see what a first meeting chart indicated, or, are both applying and separating aspects considered :-?
This rule stands: applying aspects = future events/influences, separating aspects = past events/influences.

If you want to set up an electional chart in order to achieve something then look for applying aspects only.

About the separating aspects - Deb has explained it in a post some time ago: the separating aspects indicate past events, but they may still have a considerable influence on you.
Such as if you won a fortune in the past, you may still have some money to spend and live in luxury. A separating positive aspect from the 2nd house ruler may show this. But if there are no applying aspects, you won't grab any more money.

As for the event chart, here I'm not sure. But I suppose that the same holds true also.

Re: Question regarding Election/Event Charts

MarG wrote:Are the outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) considered as modern rulers in these charts if Aquarius, Pisces or Scorpio are on the Asc/MC or not considered as in Horary charts?
Here's my take on this: Horary astrology is indeed an ancient science. But there is no such rule that it should remain so. Whilst the world is changing, the outer planets were discovered by the humanity in order to keep up the pace with these changes.

The 7 traditional planets signify every worldy experience possible to the men of several hundred years ago.

But as the science progressed, the technological advances made it possible the appearance of:
- a supra-human thinking device - that is the computer - Uranus
- a supra-human emotional-artistic-imaginative device - that is the cinema - Neptune
- a supra-human form of energy - that is the atomic energy, the X-rays - Pluto

For these technological inventions, the traditional planets can have a pale representation. Therefore, the modern planets are to be used in such cases.

But the human life hasn't changed. The people love as they loved 400 years ago, they think as they did then, they earn money and go sick just about as they did in the past. So, for common human experiences, I'd always go with the traditional planets.
They are the only ones to have essential dignities.

On the psychological level, the outers bring some more information that wasn't available to the ancients. Such is in a relationship question, a square with Uranus would indicate break-up, but again, the main significators will still be the first 7 planets. Neptune will bring in some confusion and illusions, while Pluto would indicate fears and obsessions.
The reason for which the outers are given mainly negative indications is that they are so powerful, yet subtle, that the regular guys cannot handle them. Actually they cannot be mastered as we would usually do with the traditional forces (planets), because they signify forces and energy above us: Uranus gives the genius, Neptune the illumination, Pluto the submission to the Divine Will. These cannot be mastered. They are gifts from above.

That's why I would refrain from using them as main significators for persons in common horary questions.

Yuzuru and Siraxi

Yuzuru, thank you for your input :)

Siraxi, thank you for your explanation to each of my questions. I now have a better understanding of election/event charts.

I had read an horary book where "modern" horary used the outer planets as rulers as well as the traditional rulers which confused me, but your explanation about the outer planets cleared that up as well as about using the applying and separating aspects :D

Thanks again :lala
MarG