Which houses when there is more than one small animal?

One of my neighbour's chicken's was found dead in my pond last week. My neighbour suspects my cats- I don't really think so as they usually give the chickens a wide berth. But this chicken was very new so it is not impossible.

I asked the question then realised I needed to choose a different house for the cat and the chicken. Assuming I put the cat in 6th, where should I locate the chicken? (in the chart obviously, as it is very clearly in the pond in the real world!)

Or is there a better way of phrasing the question to avoid the problem?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

You might use the eleventh house, as sixth from the sixth house, to represent the prey (known enemy) of the cat.

Or you coiuld reframe the question so it's actually about you and your neighbor rather than the animals.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

Your cat is signified by the radical sixth.
The neighbour is signified by the radical third,
and his chicken is his sixth, in other words
the sixth from the third, i.e. the radical eighth
is the house of the neighbour's chicken.

Besides the advice given about significator assignment, I agree that natural significators can help point in the right direction. As mentioned, Saturn is for cats and I would expect Mercury for a winged creature (correct me if I am wrong). Often horary will also give physical characteristics of the creature, such as Saturn in Scorpio indicating a black cat (or the house ruler for the animal will help describe it), which can help you feel better about signicators. I am definitely an animal lover and ask a lot of questions about them and they are usually described well by the signicators, just like a human. For example, a feisty cat could be Mars.