Horary = Testing?

Greetings! I am new to this forum. I had been reflecting on the ethics of horary of late. I had this specific query. Many a times people ask relational horary seeking to know if quesited loves them or if they are having someone else in their heart. Would you say by doing so they are testing the quesited's love? They do imply a lack of trust, dont they? But would you go so far as to deduce that the querent in employing divination to test the quesited? Would like to know what people in general feel about this.
Moderators , I am not too sure if this question is okay for this forum. I generally get to read technical queries here. So please feel free to move the thread or delete , if not.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Horary astrology requires that one has an emotional stake in the question asked. The more important the stake, the better your final answer revealed in the chart for the time of the question asked. This does not mean a positive final answer, either, just a more clear one.

This is a time honoured aphorism of horary work that applies to all stylists, all practicioners of the artform, whether traditional or modern.

Whimsical questions, in my experience, yield a false or misleading answer, since, if there is no emotional stake, then "garbage in, garbage out."

Therefore, to answer your question, mens rea, or mental intent, is an important factor to consider in horary work.

cheers,

S.

Thanks so much for responding :-) I find this forum so much better than other popular ones online. I have learnt much just by browsing the old topics here.

Now i reread my post and realize I have been very poor in choosing my words. I did not mean "testing" in the sense it is generally used in context of horary. Not in sense of "testing" the validity of horary astrology or the astrologer. Not in sense of that popular consideration before judgement. Not in sense of a whimsical question. But testing as in an indication of lack of trust in relationship. Normally it is well accepted that for a healthy relationship one must learn to trust one's partner (or any other relation). So from the point of view of the strength of one's relationship, is it right to use divination such as horary? I mean does it not indicate a lack of trust in the quesited? so in a way by asking a question like that does one not unknowingly "harm" the foundations of their relationship?

Awfully sorry to have not been able to explain properly in the earlier post.

Just my musings. I have been thinking of this lately. hope you and others share their thoughts on this.

Hello, again:

Thanks for your response. Now that I have a better understanding of your
question, I see no harm in you asking the universe about the validity of a certain relationship.

In fact, that is a typical question that most people tend to ask.

If, having cast the horary chart for a certain question in time, you find that the chart is "radical" and free from stricture, and therefore, interpretable, that is a validation of sorts, especially if the horary chart yields a positive answer.

Keep in mind that some "big name" horaryists, like John Frawley, claim that all horary charts are readable and that all questions are valid.

I would say this: that as long as the astrologer does not have a hidden agenda with respect to the question asked, all should be fine. If you allow all horary charts to be read, in order to make more money, or to make more sports bets, then that is your choice, but also, a questionable one.

But, I guess, if you have no integrity at all, and making money is not an issue, then why not go consult for the mafia or organized crime and help them with their business ? Help them plan the perfect murder, why dont you ! The reason that we don't do that is because integrity and ethics are more important in business than making money, alone. Plus, you must follow the laws of the land.

I have a friend and advisor named Diana Stone of Vancouver, Washington, USA. Diana is actually one of the all-time greats of modern horary astrology. She reasons that the astrologer always decides whether a horary chart is "readable" and therefore, decides whether the question asked is valid or not.

As a long time humanistic astrologer, I would tend to agree with that comment. I personally believe that people are generally more important than planets. However, we, as astrologers, also have choices, including working with criminals, (or not) and those using astrology for their own personal agenda, etc.(or not).

cheers,

S.