Using Equinox and Solstice Charts ?

Hello People,

Christeen Skinner recently explained how she uses charts drawn up on the Solstice and Equinox to get a general feel for how the next 3 months will play out.

Here's a quote from her ....

"As you may know, the chart for each solstice and equinox is used to get an idea of trends for the next quarter. Set for London, this chart is alarming: a prominent Mars and Chiron still within orb of the geodetic Midheaven. Of course it is to be hoped that there is no repeat of the recent atrocity but, with Mars opposing Pluto in early July and this aspect connecting with the chart for the United Kingdom, this should possibility should not be ruled out ? but then neither should be the call for another general election."

Apart from being a bit "Cool Man" what would be the driving idea to base a general prediction on the Solstice or Equinox? Why would they have an over all guideance ?

Where can I read a bit more on this ?

H

Ingress charts are used in traditional mundane astrology -
not natal, or at least I've never heard of them used in natal charts. Most traditionalists would prefer the solar return. The ingress charts are applicable to every person within the area for which the chart is cast. If anything it would show how the native would react to events in this geographic area. The fact that she uses Chiron tell us she is not a traditional astrologer, and this technique is likely her own.

So for a Chart drawn up around 4.55am in London on 21st June 2017 with The Sun Rising exactly what do we have ?

Presumably a huge amount of information about the state of the area and even perhaps the UK.

How would this be progressed though ? A Day a Year won't work I'm NOT sure how Solar Return charts are progressed.

Obviously it is key and she feels those Charts are valid for 3 months up to the next Equinox.

We do know that the Ancients did make great play of The Solstice and The Equinox and that wouldn't have just been because it was the longest or shortest day, or the day lengths been equal, however, cool that is.

H

So for a Chart drawn up around 4.55am in London on 21st June 2017 with The Sun Rising exactly what do we have ?
The Sun's entry into Cancer. No matter where you are in the world you have the Sun's entry into Cancer, but the houses are different. I find it difficult to believe that every human on earth is profoundly effected by this as opposed to any other day. These are just transits as far as natal astrology goes.
How would this be progressed though ? A Day a Year won't work I'm NOT sure how Solar Return charts are progressed.
Solar returns aren't progressed much any longer, but they were in the past. Progressing them was an attempt to obtain a precision that might not be realistic. The different methods produced slightly different results. but the essence was the same. You can eyeball it. Mentally move the planets roughly one degree forward for each day of the year. Trust me, if your predictions are only a day or two off, no one will mind. Solar returns are compared to the natal chart for information about the upcoming year. Lunar returns are the same but cover the lunar month in question.
Obviously it is key and she feels those Charts are valid for 3 months up to the next Equinox.
Valid for what? I don't know who Christine Skinner is, although I think there is an interview here on Skyscript. I just looked her up and she is apparently a financial astrologer, and it would make sense to me to use the ingress charts for that - not for natal. I don't do any financial astrology, so I defer to her expertise in this matter.
We do know that the Ancients did make great play of The Solstice and The Equinox and that wouldn't have just been because it was the longest or shortest day, or the day lengths been equal, however, cool that is.
I don't think they used them in natal astrology and without a stock market they didn't use them for financial astrology. They used them for mundane astrology or, as they would call it, the astrology of kingdoms. War? Peace? Prosperity? Famine? Disease? That sort of thing. Skyscript doesn't have a financial astrology forum. If there is enough interest Deb would probably set one up.

Keep in mind, the study of traditional astrology is vast. I'm only relaying what I know (or think I know). I cannot recite from memory or even have the library to research everything. Someone out there might know of an old technique that used the ingress charts in natal work. Failing that, I suggest you post this in the general forum and you might find more information there.

I had a thought. Just a thought. Given the ups and downs of the financial markets (which are normal as is the business cycle), I was wondering if perhaps Skinner uses the ingress charts of the Sun into cardinal signs and compared those to investors nativities. In that framework the use of those charts makes sense. However, I have no idea how it would be done assuming it could be done at all.

Raphael (Rob't Cross)'s Manual of Astrology contains some information as to how to erect and interpret a seasonal ingress chart, as well as new moons and eclipses. Not sure how traditional his material is, this is late 19th century material. And the writer does get a bit carried away at times, so there are places where you can skip ahead a bit. :lol:
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

Sorry I'm being a bit dim here.

Aren't we talking about either a form of Mundane Astrology or a form of Electing Astrology.

Or in fact the two merged for Solstice and Equinox data ?

The ONLY question is why would a Solstice or Equinox be more significant naturally than other dates ?

H

PS I think you are on to something when you talk Cardinal Signs. Each three months period would then involve a Cardinal Sign rising to start the process. Perhaps there is a division of the Zodiac into four then ? That gives some special characteristics to each quarter ?

Each quarter would then be led by a different Element.

Aaah Hah ? Now we are getting somewhere.

Sorry I'm being a bit dim here.

Aren't we talking about either a form of Mundane Astrology or a form of Electing Astrology.
I don't know. I didn't know anything about the astrologer or the technique. I found out she is a financial astrologer. The use of Chiron and Pluto strongly suggests she isn't traditional.

Just trying to get a handle on whether the moment of the Solstice or the Equinox have any special characteristics.

Could Charts for those moments be Very Significant ?

We are led to believe the Druids get "All Excited" about them.

I think that each starts with a different Element is interesting and with a Cardinal Sign.

But apart from the symetry I can't too overly excited about them too.

H