Which house shows a charitable project or volunteers?

Hi all

I'm looking at a question and can't figure out which houses to use. The question is whether or not the querent should get involved, as a volunteer, with a charitable project. The question is around enjoyment of the volunteering activity and also whether or not it will fit conveniently with other commitments in the querent's life, meaning will it require too much energy or emotional involvement from the querent. It's also about how useful the querent's contribution would be - would she be making a positive contribution or would she be out of her depth and fail to have a positive impact on the project.

I looked at the 6th as the house of servitude for the overall environment of the project. The 7th for the beneficiaries of the project whom the querent would be working with. The 9th for the management of the project (it's held in a church and run by church members).

Is this along the right lines?

Thank you

Jupiter is Charity and Saturn is austerity- the two are in exchange now.
Jupiter is changing sign soon - so it the austerity that she won’t like and it could just fizzle out.
Rex Bills give Virgo and 6th house to Voluntary work.

I agree with your approach, Karen, and I would look at those houses/rulerships, especially if they were indicated to be important in the chart.

I would be curious to see the chart.

In general, for any question, you should check if the chart is overall positive, such as the querent well placed and the Moon well placed and applying to benefic planets. This will give you information as to whether it will be what the querent is hoping for or not and whether they will have fulfillment. Generally, the querent's significator and the Moon will give clues as to the key features in the outcome and looking for rulers of houses is less cumbersome if you let those planets do the talking, especially in more complicated matters such as this. Although I do consider significators before forming a question, if the rulerships do not align well with what you had hoped, the chart might become confusing if you focus only on house rulerships, whereas a chart often already provides useful information if you follow what it is providing.

I would make sure I understand what the querent is seeking well. For example, are they hoping to cause change in a situation? Do they want to encounter difficulty and overcome it? This is important too in understanding the chart because, for example, someone signified as, say a significator in the 6th or 12th in aspect to Mars or Saturn is going to make you tell them this is a bad idea! However, if they are a person who wants to encounter difficult environments and overcome them and to have an experience that alters them and those around them, these sorts of significations might exist in the chart (particularly Saturn dealing with changing old ways of doing things, although Mars can be a champion for causes). We would not expect an easy chart in such cases (not that easy charts exist very often anyway!). If you look at Gandhi and Obama's natal chart for example, they both have their 1st ruler in the 12th in aspect with a malefic but it is not what we would expect given other indicators in their chart. Such symbolism can exist in any chart. In this case, the querent sounds like they would not want this sort of commitment.