Missing Items - Help!

Hey,

It's been a while since I needed a chart like this so I'm rusty. It's a lost item, a small memory chip for a camera. I was working with camera yesterday somehow the memory chip got misplaced. I did the chart for April 19, 6:48 PM, EDT in Falls Church, VA. I get an asc of 18 Lib, and the 2nd house ruler is a very debilitated Mars. But Mars is virtually on the ASC and I think that means that it's nearby. It's also making an anticia contact with Venus, my significator. I've seen anticia to mean a hidden contact or an event that happens behind the scenes. Mars is going to make a square by retrograde motion with Jupiter, the ruler of the 3rd house. The moon is void of course and about the change signs to the sign of her fall.

Maybe it's just the inevitable problem with interpreting your own chart but I'm stuck here. Are there signs of recovery? Maybe by its placement near the ASC but wow, I don't know. What can that contact by anticia mean between my significator and the 2nd house ruler? It's such a close contact too, way less than a minute.

Help!

(edited to add image - Paul)
Mark F

Hi Mark:

The last aspect Moon made was a trine to Mercury, a natural ruler for such an item you lost. It sits on 7th house cusp so will be descriptive of where you might look (with your spouse or in area of house most often used by partner.) For misplaced items you would look to the sign on the 4th to show where it is. Saturn rules 4th describing a dark or unpleasant place. Saturn in Scorpio and second house indicates sinks, kitchens or where there is water or dampness. Second house could also show the room next to the entrance.

Fast Moon's next aspect is a trine to Sun, may be found in 1 day. Second house ruler on asc. cusp also so good probability it will be found.

Hope this give you some fresh ideas where to look.

kali

I have a new time that you might find your lost memory chip. If you move the chart forward to April 21 around 7:00 pm, the Moon sits on the 4th house angle and Mercury sits on the 7th angle and square each other. An astrologer taught this method shows when an event will happen and I have found it has worked.

Good luck :'

kali

Thanks for the help.

Not sure this matters but there were two memory chips.

If We Use Mercury as the Significator:
I hadn't noticed that the moon basically is translating light from Mercury to the Sun. I don't know what it means though, lol. Maybe the chips "comes to light" when the Moon is trine the Sun. I don't know. But it's all so sudden as both the Moon and Sun are about to change signs. It's like something happening in the nick of time. John Frawley talks about timing an event based on the number of degrees till perfection. In this case it's three degrees so it's three hours, three days, three weeks, etc. Frawley's always pretty practical so I'd look to three days.

If We Use the 2nd House Ruler as Significator:
Mars is leaving the ASC. Because Mars is retrograde, he's leaving the ASC, i.e., the memory chips are leaving me but it is applying by square to Jupiter, 3rd house ruler so maybe they turn up through some 3rd house intermediary. This is a dexter square too.

I still am drawn to that antiscia between Mars and Venus, which is my significator. I suspect that I may have put the memory chips in the wrong place by mistake. It was late at night, I probably was feeling both a bit tired and well, festive. Antiscia's are said to show hidden or behind the scenes things. Maybe I hid the chips in the wrong spot by mistake. Maybe that's what it's saying. Knowing me, I suspect that could be the case.

3rd House? Roommate? Neighbor? My brother and sister are not local so they are out of it.
Mark F

An interesting aspect that supports your idea that "I probably was feeling both a bit tired and well, festive." The midpoint between the Moon and Mars sits on Saturn which is associated with forgetfulness. Mercury separates from Saturn (inconj. also refers to the 'hidden' concept) and with Saturn retro may show something (illness, adult beverages, etc.) distracting the person.

Know a hypnotist? :)

kali

So which one do you think is the significator, Mars or Mercury?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone find a darn thing with horary. Maybe the great Willaim B. Lilly did, but I can't.

It's a murky chart and a murky situation. The antiscia is so close; you don't usually see them so tight. That's all that hidden contact, hidden actions - like I am the one who hid them or lost them.

