Using the Ascending Degree, the winning trainer will be either AP OBrien or Martin Johnston. I have 3 races with an AP OBrien and Ryan Moore (jockey) combination testimony.

At the time of writing AP OBrien hasn't confirmed which jockeys will be riding his six entries.

I'm with the horse Ryan Moore is riding and Permian (trained by Martin Johnston) to be potentially the horse that stops an AP OBrien 1-2-3.

Why do you take the ascendent degree please?

Coolmore produces many top horses which Aidan O'Brien gets to train and Ryan Moore gets to ride so I can see that this winning combination should pop up on numerous occasions.

Why does Mark Johnston feature too?

I think we're up to eight possible selections now . . .

I think Jupiter has to be the key here. It is the first aspect from the Campanus 5th (135), Lord of the Hour, and Sun trine Jupiter is the closest aspect.

I am waiting for jockey information before deciding on the horse, but would be surprised if Jupiter was not featured.

venus has very tight conjunction with Uranus on descendant, good or bad for the ladies?; sun also squares neptune.

In addition to best solution (sun in Gemini trines jupiter) crown eagle (sun jupiter) , I also like Cliffs of Moher (neptune and female owner); EW on Glencadam Glory (neptune + jupiter).

too many potential candidates for me in this race.

Hi pipedreamer, the Ascending degree was covered in the Cheltenham and Aintree festival threads, hopefully these will address most of your queries. If you have any questions after reading these, let me know.

I'm not one for statistics mixing with astrological predictions, that said O'Brien has a 1:4-1:5 success rate, the trick is knowing which one.

There are some additional testimonies for Jockeys, Smullen is an interesting entry.

I appreciate that this method doesn't allow for much astrological conversation, that said, this race does allow for some deliberation on my part. I don't want to waffle, as it will just be confusing. As discussed on previous threads I'm interested to know which individual tends to triumph over another at a particular moment.

I'm happy enough to join in and suggest a winner, to contribute to the forum, if I don't win then I still learn something - all good!

GB wrote:I think Jupiter has to be the key here. It is the first aspect from the Campanus 5th (135), Lord of the Hour, and Sun trine Jupiter is the closest aspect.
I agree on Jupiter/Sun being important here, and I am going to base my prediction on that configuration. I just note the Trine to Mars in the house of breaks (8th), and Cracksman is the best overall horse on paper.

The fastest horse on paper is Permian, but my final two picks are:-

Eminent and Best Solution.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

It's a tricky one to call and the race looks wide open.

I agree with Saturnhead - I've gone e/w on Best Solution and have a non-astro bet r/fc on Cliffs of Moher and Cracksman.
Verum e

I am voting for Best solution EW. I think I overheard on ITV yesterday that only one horse with double digit odds have won the race before. With Uranus on descendant, maybe the history could repeat?

and for 2:35 silver step EW (moon rising-silver, female trainer, moon mercury); silver meadow EW
3:10 sovereign debt EW (moon rising- female trainer)

hera wrote:only one horse with double digit odds have won the race before. With Uranus on descendant, maybe the history could repeat?
There was a double digit winner in 1973 when Morston won at 25/1. It was my first classic winning bet (I had 33/1 ante post).

Don't know if there have been other double digit winners since.

In 1973, Uranus was rising (if I have the time correct).