North Korea

I did this a few months ago, but i will now make a comment on this - i was looking at the ingress charts from the capital of North Korea and thought i would share some of the data from them..

First - cardinal sign on the aries ingress implies one will have to go with the other ingress charts as the seasons change..

The autumn ingress for the North Korea chart has virgo rising - 12 degrees, with mars at 11, venus at 3 and mercury at 17 virgo... mercury is in a fairly clear square to saturn at 21 sag.. the midheaven degree is 9 gemini.. neptune is exactly on the descendant...

I think the chart is pretty reflective of what is going on here at the moment with regard to north korea..

Perhaps others would like to comment... i have yet to look at any chart for North Korea in Campions book fwiw..

On the up side it is a nocturnal chart, so mars is less dangerous here. On the negative side, moon is in scorpio, while mars is in a 10 degree square to saturn applying. I suspect the first part of fall/autumn will be challenging as the square tightens up into Oct 11th when it is exact..

Moon is applying to a sextile to venus in virgo. I am not sure how helpful that is.. mars rules the moon in scorpio..

I wish I could share the chart, but i am still playing with ubuntu and have to use a different program in order to..

Bottom line - I would like to say the mercury in virgo rules the fall ingress chart for north korea location... mercury in square to saturn, is also in a close trine to pluto... I think it rules the chart.. mars on the ascendant rules the 3rd and 8th... lots of fiery talk, especially with moon in scorpio - threats and stuff like that, but hopefully no crazy acts on the part of the major players in all this..

[/img]
Noth Korea conducted a nuclear test today, Sunday at 12:29 PM local time. I have constructed this chart for that time and place.
For these types of charts, I like to give the subject in question the 1st, house, which would be Sagittarius and Jupiter.
I think the U.S. should be the 7th. Gemini and Mercury. The U.S. would be an open adversary to N. Korea.
Mercury has just passed a conjunction with Mars, the ruler of the 12th. which I think is fitting for this situation. N. Korea has detonated a violent device in a secret location, in the 9th. a far away place.
The first thing I notice is the Moon is at the earliest degree and has not yet made an aspect. In my experience, this is almost as bad as being Void of Course. It means that the situation is still a little early to get a good idea of where things are going to go and we shouldn't make any definite conclusions about what's going to happen.
We should notice that Saturn is in the 1st. house. This greatly restricts the 1st. which would be N. Korea and means that they can't get whatever it is they want.
Mercury, ruling the 7th. and the 10th. is Void of Course and that means the U.S. has no real power to affect anything either. Mercury is exalted by mutual reception with the Sun which gives it dignity but being Void of Course, no power to do anything.
Jupiter, which rules N. Korea is exalted by triplicity and face in the 11th. This means it is with its friends, but with not as much dignity as the U.S.
The first thing the Moon does is an opposition to Venus, ruler of the 12th. of the U.S. and the 11th. of N. Koreas friends.
Overall, I'd say not much is going to happen here except more secret back channel negotiations.
Did N. Korea detonate a hydrogen bomb?
The only aspect Jupiter makes is an opposition to Uranus in the 5th. I think they wanted to but probably didn't succeed.

On a chart for North Korea I haven't got much time to get into this today so let me simply quote Nicholas Campion from his 'Book of World Horoscopes'. ''
'

The Communist Peoples' Democratic Republic of Korea was given independence on 10 September 1948 following three years of Soviet occupation. Press reports of 11 September referred to the proclamation of the republic 'yesterday', but spoke of radio announcements that a cabinet had been appointed and that the northern government was the sole government of Korea 'last night'. Whether this means that the proclamation was made in the evening , or merely that the only relevant news broadcasts monitored were made in the evening is not clear.

The event aroused a total lack of interest in the West , and no mention could be found in any English language press report apart from NY Times and BBC Summary of World Broadcasts. The position is complicated by the fact that different dates , such as September 9th and September 12th are given. However, it is clear that , while the proclamation was made on 10 September, we have absolutely no indication of the time of day. In the absence of further information Chart 179, for North Korea is set for 12:00 noon on 10 September 1948, for the capital, Pyongyang''. pages 179-180 'The Book of World Horoscopes''.
The recent solar eclipse was on the chart Saturn in detriment at 28'54 Leo.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks nipoleon and mark,

mark, i happened to read that yesterday, along with all those other quotes i shared.. i have 3 or more charts for north korea - the noon chart for sept 10th 1945 that campion shares, a couple of rectifications that are almost identical from neville lang and isaac starkman - sept 9th 1945 - the rising degree in nipoleons chart for the test today is the same as the midheaven degree in both the rectification charts, and one for aug 10th 1945, when the dvision of korea was being made - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea

as is typical in these situations, which chart to use rears it's ugly head..

nipoleon,

thanks for chiming in and sharing the event chart for today.. and thanks for passing comment on it as well.. the concept of void of course that you are working with is different then how i would view it, but it is good to read your thoughts on this.. for me - moon is applying to an opposition to venus, so i wouldn't call it void of course.. as for mercury - it is retrograde - so technically applying to mars here in this chart... using horary rules for getting more insight into mundane astro is not something i am in sync with, but i appreciate you sharing all this here. thanks..