I've been reading one of the old Arab astrologers and he's got a different take on antiscia but I'll get back to that when I've got more time to write.
Mark F

Both are significators just as 7th house ruler tells you about romantic interest you also look at natural rulers for men Sun and Mars and natural rulers for women Venus and Moon. Mercury (a natural ruler) was the last planet the Moon aspected and the house position will help people recall what they did with the object. That doesn't seem to have worked here (it is not with your spouse or in their area). Maybe Mercury is showing the area opposite your entrance door. With all that fire might be the kitchen?

The rule in horary is when an object is mislaid the 2nd house ruler does not help with location instead you look to the 4th house cusp and it's ruler. Saturn in the 2nd is made doubly important with the Moon/Mars midpoint conjunction.

Mars on the asc. could show the object being close to you, ruled by Venus and Venus shows clothing/fabric and 2nd house could represent a wardrobe closet. Is it possible it's in a pocket in your closet? Mars being next to the asc. might show a coat closet by your front door? Saturn showing a dark place could it be in the lining of a garment?

Mars close to cusp could show item being by a doorway or area leaving one room to another.

With the Moon making an aspect to Sun ruler of 11th I might look for a friend to help in the search. :)

kali

Mars will be making a conj to Venus' antiscia and with mutual reception this might be giving your chart the aspect needed for a positive outcome. When your chart doesn't show the Moon bringing the lost item back, the antiscia in a critical spot just might do the trick.

kali

I would assign Mercury to the pair of lost chips. Mercury in 7H (partner) is combust by L10 (a friend?), so at the moment it cannot be seen. I wonder if it the item was prior lent to another person, especially friend. Good news is that the sun soon changes sign, which I think according to some authors ends mercury?s combustion, still neither the Moon nor mercury form an aspect to ASC (18lib22) or L1 (venus 15Pis18)

Good luck!

Hi Mark

I've added the chart to your post.

I initially didn't answer this as I thought you might have found it very quickly after posting the chart, but as that doesn't seem to have happened I thought I'd offer my thoughts.

I would think that the chip is very close to you, either on your person (ie, in your clothes, in the bag you had with you) or in your car etc.
I think with the antiscia and the fact that Lord 2 is sitting right on the ascendant from the 12th it is almost as if it is right where it's meant to be but you just can't see it, or it's right under your nose but you just aren't registering it.

Paul wrote: Lord 2 is sitting right on the ascendant from the 12th it is almost as if it is right where it's meant to be but you just can't see it, or it's right under your nose but you just aren't registering it.
My main impression is, more or less, the same especially since Mercury, the natural ruler of the object (memory chips but also tiny objects) is right across the Asc and burnt by the sun-rays; right in front of nose and yet, invisible.

The Moon is sitting next to a sign boundary potentially suggesting that the object is next to something or pressed by something. The Moon is also very descriptive of the lost object - inside the 3rd (communication, informations) and in Sagittarius (large quanities of information, places where informations and knowledge are stored).

THe Moon applying to the Sun in an angle by trine is surely a good promise (the object will come to the light) however, considering the place of the Moon in a cadent house and close to a sign boundary, it will probably be when the Querent has already given up. :)

A retrograde L2 sitting on the Ascendant is yet an additional testimony of the object going back to his owner.

In addition, seeing the Moon separating from Mercury makes me think that the position of Mercury might be descriptive of the place where the object is hiding. Whilst L2 is clearly suggesting that the object is near the owner, Mercury could be saying more about the exact location. It should be an obvious location, easy to spot and approachable however, the object is not easy to spot. With a fiery sign and proximity of the Sun, I would even suggest the basic symbolism- heating objects or, even better- lamps.
The DC and the end of the sign are both suggesting that the thing (and the location) are "right across"- from the Querent's usual position, across the door etc.
Cardinal sign could be indicative of an elevated place.

One final thought from 'The Horary Practioner' then I've got to get this chart out of my head. :)

Saturn is a natural ruler of workrooms, dark places like closets or drawers. Scorpio could show northeast walls, hidden doors, secret drawers. The Part of Find is Libra 29' 58 degrees showing you will be the one to find the lost object. With Saturn involved there would be a delay in finding your chips.

kali