Qatar

interesting developments with regard to qatar at present... i thought i would look at the chart in nic campions book.. he gives a chart for qatar as i have posted here below... i am running ubuntu and have used flatangle to generate the chart... seems to be many connections in the transit data at present, in particular the location of the nodal axis in relation to this chart.. there is much more to it then that, but for anyone interested in this sort of thing - you might enjoy examining it..

profection year jupiter at present.. jupiter in the solar return chart for 2016 is conjunct sr mercury, while both conjoin natal pluto - 28 virgo.. meanwhile pluto in the solar return is conjunct the midheaven... mars is conjunct the descendant... interesting set up.. i have yet to look at mars profection coming up for 2017 or the 2017 solar return chart..

not sure if this is the singling out of qatar for it's ties to terrorism, when in fact saudi arabia is every bit as guilty... interesting developments either way..

upload a picture

James

I think we are the only ones who take an interest in astrology of Middle East!

I haven't looked at Qatar, but my Saudi analysis for 2018-20 shows a major shift from a quiet nation to one where things could get rather nasty.

I think their proposed sale of Aramco shares is indicative of a major shift in oil and finances. And I think they are going to face unrest internally.

All the natural resource nations I looked at show the best prospects 2018-20, which suggests something is going to kick off over the next 12 months.

This is definitely not good. Though astrologically fascinating of course.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

hi amelia,

yes - for the most part that is true!! no one seems interested but in fact, what is going on in these middle east countries directly connects with what is going on in places like the uk, france, the usa and etc. etc..

qatar and saudi arabia are the 2 main countries embracing wahabbism.. the headchopping cult that isis and al qaeda are a byproduct of, are a direct result of the religious ideology being cultivated in these 2 countries and exported to the mosques and madrassas around the globe in places like pakistan and just about everywhere else... ironically qatar and saudi arabia has a long running feud and don't see eye to eye on all of it either.. good.. one trying to scapegoat the other, or sabotage the other is fine by me! meanwhile the usa/uk/israel love the money they churn out, and are always happy to sell them as much military war making gear they want...oh and they are opposed to that bastion of terrorism ( not!) iran! over in yemen, they are trying to force starvation on them, cultivating a complete siege on yemen... that is what the uk/usa/canada and so many other countries continue to support.. all they are supporting is the god of money, minus any morality or ethics in any of it..

saudi arabia - i have talked about it here at skyscript for many years, can't be torn up soon enough as far as i am concerned.. i have articulated lots of astrology on saudi arabia, and i have focused on the saturn/pluto conjunction of 2020, along with the jupiter/saturn conjunction of 2020 as the turning point... we'll see how it all unfolds, but the world is a much more scary place thanks the wests idea of divide and conquer and siding with the house of wahabbi... big mistake.. we are witnessing the blowback here, as we have witnessed it in syria, libya and iraq... all of this was unnecessary death and destruction, thanks largely the western countries support for these nutjobs...

one can't just rely on the astrology.. one must understand world politics, and history.. the best one can do with the astrology is work with these larger planetary cycles, which is what i have tried to do using jupiter/saturn and saturn/pluto.. big changes are on the way... the change with regard to qatar is another piece of the puzzle that continues to unfold.. cheers james

I agree with everything you say James. Do you know about the natural gas pipeline the Saudis wish to build and thus the real reason for the war in Syria and the intention to overthrow Assad?

I agree with you that it is difficult to discern all this from astrology but I would be interested to see the Saudi Arabia national chart. Amelia have you studied that?

Warning- political opinion, only a little astrology follows:

Today, ISIS attacks were announced in Tehran, apparently the first real violence in the country since 1979.

It is so clear that US has agreed something with Israel and Saudi since Trump was elected re Iran. Equally clear that ISIS is to some extent a creation of those nations, and that some ( though clearly not all) elements of it are funded/supported by at least one of those three countries.

