trying to delete some old messages i get this.. bottom line - won't let me delete these old messages...

Could not update user pm counters

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`debhould_sql1`.`deb_users`.`user_unread_privmsg` - 1)'

UPDATE deb_users SET user_unread_privmsg = user_unread_privmsg - 1 WHERE user_id IN (4851)

Line : 838
File : privmsg.php

paul,

i feel like someone needs to be talking to the webmaster of skyscript... or, relaying the messages.....

thanks

james
James (and all) I would have thought it was evident to a regular like you that Deborah Houlding is no longer an active presence on this site. In practical terms if it wasn't for Paul taking on the not inconsiderable role of being site admin Skyscript would have probably closed down by now.

So rather than focusing on the undeniable negative of these lost posts lets looks at the positive...we still have a website containing a miasma of invaluable articles and discussion threads going back about 14 years. And we have in Paul someone willing to keep the great site set up by Deborah Houlding an ongoing reality.

I for one am extremely grateful to Paul for doing this utterly thankless ask without any renumeration or other reward except his love of astrology.

I think Skyscript members need get a sense of perspective here and lighten up. Looking at this in the bigger perspective this issue is a blip.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

mark,

before you jump on my back and give me the lecture, can i say i was unaware paul was also the webmaster? or, i guess i am supposed to magically know this somehow...

thanks again paul for all your work here and indeed i am grateful for being able to read and participate in a community that i respect and admire..

thanks
james

james_m wrote:paul,

i feel like someone needs to be talking to the webmaster of skyscript... or, relaying the messages.....

thanks
james
I've spoken to the people who are in charge of the server maintenance and as I said in my previous post the problem is to do with database migration that obviously was rolled out with some mistake that meant we lost some threads.

Whilst this isn't ideal and we cannot get those back, the issue should be now fixed and I think that we just have to all accept this as part of the plethora of generally irritating things that happen to us during Mercury retrograde cycles.

I don't think Mark expected you to know this and I read his post more in the light of now informing people on the practical reality of where we are.

Skyscript is a no-profit site and all of the people involved in it, myself and Mark included, do what we can to keep it going smoothly out of our love for the astrologoical community - sometimes our hands are just tied on what we can do practically though.

That said, I don't think any of us should feel down or bad or low about this - personally I'm putting it in the same category as an issue I had with my iphone today where it just went completely non-responsive and then I lost, somehow, some voicemails etc.

We're all astrologers, we know this kind of stuff can happen during Mercury retro - I feel bad for all the people who don't know why the hell stuff like this goes on!

I recommend we just carry on as usual now :)
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

James_M wrote:
before you jump on my back and give me the lecture, can i say i was unaware paul was also the webmaster? or, i guess i am supposed to magically know this somehow...
I wasn't seeking to give you a lecture as you put it James. Just trying to steer the rather negative and critical mood in a more positive direction. My comments were not only or indeed primarily aimed at you. But I calculated -mistakenly-you would be less hyper sensitive than some other members who are newer here.

As for claiming to have no knowledge about what was happening on Skyscript I find that rather hard to accept. You have been a member here for several years and have commented more than once about the fact Deborah Houlding is not an active poster. More than that though I have shared information with you personally on the reasons for this. And very recently I gave you information by PM about developments on Skyscript. So no magic was required to know what was going on here.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Paul wrote:
That said, I don't think any of us should feel down or bad or low about this - personally I'm putting it in the same category as an issue I had with my iphone today where it just went completely non-responsive and then I lost, somehow, some voicemails etc

Yeah. I recently lost my Solar Fire download with hundreds of files I had saved there. So next to that this Skyscript episode is small fry!

Mark

Hey Mark:

I was also unaware that Paul was now running the website. I also thought that it was Deborah. But, I would like to say thanks to Paul for taking on the task, so to speak. This excellent website has many veteran astrologers contributing to the greater good of astrology and I would like thank Paul, again, for keeping this site in orbit.

Regarding the losing of data, I had a chinese worm virus attack my personal computer, two years ago, which led to seven years of emails being permanently lost.

However, the next time that I contracted the same virus, I was able to successfully remove the virus, myself, with the help of some very sharp Symantec technicians from the Indian call center.

I also made backup copies, this time, of all emails, so that was a victory of sorts against "evil."

S.
Last edited by sabumnim on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

sabumnim wrote:Hey Mark:

I was also unaware that Paul was now running the website. I also thought that it was Deborah. But, I would like to say thanks to Paul for taking on the task, so to speak. This excellent website has many veteran astrologers contributing to the greater good of astrology and I would like thank Paul, again, for keeping this site in orbit.

S.
I did not know about it, either, and echo sabumnim's thanks to Paul - as well as to Mark and all who generously keep the forum running smoothly. I knew that Deb was not an active presence anymore, but did not realize that she was no longer webmaster.
Last edited by Astraea on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.