Looking at the various nuclear incidents during the 20th century, the 8th, 9th and 10th degrees of the fire signs - particularly 10? Aries - seem to resonate with issues concerning nuclear power.
Verum e

James_M wrote:
mark, i happened to read that yesterday, along with all those other quotes i shared.. i have 3 or more charts for north korea - the noon chart for sept 10th 1945 that campion shares, a couple of rectifications that are almost identical from neville lang and isaac starkman - sept 9th 1945 - the rising degree in nipoleons chart for the test today is the same as the midheaven degree in both the rectification charts, and one for aug 10th 1945, when the dvision of korea was being made - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea

as is typical in these situations, which chart to use rears it's ugly head..
I am pretty sure this has been discussed before here but it was useful to take a fresh look.

Campion only discusses a chart for 10th September 1948, James is that what you meant?

As for a date for the division of Korea into US and Soviet controlled zones I also get a different date: From Wikipedia
The division placed sixteen million Koreans in the American zone and nine million in the Soviet zone. To the surprise of the Americans, the Soviet Union immediately accepted the division. The agreement was incorporated into General Order No. 1 (approved on 17 August 1945) for the surrender of Japan.
In terms of Soviet military occupation of the north we have these options from Wikipedia:
Soviet forces began amphibious landings in Korea by August 14 and rapidly took over the north-east of the country, and on August 16 they landed at Wonsan. On August 24, the Red Army reached Pyongyang.
But in terms of taking legal effect the division of Korea into US and Soviet administered zoes we have another date. Again from Wikipedia:
The unconditional surrender of Japan, combined with fundamental shifts in global politics and ideology, led to the division of Korea into two occupation zones effectively starting on September 8, 1945, with the United States administering the southern half of the peninsula and the Soviet Union taking over the area north of the 38th parallel.
Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Mark wrote: Campion only discusses a chart for 10th September 1948, James is that what you meant?
Mark
hi mark,
yes - this is what i meant.. i got the date of aug 10th 1945 from wikipedia, but again - there are plenty of dates around that date to choose from too, and perhaps aug 10th isn't the best one..

i still maintain working with a plethora of charts is difficult and motivates me to stick with ingress charts!

I think you missed the main point. And you don't seem to have read others' input on this.

Firstly, there is a thread about North Korea already, and secondly, the main point, r.Mercury nearly exactly was reactivating the 21st August 2017 Eclipse Point, and Mars very close too, at the time of this detonation.

Although they are hard to model Eclipses play a big part in Astrology. Some Ancients, Older than Me !!, built their whole analysis around Eclipses.

I hear that the Explosion was 4x that of one of the WWII Japanese bombs.

If the Eclipse is a big part of this Astrological "thread" then I think we have to be worried as an Eclipse is truly a ticking bomb ready to go off each time a planet transits the Eclipse Point.

And that can last for between 2 and 5 years easily.

And then nearly all this week Mercury is stationed direct very close to the Eclipse Point and trined to Uranus. What does that mean ?

It does point to radical thinking. Big time. Regulus is in there too.

We need to dig out the Soros Cycle too.

And we've got the Full Moon just to tip the scales.

H

PS Its v It's ?
Last edited by WooWoo on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocko wrote:
I think you missed the main point. And you don't seem to have read others' input on this.
I dont know who you are addressing here Rocko but that is not a polite way to get your point across. Lets try and keep things courteous.

Rocko wrote:
Firstly, there is a thread about North Korea already,
If you mean the thread you started that began as a horary! True I see others chipped in with suggestions for a chart for Korea. But its all posited on a particular question from you based on a US attack. This thread is more open in focus and therefore I think a better place to hold a general discussion. I decided to go back to first principles and look at a chart for North Korea. But there is lots of scope to take this thread in any direction you like.
and secondly, the main point, r.Mercury nearly exactly was reactivating the 21st August 2017 Eclipse Point, and Mars very close too, at the time of this detonation.
Fair comment. If you were discussing me above? I already made clear I didn't have the leisure time to study this some other seem to have. As I said I was interested in looking at a foundational chart but I understand your focus on the eclipse activation.

Charles Carter commented many years ago that Mars or Sun were often an activator as they crossed an eclipse degree.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To James
Purely from my own studies, I have found that when a planet has just entered a sign and still has not made an aspect it acts as though it doesn't know what to do. It's not Void of Course but rather undecided. I think you will find the best charts are after the first and before the last aspect of the Moon and the significators.
The Moon in this chart isn't Void of Course it just hasn't committed to a course of action and therefore I wouldn't make a definite judgment on it yet.

nipoleon,

thanks.. i really appreciated the comment you made and appreciate the additional comments in response to me here..

fwiw - regarding the chart you posted, i get a slightly different chart using the 1229pm local time - 26 scorpio 16 rising ( slightly closer to the solar eclipse degree by square), and 8 virgo 51 midheaven ( where mercury is in the se chart set to north korea).. that will alter the perception using ascendant descendant axis as north korea, verses other...

rocko,

typically when i read your comments, they come across in a fairly opaque way.. i agree with you the eclipse chart and point 28 leo, is relevant.. trumps chart relocated to north koreas capital with mars on the descendant, and a whack of other astrological indicators might be of relevance too... i don't know that every solar eclipse has to manifest in something horrible.. i don't subscribe to that astro theory myself.. if anything the place of the eclipse is really quite important and as i understand it, it was over the usa, not north korea, where the actual eclipse took place... the impact of harvey on texas is significant enough.. no one has been looking at that astro that i have seen..