There is a plan afoot re Iran. Qatar is just an element. Hopefully it does not go wrong the way Syria did. Such a shame, Iran's chart is clearly not one of a nation looking to destroy others without provocation.

In any case looking at the charts of Saudi, Israel and Iran, it is very likely to go horribly wrong for Saudi and probably Israel and obviously to be difficult for Iran in the medium term.

The whole thing is a complete mess and here in UK we are getting attacked by individuals who were on the side of the USA in the undermining and regime change in Libya. And the mainstream media just trot out the same old propaganda and most people don't even question it.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

vicki,

the chart for use in saudi arabia is in this link from 2013.. there are a few, but i think the first one is the one most often used...

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7889

amelia and vicki

obviously we can't stop from trying to be informed on the world and the role the media or countries play.. discussing the pros and cons of the different views non astrological will only lead to non astrological discussions!!! i realize the astrology works within the context of everything else, and that the everything else matters, but if we stray too far, mark is going to come down with a hammer and stop us from talking non astro!

lets stay focused on the astrology at hand. thanks!

i was thinking of something simple like how the transit of mars into cancer coincided with this public change with regard to qatar.. i note qatar moon at 9 cap... also a lot of the saudi arabia charts are heavily capricorn based.. i ponder the implications of this simple transit of mars over the placements..

i haven't looked at the charts for saudi arabia for some time... would be interesting to run the solar returns keeping in mind the profection lords for greater insights.. neither have i consider the solar arc data which would be interesting to examine...

would be good to have the date of the previous qatar/saudi fallout that apparently happened a number of years ago along the same lines..

james_m wrote:hi amelia,
yes - for the most part that is true!! no one seems interested but in fact, what is going on in these middle east countries directly connects with what is going on in places like the uk, france, the usa and etc. etc.....
qatar and saudi arabia are the 2 main countries embracing wahabbism.....
saudi arabia - i have talked about it here at skyscript for many years....,
I agree with you about the direct connection with the UK, France and the USA. The problem in assessing the astrology of this situation is coming up with significant dates and their relevant radix charts. (as Michaelb outlined in older threads and your discussions with him, along with your various charts)

Michael Baigent in Mundane Astrology gives what he calls the Master Chart for the Middle East based on the Balfour Mandate of 25 April 1920, created by the League of Nations in San Remo Italy. The agreement was to essentially carve up the M.E so the USA held Syria and GB held Iraq. Syria was then divided further into smaller states creating the French Mandate of Syria and Lebanon; Mosul, Baghdad and Basra were placed under the British Mandate....

But the complexity and the intrigue of the subject goes back further in history, at least to the so called inception of Wahhabism.

Muhammad ibn Abdul-Wahhab [born 1703_Jupiter/Saturn/Neptune conjunct Aries square NN/Cancer] formed this movement, based on Islamic Salafism texts. His objective was to purify Islam of cults and superstitions that had entered into its doctrines over the centuries. In 1744 [T Neptune conjuncts natal his NN Cancer] Wahhab formed an alliance with tribal warrior Ibn Saud , which was formalised by the wedding of Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhab's daughter to Abdul Aziz, son and successor of Ibn Saud.

Tracing your older posts back, you mentioned:
1744 is a year that stands out in the history. from wikipedia "The emergence of what was to become the Saudi royal family, known as the Al Saud, began in Nejd in central Arabia in 1744, when Muhammad bin Saud, founder of the dynasty, joined forces with the religious leader Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab,[29] founder of the Wahhabi movement, a strict puritanical form of Sunni Islam."

i was curious to compare it with the ju/sa 630 chart.. the only connection of note for 1744 is the conjunction of saturn to radix neptune in the 630.. in so far as saturn and neptune have an association with religion, i thought it was interesting.. i am curious if you or others had more to say about saudi arabia in relation to the 630 chart you have emphasized.. thanks again for sharing your work here. i have enjoyed reading it..
I believe the year of 1744 is crucial to the astrology of the creation of 1st Saudi State and the ensuing destruction of the Middle East, by nefarious practices, up to the founding in 1932 of the [political] Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with the aid of the British.

