Inspired by Tom's "Find the Quality" thread.

Inspired by Tom's thread, entitled "Find the Quality", in the traditional forum, which asked what in the chart of Bob Dylan made him famous, I was looking at a few famous people's charts. I won't annoy Tom by commenting on his thread, as I definitely use the outer planets.

I find there is so much information that one chart at a time needs a lot of study. I was curious about the chart of Kate Bush https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Bush
She has the classic patterns of somebody with genuine deep musical genius, which I couldn't see in Bob Dylan's chart, maybe my fault for my lack of knowledge. If I can't find a Mars Neptune aspect, with other planets playing into it, or at least Mars Pluto or Venus Neptune, I query if this is an actual musician, such as looking at the chart of Brian Eno, he doesn't have any of these musician's aspects, and I don't know much about him but from what I subsequently read it turned out he is more of a technician than a musician. Kate Bush has a very closely orbed Mars square Sun, and I have seen closely orbed Mars Sun in so many rock vocalists' charts, e.g. David Bowie, Patti Smith, Nick Cave (all conjunctions I think). Hardly surprising to find this aspect in somebody whose unique voice is part of their genius.

Here is Kate Bush's chart. Sorry, I do not know her time of birth so used 11pm, as I am particulary curious about her Moon and its aspects. If she was born at 1am, then her Moon would be 28 degrees Capricorn. Her natal Phaethon is 20 degrees Leo, antiscion 10 degrees Taurus. This seems a powerfully talented chart. Apart from the clearly musical Mars opposition Neptune, square the Sun, there is this pattern of Chiron, IsisTranspluto, Phaethon, and possibly the Moon. The natal aspect of the Moon to Phaethon would make her Moon "open", whereas the Moon defaults to "closed". The natal aspect of IsisTranspluto to anything means that its first transits will be "open", when they would otherwise default to "closed". This means that she was born with tremendous talent, and the second transit of IsisTranspluto, around 20 degrees Leo in 1981-1990, using a degree applying and separating, would boost that. 20 degrees Leo is an approximate, as the planets being transited, focussed on the Moon, are probably a bit earlier, and transiting IsisTranspluto enters 18 degrees Leo in 1978.

Tom's question in his Bob Dylan thread made me wonder if you can separate success from talent, and if so what represents them? Obviously Kim Kardashian is successful, but in my opinion she has no talent, and the media makes a lot of talentless nobodies extremely rich, which is what we think of as success. On the other hand, you can look at charts of great artists of other centuries who had massive amounts of talent, but died in poverty, such as Vincent Van Gogh. Ok, Tom specifically used the word fame, and asked what it was in Bob Dylan's chart that made him famous. One thought I am considering is that the Moon is uniquely important regarding success? Not to dismiss its specific rulership of childbirth.