Does he have a girlfriend or wife?

I suspect someone who interested in me of being insincere about his arrangement.

I drew a chart asking if he has someone. Once I saw Venus tightly conjunct the Descendant I knew it had to be a yes - it was also a Mercury hour. However, I then saw Saturn retrograde in the 1st house. Horary sources say finding Saturn in the 1st will damage the question and further retrograde will destroy the question altogether. As we know, Saturn in the 1st in itself is a stricture against judgement.

I'm torn on this horary because my gut is telling me something is not right with him and this Venus so closely conjoined to the Descendant is just screaming confirmation. However, there is no certain way to find out.

I suppose the Venus may be me, in fact I have Venus in the 1st natally, but I don't know if I've ever seen a horary in which Venus in the 7th, where Venus is NOT one of the primary significators, is not a 3rd party of some sort. The picture becomes all the more disheartening when you realize Venus rules his turned 5th, HOWEVER it is also my dispositor, but then again it's possible I'm in his 5th because I am asking the question or because he sees me that way.

Your thoughts are all kindly appreciated. Thank you.

This is a nice chart demonstrating the importance of the question determining the technique. I don't think Venus is the querent's co-significator. This is not a "standard" relationship question. The core question is: "is there a woman in his life?" The chart gives a simple and literal answer.

Venus, the natual ruler of women, girlfriends and wives is in his house. Venus and Mercury are in a close sextile.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

The moon is also void of course and in fall. Mercury has minor term dignity here in Leo, and in romance horaries I often see Leo in those who can be unfaithful or fallandering (although more so if Mars in Leo). Fire signs tend to be lustful and Leo can be selfish. Is he younger than you? Mercury is also a changeful inferior planet most impacted by those it aspects, taking on their nature. Since Mercury last aspects Venus, it holds the nature of Venus in Gemini. Venus is another inferior and can indicate more playful or flirtatious qualities in contrast to your very serious significators. I usually see Venus in Gemini as qualities that show someone turned on by new experiences, lively conversation and not feeling tied down. They enjoy debates and find women who are social and good at conversation attractive (they are more attracted to the mind than the body perhaps). If they are married they may be in an open relationship or would like one. It is more likely they are not married and are not looking for a committed relationship. They might just be looking for women to have new experiences and enjoy social outings, sex and talking about experiences and ideas. It seems like an indication of a shallow sort of person, or shallow intentions, in contrast to your deeper indications. Mercury is translating the light of Venus to Jupiter and Venus also aspects Jupiter, so I see this as what he is offering in the situation. I am also guessing he is tall, thin and is smart, charming and attractive.

It may also be that he is not the bad guy but the querent is misinterpreting his intentions as something more serious than it really is. Mercury is sometimes called a trickster, but is not always purposefully a trickster but can be when misinterpreted. Maybe this is not the guy's fault. He is not malevolent here but he isn't great either. He has a lesser essential dignity and is in the 8th, so he seems a tad disinterested in general, although he does apply to sextile Jupiter in a weak sextile with triplicity reception (Venus also applies to Jupiter, Jupiter collects the light of both Mercury and Venus). A sextile requires reception to amount to much but from the 8th I don't see this being a strong aspect of a strong or good intent. This could be an indication of friendship, amusement and such. To assume Venus is only an indication of other women in his life seems odd since the planet is trining Jupiter and receiving it. Jupiter is quite afflicted here from the 8th though (separating squares from Sun and Mars which Jupiter receives by the sign of its exaultation - a recent bad experience) and is also square Pluto, showing maybe a lot of anguish in this situation, or the subject matter in general, and power plays for whatever reason. Again, it seems the querent takes the matter more seriously and maybe feels like they need to "win" the situation somehow. It could be that they dwell and obsess on this matter. You might notice the natal charts of people with hard Jupiter-Pluto are good at being successful and powerful and horary can have similar meanings. Jupiter-Pluto and 8th house influences generally suggests some obsessive tendencies also.