To expand the ideology of Wahhabism:
David Livingston in Black Terror White Soldiers.pdf:

?Despite all his posturing as a reviver of ?pure? Islamic tradition, Abdul Wahhab also then endorsed one of the greatest corruptive innovations ( Biddah) in recent times, the establishment of Ibn Saud as ?king,? not Caliph, thus incepting the Saudi dynasty. It was agreed between Abdul Wahhab and Ibn Saud that from then on power would be held among their descendants, with the descendants of the Saudis maintaining political authority, and the descendants of Abdul Wahhab, known as al Sheikh, administering the Wahhabi cult?. (a reign of destruction and terror then ensued)

(Ottoman Saudi War 1811-1818; Ottoman empire its defeat and dissolution 1908?1922 - At the end of Ottoman rule 1915, Qatar became a British protectorate until gaining independence in 1971)

?The growth of the financial resources of the British allowed them to expand their colonial objectives beyond the Caribbean and the Americas. A little known project was the attempt to free territories from Ottoman control through the British creation of the first and foremost of the modern Revivalist sects of Islam, the Wahhabis of Saudi Arabia, who continue to be the dominant interpretation of the religion in that country to this day. The purpose of the creation of the Wahhabi sect was to serve imperialist designs of the British, by undermining the Ottoman Empire from within. The plan was to rile the Arabs of the Hijaz, what came to be known as Saudi Arabia, against the tremendous empire of the Muslim Turks. The means of doing so was to create a ?reform? movement that attacked the basic principles of Islam by calling for a re-opening of the Doors of Ijtihad?.

David Livingston moves into the dark territory of Occult Brotherhoods, Freemasonry and the British Government in a separate article, some of which I am unable to verify from other sources:

?In modern times, the Wahhabis have aligned themselves with a still more pernicious deviation from Islam, the Salafi movement [an extreme form of Sunni Islam] These name themselves accordingly because they claim to follow the earliest generations of the Muslims, known as the Salaf, and therefore, to be nearest to the purity of the original faith. Nothing could be further from the truth?.

(The majority of the world's Salafis are from Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia 46.87% of Qataris and 44.8% of Emiratis are Salafis. 5.7% of Bahrainis are Salafis and 2.17% of Kuwaitis are Salafis ~Wiki)

Historians and academics date the emergence of Salafism from mid to late 19th Century, as an intellectual movement at al-Azhar University, led by Jamal al-Din al-Afghani (1839-1897) Muhammad Abduh (1849-1905), and Rashid Rida (1865-1935).

Livingston is more specific:

?Salafism was the result of a policy, at the turn of the 19th century, of the Oxford Movement [1833] headed by Lord Palmerston, Benjamin Disraeli and Edward Bullwer-Lytton, to spread Scottish Rite Freemasonry in the Middle East. Lord Palmerston was a fellow member of the Palladian Rite, along with Albert Pike, who originally devised a plot for three world wars, culminating in a third against the Muslim world. Bulwer-Lytton was a leading occult figure, heading the English Rosicrucians, which evolved directly from the Shabbatean heresy, through the Asiatic Brethren?

(Livingston does reference the journalist Robert Dreyfuss on this and a lot more, from his 1981 book, Hostage to Khomeini).

In 1878 Al-Afghani was initiated in a Masonic lodge of Scottish rite in Cairo; in 1883 he founded the secret organisation the Indissoluble Bond [direct forerunner to the Muslim Brotherhood ] to spread the message of Islamist awakening based on a return to the salaf doctrine.

?Among his followers, Afghani [said to be a British Intelligence Agent] received almost total devotion bordering on idolatry. His most prized disciple was Mohammed Abduh, who, long after Afghani left Cairo, organized the basis for (the Sufi Mystic) Hasan al-Banna?s Muslim Brotherhood (Ikhwcm al-Muslimun) which was officially founded in Egypt, in I928.

