Ascot 2017

Any Predictions?

King's Stand Stakes

15:40 - Uranus sits on an angle - big upset?

St James's Palace Stakes

16:20 - Moon (?) sextile or Mars (?) trine?

The Moon rules the 9th house - Churchill, or Mars Barney Roy means red.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

15:40

Either Profitable or Priceless IMHO.

Because of the trine to the ant of Mercury @ 1.46

Interesting day's racing - lots of steady pace with front runners generally prevailing (Taurus Moon sextile Mars in Cancer).
Verum e

14:30 Lightning Spear
15:05 Murillo
15:40 Alpha Delphini
16:20 Rivet
17:00 Thomas Hobson
17:35 Marchingontogether

Using the colours associated by Thai astrology and based on Hindu mythology with the Chaldean face and Egyptian term of the Arabic Part of Horsemanship.

Cutting it fine, just got back in front of a computer after several days.

Our selections will be:
Northern - first pick Ascending degree
Lovely - second pick Ascending degree
My better half is picking by JAM, or as I call it 'the horse poets society method' - third in the list

14.30 Ribchester/Mutakeyyef/Lightning Spear

15.05 Brother Bear/Nebo/Prince of the Dark

1540 Marsha/Cotai Glory/Marsha

1620 Churchill/Barney Roy/Thunder Snow

1700 Thomas Hobson/Yorkidding/Oceane

1735 Corinthia Knight/Nootka Sound/Declaration of Peace

Not brilliant today but a 1 unit stake for a win on the choices in option 1 would have returned a small profit. Yet to find out if this was a bad day or my best day!

Not if one takes into account the fact that Vesta is on the MC - that would probably indicate Jack Hobbs.

Of course, with regard to the trine to Mars, if we think of 'Jack' as in 'Jack of all trades', then that aspect to Mars will do, being lord of the 6th, as he is.

Derived from Jackin (earlier Jankin), a medieval diminutive of JOHN. It is often regarded as an independent name. During the Middle Ages it was very common, and it became a slang word meaning "man". It was frequently used in fairy tales and nursery rhymes, such as 'Jack and the Beanstalk', 'Little Jack Horner', and 'Jack Sprat'.

I like Decorated Knight, but i don't think he's as good a horse as Jack Hobbs.
Verum e