Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Will I get a Working Holiday Visa?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arya

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Will I get a Working Holiday Visa? Reply with quote

I applied for a working holiday visa for Canada, which is given by a lottery every week until the quota is met. There is very little places left and I haven't been selected yet, so I drew a chart for the time of my new application (I got a new passport and had to cancel my previous one). I am quite new to western horary (coming from vedic astrology), but here are my thoughts about it:

My main significator is Venus, which is in fall in aries in the 6th house, showing maybe my anxiety about it (or as it is in good reception of Mars, and Mars sits in the 9th house of travel, it shows how much I want to travel there?). Mercury, as the universal significator of papers and documentation, is in the 7th, which is the 3rd (communication) from 5th (house of ambassador). It's also about to leave aries for taurus, becoming in good reception of lord 1, and is the ruler of 9th house of travel. The lord of 10th, of governement and work, is the moon, my secondary significator, which sits in 3rd house of communication, but in capricorn. The north node is sitting in the 10th house, increasing work related things, and the south is in the 4th, decreasing home relating things, so it could indicated a movement towards travelling (but maybe it's a jyotish interpretation...).
I'm quite confused about it all, could anyone shed some light about it? And if you think I will get it, how can I look the timing of it?

Many many thanks for your help

[img]https://ibb.co/kLYbwQ[/img]
The image of the chart do not show up for some reason, so here is a link to it: https://ibb.co/kLYbwQ
felipeastrologo

Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A visa is a "gift from a foreign government: turned 2nd from the 10th from the 9th: Mars.

The question is: can Venus get to Mars? Is there an aspect?

Yes. Jupiter, the Canadian government is collecting the lights of Mars and Venus with positive reception towards Venus, that is: the Canadian government gives you the Visa.

But, it is by opposition. I have not seen a visa given by opposition before so I cannot give you a confident answer. It may be that it will be difficult to get. Or there will be long delays. Or you will simply give it up for some reason. Or it may simply be a "yes" without any problems. I really don't know.

Arya wrote:
My main significator is Venus, which is in fall in aries in the 6th house

Venus is in detriment, not fall. But here it is not a debility because you are in the right house. The sixth house is the house of the government of a foreign country: turned 10th from the 9th. Venus is in the sign of the 2nd house from the turned 10th from the 9th, that is, the sign of the Visa. So you want Mars: the visa.

Arya wrote:
(or as it is in good reception of Mars, and Mars sits in the 9th house of travel, it shows how much I want to travel there?).

It does not show how much you want to go there. You are not Mars. Mars in the 9th shows that the visa affects the matters of that house for you, which is given by and confirms the contex: you need a visa to go to Canada.

Arya wrote:
The lord of 10th, of governement

Your govenrment has nothing to do with the visa. The Canadian government does: Jupiter.

Arya wrote:
and work, is the moon, my secondary significator, which sits in 3rd house of communication, but in capricorn.

The Moon-Sun trine is good as the Sun exalts the Moon. Notice that the Moon exalts Mars: you REALLY want that Visa. But the Moon in detriment is debilitated and the Sun is on Algol. Is the job's money what matters to you most? (L11). I suppose it is, Venus exalts it. Is the money worth the effort? I'm just wondering if the chart is giving some more clues about the situation.

Arya wrote:
The north node is sitting in the 10th house, increasing work related things, and the south is in the 4th, decreasing home relating things, so it could indicated a movement towards travelling (but maybe it's a jyotish interpretation...).

You either interpret the NN or the SN here, you cannot do both. House 10 is related to the question, so interpret the NN.

Arya wrote:
And if you think I will get it, how can I look the timing of it?

The timing technique I use is thus:

Choose three acceptable time units: days, weeks and months.
Venus is in a cardinal sign: days
Venus is in a cadent house: days.
Venus to Jupiter degrees: a little over three degrees.

Timing about 4 days, give or take.

If it does not happen this week I'm afraid that opposition may play out in some unfavorable way. We'll have to just wait and see. Unless someone else here can give a confident yes or no.

Let us know what unfolds. This is a good clear learning chart.

Good luck!
http://medicalastrologer.net
Arya

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for such a thorough answer, I learned a lot!

