How much trouble...?

Here's an interesting horary question I got from a friend. The answer is still unknown.

Background: It was one of those off days at work. With the best of intentions, they were behind their whole shift. For whatever reason lost track of the time with just about each client until by the end of the day (shift) they were 45 minutes behind.
Question: How much trouble am I going to get into with my boss? The concern is just how large the reaction is going to be from the owner.
A little help is needed because of the significator for the boss has me a bit unsure.

The querent, of course, is the first house Lord, Mercury.
The Boss I'm thinking would be the tenth house (The ruler here is Mercury as well) because the question deals with authority at work rather than the sixth day to day work related stuff. The seventh could apply too since the Boss a singular "other" but the querent is really asking about what authority or the what "the man" is going to do.

What does anyone else think?

Anyhow, for now, I'm going with the tenth for the boss. Since the houses are both Mercury the condition of Mercury is the primary significator.

Mercury is in late degrees and debilitated, so the boss will not be happy, but being in such late degrees and applying in an out of sign sextile Venus and the separating Moon the Boss will not really do anything directly to the querent, maybe even someone else will mitigate somehow.
Neither the querent or the Boss is strong in this situation. Could indicate that both don't want a confrontation?
The Moon and Venus are in the sixth house and Me is in the eighth so this is another indication the boss is more quietly unhappy and if we view the sextile as quietly friendly. Moon and Venus are natural benefics so that should soften the blow.

I wonder about the Moon's applying square to Mars. Depending on what personal orbs you use does it signify a later negative encounter?

Let me know your comments. I will post the results probably later next week, whenever I hear the fallout story.

Cheers.
Last edited by AJ on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi AJ would it be possible for you to post a chart from astro.com if you find time?
I'm having some difficulty reading this format. Since the time data isn't there I am unable to do it myself
Thanks!

Serene wrote:Hi AJ would it be possible for you to post a chart from astro.com if you find time?
I'm having some difficulty reading this format. Since the time data isn't there I am unable to do it myself
Thanks!
Done.

Hi AJ thanks for posting the requested format. I get visually challenged with charts from any place other than astro.com! :D

We can even look at Jupiter to signify the boss as Jupiter is the depositor of Mercury 10th house lord so the ruler of the job. Jupiter is also the turned 10th from 10th - boss at workplace. Sun, the natural significator of bosses may also show something. Sun is opposing the ascendant in 3 time units and in detriment and fall of Mercury. Moon is in the detriment of sun. Mercury L1 is weak and in a critical situation and Jupiter too like the sun is in its detriment and fall Mercury about to go retro to apply to a square with Jupiter again. Will check again to see how these dynamics are playing out and whether there are other prohibitions or mitigating/helful influences but for now i feel all this means the boss would certainly be displeased. Moon's applying hard aspect with Mars may show the boss's anger over this issue. Mars at the cusp of the 9th may mean that his anger is justified.

But i am not yet sure about this reading as i just gave the chart a quick glance. will come back to the chart again to check what have missed.
Last edited by Serene on Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Also im not sure how the chart will look like in regio houses which is what i use but Venus can be taken at the cusp of the 6th house of work environment and this should, like you said , indicate that there would be no major disharmony with venus being both a benefic and a planet associated with peace and love. Sun is in a mute sign and Jupiter in a semi voiced sign which makes me think that the boss wont express his anger verbally. Both Moon and mars apply from cadent houses without much power. Mars in its detriment in Tauras and disposed by Venus. Overall it seems that the boss though displeased wont make a very big issue out of it and wont express his anger outwardly in a threatening or hostile manner. However i do feel there may be some sort of confrontation between the querent and the boss with Sun so angular and directly opposing the ascendant.

If we take Mercury for the boss and Moon for the querent then the situation goes much more in favour of the querent. Mercury is itself weak in Pisces at critical degrees and about to go retro. Mercury and Moon have no significant positive or negative reception and no aspects as well. Mercury being in a mute sign is another strong testimony in favour of the querent if Mercury is taken as the boss. But somehow i am less inclined to give Mercury to the boss because the description of Mercury's condition here is more fitting to the querent.

Serene wrote:Overall it seems that the boss though displeased wont make a very big issue out of it and wont express his anger outwardly in a threatening or hostile manner. However i do feel there may be some sort of confrontation between the querent and the boss with Sun so angular and directly opposing the ascendant.
Hi Serene: Thanks for your comments on the chart. Sorry, it has taken so long to update but it was only a couple a weeks ago I was able to catch up on the outcome and the last few weeks have been hectic.

Outcome: The boss did not mention it at all, though HR was overheard to have likely been told. So there was no confrontation.

I noticed the Sun on the descendant too, but felt since it was soon to set it the issue would be buried so's to speak.

Blessings.