(Astrolger Ed Tamplin gives 23 March 1928 - in 2012 T Uranus in Aries came full cycle)

Today, the Muslim Brotherhood is the umbrella under which a host of fundamentalist Sufi, Sunni, and radical Shiite brotherhoods and societies flourish.? ~ Dreyfuss

Writing in 1984 Michael Baigent, referring to the ?Master Chart? of 1920: The future of the Middle East, so long as this pattern of 1920 remains, does not look hopeful. Before the end of the century there seems every likelihood of a war. A jihad perhaps. In January 1996 [planetary aspects] would suggest another Middle Eastern war with the secular revolutionaries fighting against the religious idealists... (A) Pluto transit which begins in November 1995 [would] indicate the emergence of a leader who is typified by an uncompromising religious mysticism, a new Mahdi or Prophet perhaps.....this leader could come out of Israel. Whatever disruption the (major transits between 1995 and 2000 will cause) the cycles will continue.....
[He then gives some ideas to solving the astrological pattern of 1920]

In 1995 the CIA set up operations to overthrow Saddam Hussein with the complicity of Jordan, and infiltrated dozens of spies inside Iraq - the seeds, possibly, of 'The War on Terror', declared by George W Bush on 20th September 2001, in an address to a joint session of Congress. (14 Saturn/Gemini opposed to 12 Pluto/Sag)
Last edited by elka on Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

hello again elka,

i picked up my copy of 'mundane astrology' 1984 edition today- in my library- ( perhaps there is a more recent one?) by baigent, campion and harvey.. there is no direct mention of the balfour mandate in the exhaustive index in the back of the book, however i do see mention of this - balfour declaration in connection with the saturn-uranus cycle and andre barbaults work on page 182 of the book.

in the paragraph they state the various phases of the saturn-uranus cycle, in particular the 180 phase, as having great bearing on events in the middle east, while going on to stress the importance of the saturn/pluto cycle in connection with israel specifically..

perhaps the balfour mandate, or declaration is mentioned somewhere else in the book too, but it doesn't seem to hold the relevance that you state in your post, or i am missing where it is discussed more at length in this book.. is there a specific chart to go with this event, other then a day chart? i couldn't find any at astrodatabank.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration

wikipedia gives nov 2 1917 as the date for the declaration..

the date you offer for the balfour mandate 25 april 1920 seems to connect with what is referred to as the san remo conference.. this date 25 april 1920 does indeed have a very close opposition between saturn and uranus. we last had the saturn/uranus opposition in the 2010 time frame.. the waning square will occur in year 2021 time frame..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Remo_conference

perhaps you could help me out here.. thanks..

Apologies for not being clear in referencing Michael Baigent?s Chart of 25 April 1920, which he called the *Middle East Mandate*, not the Balfour Mandate as I had stated. (The location and time being San Remo 11.22 MET, which he gives the source reference)

Wiki clarifies the Balfour reference in the link you gave: ?The decisions of the San Remo conference confirmed the mandate allocations of the First Conference of London (February 1920). The San Remo Resolution adopted on 25 April 1920 incorporated the Balfour Declaration of 1917. It and Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations were the basic documents upon which the British Mandate for Palestine was constructed.

His writing on this particular chart is in the section 'The Astrology of Nations' (of Mundane Astrology), beginning page 471 (in my book). He does indeed discuss the Saturn Uranus opposition and other aspects.

thanks elka,

at the time of the 1st printing of this book, this chart and discussion wasn't incorporated into the original.. i suppose they decided to do a revised edition with more info, including what you have drawn to my attention.. thanks again for this.

so 11:22 met... could you do me a favour and give me the ascendant degree for this chart? i put san remo in my solar fire prog and it shows cedt, not met... met is apparently UTC+01 - cet is the same... with cet i get a rising degree of 21 cancer 58 rising.. i can see some obvious connections back to israel and saudi arabias chart off this chart.. i would be curious to know what was said about this chart.. i have put it up, but haven't studied it much here today.. thank you again!