orb for luminaries when using solar arcs

I know that with secondary progressions people usually give the sun and moon an extra .30 degree of orb; theoretically wouldn't the same apply for solar arcs as well? Does anybody else give the solar arcs for luminaries a little bit of extra orb?

Typically I use .30 arc minutes for applying solar arcs and .15 arc minutes separating; I imagine that if this concept regarding giving luminaries extra orb is legitimate then I think it is justifiable to increase the orb for solar arc luminaries from .30 arc minutes to .45 arc minutes or even an entire degree applying while the separating aspect would go from .15 arc minutes to .30 arc minutes. From my own personal observations I think there is definitely some merit to this idea, but I would like to see if anyone else can verify this as well

Sorry I don't have any useful answer to your question, but I did think about it. I mostly tend to only look at the Solar Arcs of the chart angles to planets, though I do realise that the luminaries and planets are probably also important when making Solar Arcs, and on the occasions I have looked at these they seem to be effective. I just looked at a Solar Arc of the Sun to Pluto, and it did have a definite effect, and timing wise with a much smaller orb than the one degree I automatically use for Solar Arcs, though the event was preparing itself from one degree applying. I assumed that the event signified by the Solar Arc could happen any time between one degree applying and exact, and triggered by simultaneous transits to the same planets.

I had always assumed to allow one degree applying and one degree separating, when looking at Solar Arcs from the chart angles to natal planets, but you could be right and a much smaller orb might be necessary to pinpoint events. The problem with chart angles is that most charts won't have that level of accuracy, and an Ascendant is mostly at best within half a degree of accuracy. I will try to observe what you are asking about in future.

I just noticed an interesting Solar Arc of the Ascendant to the Moon's Antiscion, in the chart of Adolf Hitler at the time of his suicide. The orb is just within 1 degree, and the chart is from his birth certificate time, with Libra rising which is long ascension in the northern hemisphere so likely to be accurate.

There were powerful transits to his Moon at the same time. His Moon is powerfully aspected natally. It looks as though the Solar Arc, once within one degree of orb, gets triggered by transits to produce an event?

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic ... 343#102343

Personally I have some doubts regarding hitlers true time of birth; it is true that his birth certificate says 6:30 pm, and I have no doubt that he is a libra ascendant, but im not sure what his actual ascending degree really is. The 6:30 pm birthtime just sounds too convenient and too rounded off in my opinion; also I have read of various astrologers rectifying his time of birth to an earlier time as well. So im not really sure...