long distance trip 3rd house?

hi guys

my friend has been begging me to come to Belo Horizonte in November affter my birthday when he lives for ages.

since everything is at slow crawling speed, i am thinkng of going.
so i asked will i go to Belo Horizonte?

october 14
10:14 am
la, ca
1 sag rising
moon 20 aries

http://www.geocities.com/tikana4/bella.gif

here is what i am seeing

at first glance it looks like a NO
moon opposes peregrined Sun

but

Jupiter trines Saturn and there is TOL from Mars.

mars is a ruler of 5th and 12th *outcome of the trip*

jupiter and saturn are in mixed mutual reception

obviously we are talking fun cause moon is in 5th house.

also if i user modern rulers jupiter sextiles uranus

i am not getting a YES as on 9th house but i am getting a yes on something else. related to 3rd house
my only logical explanation why would long distance trip be in 3rd house .. Lilly or Ivy says that if the person stays in that location for a short time it could be 3rd

any thoughts?
thanks
CD

There are three houses for journeys. The 3rd is for short, the 6th for medium, and the 9th for long. I always read it as number of days, but there may be some back and forth there. 3rd is usually local travel or a day's travel.

Belo Horizonte in Brazil ??? (that's the only one I know of :D ) - if the place where you live is the place where the chart is casted than Belo Horzonte is very, very far away from you! It's hours of traveling and it's on another continent.Reason number one to put it in the 9th. Second of all- no matter how short you intend to stay, I'm guessing you won't be back home for the supper the same day you leave for Brazil so, in my opinion, it's a reason nr.2 to put the Quesited in the 9th.

Now, I do think we should be able to see the significator of his friend and L1 applying to make sure they'd meet but, than again, it is the journey the question is about and, if we give the 9th house ruler (the Sun) to the Quesited, we get the connection with the friend because the Sun is sitting in the 11th house (of friends). There's no aspect between L1 and L9 but the Moon, co-significator of the question, is translating the light from the 5th (a pleasure journey? -you bet, it is Brazil we're talking about here! :' ). AY, THERE'S THE RUB! :-sk The applying aspect between The Moon and the Sun is an opposition which should signify a bad (negative) outcome of the question. What I don't know is if it applies to situations where the Sun is one of the main significators. (If a planet is not considered to be combust in a conjuction with the Sun when Sun is one of the significators, though, some would disagree with that- does that "rule" apply here as well? ) One of the charts posted yesterday here on the forum is "suffering from the same condition", i brought this question up there as well, unfortunately - no one has answered so far. So, we've either got a TOL here or a "NO" answer. Hopefully, someone will clear up the confusion with this Sun/Moon opposition .

AG

Belo Horizonte in Brazil ??? (that's the only one I know of ) -

*** i guess you are smarter than me.. lol i never even heard of this place until few days ago!***

if the place where you live is the place where the chart is casted than Belo Horzonte is very, very far away from you! It's hours of traveling and it's on another continent.

** it is far different continent indeed**

Reason number one to put it in the 9th. Second of all- no matter how short you intend to stay, I'm guessing you won't be back home for the supper the same day you leave for Brazil so, in my opinion, it's a reason nr.2 to put the Quesited in the 9th.

*** Deluce said if you stay in a long distance place less than 3 days regardless where you are at .. it is 3rd house.. that is what got me thinking***

Now, I do think we should be able to see the significator of his friend and L1 applying to make sure they'd meet but, than again, it is the journey the question is about and, if we give the 9th house ruler (the Sun) to the Quesited, we get the connection with the friend because the Sun is sitting in the 11th house (of friends). There's no aspect between L1 and L9 but the Moon, co-significator of the question, is translating the light from the 5th (a pleasure journey? -you bet, it is Brazil we're talking about here! ).

*** that is what i said.. 5th house fun! ***

AY, THERE'S THE RUB! The applying aspect between The Moon and the Sun is an opposition which should signify a bad (negative) outcome of the question. What I don't know is if it applies to situations where the Sun is one of the main significators. (If a planet is not considered to be combust in a conjuction with the Sun when Sun is one of the significators, though, some would disagree with that- does that "rule" apply here as well? ) One of the charts posted yesterday here on the forum is "suffering from the same condition", i brought this question up there as well, unfortunately - no one has answered so far. So, we've either got a TOL here or a "NO" answer. Hopefully, someone will clear up the confusion with this Sun/Moon opposition .

*** i was looking at saturn/jupiter aspect through Mars ... hmmmmm I would have said No as well .. moon/sun opposition..

Here is the catch

Bonatus advised that if the ruler of the most recent Full Moon before the question fell in any of the angles the thing enquired after... it denotes that the matter will be accomplished." i assume Bonatus ment that if the planet ruling the sign of the mose full moon lies in the house of the questied of derived 4th, 7th or 10th house of the quested the thing wil lbe accomplished

page 108 Anthony Louis'horary astrology plain and simple...

the problem with this is .. this is incoming full moon not outgoing.

i have a feeling it is a NO...

grrr

Yuzuru.. under normal circomstances I would have said the same thing and phrased a question "will i meet x in belo horizonte?" but we are trying to figure out where should i fly to.. tickets are outragiously expensive now days..

thanks all!
CD

Hopefully, someone will clear up the confusion with this Sun/Moon opposition .
Hi, let me try ;-) Oppositions are truly separative (IF applicative, that is;-) but can bring a positive result if planets are in fortunate houses, if they receive each other of if they are otherwise strong, by essential dignity etc. Now, here we have 5/11th axis which is the most fortunate of all, and the Sun (travel + her friend because placed in 11th) receives the Moon (querent's coruler) in its exaltation sign. That could do it. What speaks against it? Sun and Jupiter not in aspect and not receiving each other. That's bad. Besides, planetary hour ruler Mercury is inharmonious thereby incling towards NO. But Mercury will soon (the very next day) turn direct and asc. is applying towards it with a sextile. That's promising. Another positive indication is that Jupiter is in the 2nd (no money? come on :-) applying by trine towards its dispozitor Saturn which is at the same time the Sun's dispozitor by exaltation. That's very good - not a direct link but helpful. All in all, I think that this is a very difficult case indeed but am inclined to believe that CD will try hard and eventually succeed, but will travel towards the end of November because of 1?35?separation from Moon to the Sun. Fingers crossed ;-)
Ema
http://www.emakurent.com
http://www.astroakademija.si
http://www.astrojoy.com

cosmicdolphn1 wrote:update on this is.. I never went

too many problems came up.
jupiter and saturn are in mixed mutual reception
and they are at present as well !!
and recently perfected the sextile.

So here is what happened.. there was a reason why i was asking Lord 3rd..

I met the guy here in LA .. I didnt even expect to run into him .. So i didnt even have to go anywhere.

Beautiful chart. it pointed to how things played out

cheers
CD