Major Flat Races

We are at the start of the flat season with the first Classic (The 2000 gns) on 6 May at 15:35 Newmarket (Cesarewitch course).

From recent racing posts here, there seems to be evidence that the Addey Campanus 5th method works best with lower grade races (but this is Class 1, Group 1). For this race it might not matter too much as Addey gives Mercury by square, and the Ascendant is in Virgo, so also indicating Mercury (and the MC in Gemini). I would like to work-in the Moon rising if possible.

Mercury (now direct) is in a close applying conjunction with Uranus possibly indicating a longer priced horse.

At the moment I am struggling to find a good match. Any thoughts?

Maybe, with Me as 10th lord, you could pick Eminent, or Churchill.

Mo sq Sa would pick up Dream Castle.

That's my main gripe with using racing event charts to pick names - too many options.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Oh, and just to complicate matters further, 9th Lord Venus/Aries is the first aspect by quintile.

So, does that mean - Barney Roy Barnabas was an apostle in the bible, and Roy means red.

Finally, Mo is on the cusp, and usually rules cities. Al Wukair is a settlement in Qatar.

So there we go, all 5 horses in the market are an option using Addey.
If it's not astronomically true, it's not astrologically true.

Addey method- first traditional aspect is to Mercury. Mercury ruled signs on the angles. Moon in Virgo on the Ascendant.
Mercury (voice) Moon (people). Possibly Churchill was once the voice of the people.

Trainers and Jockeys for the Ascending sign: on the basis that Ryan Moore is the jockey for Churchill, then I only have Churchill for both the actual degree and also Moon on the Ascendant.

The Grand National also had Moon on the Ascendant, which seemed to have a female influence. I only see one named female for the 2000 Guineas and she is a joint owner of Churchill. She is named for another horse as well but with no other testimony.

Churchill for me!

ModWasp wrote:The Moon is VoC.
This seems to strengthen the arguments above for Dream Castle: Saturn on the IC and Moon void on the Ascendant. That's what I have gone for.

We noted The Warrior at 14.40 Goodwood today as well.

We explained the winning horse, Gossiping with Mars on the MC and Mercury in mutual reception.

The Mars on the MC went to 14 20 Newmarket instead for the fillies race, with Venus square the 5th (partile separating) and Marsha (MARSha) came in!

One of the things I'm currently looking at is the start and finish times of races, similar to the mundane question of whether an election contest should have a chart for the start or close of polls.

I was concerned enough that the 2000 Guineas was going to start late enough for the Ascending degree to move on by 2 degrees, which I hadn't considered. The extra degree on is potentially relevant for the 1000 Guineas choices tomorrow.

john wrote:One of the things I'm currently looking at is the start and finish times of races, similar to the mundane question of whether an election contest should have a chart for the start or close of polls.
I am looking at this for football matches, there is nearly two hours between start and end.

We explained the winning horse, Gossiping with Mars on the MC and Mercury in mutual reception.
Mrs. ModWasp explained that gossiping was a 3rd house activity to the congregated masses at Vespa Towers. " Malcolm trousers his kahunas on sight of Bertha's rolling pin", she added to everyone's surprise.

What was interesting about today's Moon VoC, was that the average percentage of favs is usually about 32% but from today's 58 races, we had 24 winning favourites - a whopping 41.3%.

I found this statistic curious, as there is much data to prove that when the Moon is in nice aspect to the Sun, the movement of rail odds (track-side prices) are usually a fair indicator of which way the wind is blowing, given that the Moon represents attendees' focus at any given event.

Mrs.ModWasp also pointed out that the first aspect from the 5th in the 16:25 Goodwood - a semisextile , an aspect we've mentioned server times before - was to the ant. of Saturn at 2.57 Cap - Queen of Time was the winner.
Verum e