John: your method reminds me of a suggestion by the late Roger Elliot.

When a prominent public figure did not have a known birth time but had a well documented life, Roger suggested noting the dates/times of major events in their life and noting the positions in the transit chart for that time, particularly the Moon and angles.

These sensitive points could be used in their own right (as you are suggesting for jockeys or trainers) or they could be used to help rectify a birth chart.

Your method just reminded me. Probably worth some work.

I have mainly used the JAM system. The problem with the Telegraph competition has been that I had to predict every race. I only bet on one or two races a day. Why?
I've thought for a while now that the more often one uses JAM, the less likely it seems to work, as we've discussed on previous threads. On the other hand, i think the evidence to there to back up the theory that it does increase your chance of winning over a period of time. It's going to be interesting to put our league's win results into % terms - between us we'll have had 240 sections in 5 days. It's been a little intense!

What i find curious about this method is that sometimes the names seem to jump out at you and at other times it's not so obvious. This week, i had 2 that did stand out as obvious - Sound and Silence (Mercury in Gemini) and Stradivarius (Saturn in the 2nd house). What interests me at the moment is those charts where it's not as easy to find a winner for the chart doesn't seem to work at all. Over the next period of time, i'll be looking at that more closely. But for today, i'll give it my best shot to try to get us up the league table then i'll take a well earned rest....

....until Windsor on Monday night.
Verum e

Right then, final day...

15:05 Wolferton Handicap

Mars - Scarlet Dragon e/w (Horse is fast, gets the distance, and goes on the ground). Currently 20/1 and that's too much value to ignore.

16:20 Diamond Jubilee Stakes

Venus - This race is almost impossible. Limato (means to polish or perfect) is strong favourite, but a weak price. For those who like value, Dancing Star ticks all the boxes.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Here are my final Astro Punters selections.

September / Learn by Heart / Elysium Dream
Maverick Wave / Kidmenever / Mythical Madness
Wings of Desire / Prise Money / Western Hymn
Librisa Breese / Acclaim / Magical Memory
Outback Traveler / Certificate / Stready Pace
US Army Ranger / Qewy / His Dream

Best of Luck to all the league players - lets try to break into the top 20 at least!
Verum e

GB wrote:
Saturnhead wrote:Thought I take the Sesquiquadrate.
Do you not use Uranus? Sextile and a bit closer, unless I have this wrong :)
What ModWasp said, GB.

And, I always stick to the traditional 7 planets. 7 Chakras, 7 colours in the rainbow, 7 musical notes, 7 days of the week, etc - but maybe that is a debate for another time. :)
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Saturnhead wrote:[maybe that is a debate for another time. :)
I think there may be a number of things that have come out of this exercise that will be worth discussing in the future :)

Today's efforts:

Hey Gaman/Bartholomeu Dias/Match Maker

Maverick Wave/Pacify/Maverick Wave

Dartmouth/Idaho/Wings of Desire

Limato/Magical Memory/Magical Memory

Raucous/Buckstay/Steady Pace

Qewy/Oriental Fox/Motherland