Saturn retrograde in the first and Cap moon might describe your approach or feelings about love too. You are also Jupiter, a superior who does not make the first move but makes others come to them. Perhaps you are very cautious or wise and maybe you have a perception that you are too old due to the Saturn influences. It would be understandable to be attracted to Mr Leo in that case because maybe he makes you feel excited and passionate in ways you have forgotten. I take Saturn (square Neptune too!) influences here as perhaps a warning to not be so cynical or self defeatest in love. I see this as preconceived ideas formed about the guy also that are misinformed and overly negative. Again, he does not appear that bad here. Capricorn Moon in just about any chart can show someone is perhaps overly cautious and negative. I have even seen it in horaries about whether or not to make purchases and the querent did not go through with the purchase although it ended up being something they might have eventually regretted because they would have made a profit, although a modest one. I am not saying to pursue this man at all, but just to maybe be a little more optimistic about the subject matter. You would likely be better suited to someone who has similar mature characteristics, not necessarily age but in personality, rather than someone like Mr. Leo. You might need someone who takes love as seriously as you do. Although, with Sag rising and Jupiter square Sun here perhaps there is a part of you deep down that knows your negative experiences are not permanent.

This chart offers a lot of symbolism that should be looked at carefully and maybe compare to the natal to understand the overall message, such as whether the querent is attracted to the unattainable/uncommitted types due Saturnine issues of not feeling loved and therefore wanting to win the love of the most unloving, or maybe an assumption that no one can commit to them in love due to negative experiences in the past. There could be psychological issues at work here with all of this 8th house and Saturn stuff. My best friend has Saturn in the 7th square Neptune in her natal and some of the symbolism here reminds me of how she beats herself up in her marriage and never feels like she is good enough. It doesn't help that every man she has ever loved has given her a negative image of her body, though.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... highlight=

Here is the Cap moon chart I am referencing where I told the querent I thought the investment seemed modest but maybe not as horrible as it appeared (I thought the Cap moon was more so their approach). I have a photographic memory that helps with remembering charts. :D

Just to update everyone - I found out some very unflattering news today I'd rather not share, but my interest in him is gone as a result and I will stop speaking with him. It also doesn't sound like he's very serious and is giving me mixed signals.
Last edited by StellarTiggy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, I just realized - am I collecting light in this horary?? Yes, Mercury and Venus are sextiled but both planets are in friendly aspect to me and I receive Venus and they are both applying. I initially thought Mercury (the guy) is translating light from Venus to me but they are pretty close together and both applying to me, and because I am big ol' Jupiter I am collecting.

Anyone see this or is it just me?

Collection of light includes either applying or separating aspects to a weighted planet, so yes. I see now that you did not read my post because I already said that.

Mercury is still in aspect with Venus although separating. They are both applying to Jupiter but Mercury translates the light of Venus to Jupiter. In a way Mercury could be said to be prohibiting the aspect of Venus to Jupiter, though, since it would have aspected it anyway. It is hard to say what this means without knowing more about the situation and you are the astrologer so that is up to you.

I am wondering why you are obsessing so much about this when you have said you are no longer interested. You have also offered zero feedback from those who have taken the time to respond. Although this is not a reading, it is a reminder as to why I stopped giving readings to people (plus, they don't listen anyway).
:???:

I am not sure why I came back to this site and I think I will go. Thanks for the reminder.

hi tanit,

i hope you don't go based on the lack of acknowledgement from st... there are many posters on skyscript and st is only one of them.. i have had the very same impression and don't bother responding anymore! but i thought i would reach out here to you.. regards..

Thanks, James. Someone sent me a welcome back message so I feel a little less angry. Uranus is on my Mars in Aries and Mars in Cancer is on my ASC and square my Mars so I am not the most patient person at the moment, I guess.

Hey Tanit,

What kind of feedback were you looking for here?

As far as I can see I have been exceptional with providing feedback. I told everyone exactly what happened and have nothing else to say. I am trying to properly read the horary, which is what this thread is for.

Also.. I did read your post but must have missed that part. Your reply was rather lengthy.. No need to throw arms over it.

I am also starting to think the guy and any potential other women are Sun and Mars in the 8th. Could be wrong...