Quote:
But the Moon in detriment is debilitated and the Sun is on Algol. Is the job's money what matters to you most? (L11). I suppose it is, Venus exalts it. Is the money worth the effort? I'm just wondering if the chart is giving some more clues about the situation.

I actually don't have a job there yet so it's not really about the money, I plan on travelling for a few months first, and then work a little to keep on travelling afterwards, having a 2 years visa just opens a lot of possibilities. What does the Sun represents in that context?

You also said:
Quote:
The question is: can Venus get to Mars? Is there an aspect?

Yes. Jupiter, the Canadian government is collecting the lights of Mars and Venus with positive reception towards Venus, that is: the Canadian government gives you the Visa.

I noticed that there is a sextile between Venus and Mars (which will perfect on the 8th of June), do we discard it because of the orbs?
felipeastrologo

Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arya wrote:
I actually don't have a job there yet so it's not really about the money, I plan on travelling for a few months first, and then work a little to keep on travelling afterwards, having a 2 years visa just opens a lot of possibilities. What does the Sun represents in that context?

In that case I would disregard the Sun as I don't know what it could represent.

Arya wrote:
I noticed that there is a sextile between Venus and Mars (which will perfect on the 8th of June), do we discard it because of the orbs?

Venus opposes Jupiter before sextiling Mars. If Jupiter's last aspect had not been a trine with Mars that opposition would be a prohibition instead of a Collection of Light. You have to look at the next aspect, you cannot bypass Jupiter.

But since Venus will sextile Mars it would be interesting if that showed the timing instead.

Calendar time has no bearing on horary timing, except in cases when symbolic time is not readable from planets going into station.

Orbs have no bearing on timing calculation, only the degrees of separation and planet speed, plus a few other points of consideration.
http://medicalastrologer.net
sabumnim

Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is no, I don't think you will get a visa, by lottery. However, I do predict that you may still come to Canada, yet.

The querent is represented by Venus in Aries, found in the 6th house of work and employment, in opposition to Jupiter in Libra and squaring Pluto in Capricorn. As Venus is weakened in Aries, a sign of its fall, you are skating on thin ice.

Canada is ruled by the 9th house of foreign countries, hence Mercury at 29 Aries is the ruler.

Since the radix 5th house rules lotteries, and Jupiter (ruler) opposes Venus, I don't see you getting a visa that way.

However, you do have other options available to you, as suggested by radix Venus' sextile to Mars in Gemini deposited in the 9th house of foreign lands. And, Mercury in Aries (r. 9th house) is making a mutual reception with Mars in Gemini, so that brings opportunity to work in Canada that otherwise would not happen to the average applicant ?

If you hold a French citizenship, for example, you can come to Canada for six months, without a need for a visa, and then, apply for a one year TFW visa while in Canada.

Also, the Province of Quebec has its own immigration rules, seperate from Canada. Quebec has a program whereby if you invest a certain amount of money in a new business, they will fast track a special business visa for applicants.

I actually manage a media business here in Canada and am looking for a French speaking person to do media and sales work. If you speak and write fluent French, and have basic English writing and speaking skills, I might have a full-time job for you !

Just pm me and I can tell you the details. Please note that I do not hire people over the internet. You must have a recent resume and have some decent references. You can write me, "en Francais," as i am bilingual.

Good luck/bonne chance.
Arya

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabumnim wrote:
The answer is no, I don't think you will get a visa, by lottery. However, I do predict that you may still come to Canada, yet.

Thank you for your answer sabumnim! I just saw your post (didn't get an email notification for some reason...) and you were right, I didn't get it this time, all the 7700 visas have been allocated, so it looks like it's going to be for next year.

It's true that I could come with a 6 months visa as I hold a french passport, but I think I will wait till november and apply again once the new quota is out for 2018, it looks so much simpler that way. I worked as a web and iOS developer so sales is not really my expertise, but who knows, I might pop you a mp next year once I get to Canada Wink
sabumnim

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. You can always re-ask the question, six months to a year after the original question was asked.

Also, you may want to get a relocation analysis done to determine which part of Canada is best for you, work-wise.

Canada is also a big country, geographically, encompassing five time zones.

later,

S.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: