I focused primarily on 1st and 9th. Other houses (e.g. 10th, 2nd) are relevant IMO but not primary.

Re: Jupiter - I'm mistrustful of Jupiter when so configured - motion is retrograde and it's in hard aspects to outer planets - opposite Uranus, square Pluto. Jupiter isn't doing what Jupiter normally does. In chart 1 Jupiter rules 3rd and 6th. In chart 2 Jupiter rules 6th and 10th. The relevance of those houses is something only you and your daughter can really come up with. The question is: Is Jupiter willing and able to perfect the matter?

About the MC degree in chart1 being the ASC in chart 2 - I thought this was probably to do with the conversation you and your daughter had which resulted in rephrasing the question. I did wonder if 10 Cancer was strong in your chart or your daughter's chart (this isn't a request for you to elaborate on that private information - just a thought for you to privately consider if 10 Cancer is pointing to something significant in either of your natal charts).

In the 1st chart Mercury and Venus (rulers of 1st and 9th) are very close together but mutually separating. That mutual separation has got to be a big part of your interpretation IMO.

Added into that, Venus is intensely angular but it's the 7th we're dealing with - IMO it's most likely to mean your daughter isn't fully committed to going through with it (not implying that she should be, or that she is at fault - I don't believe that). Especially so as Venus is retrograde. The intense angularity of Venus (1st ruler) on 7th cusp has got to be a major factor in your interpretation, again IMO.

Another thing that has got to be big part of it is Venus being retrograde and under Sunbeams. If there is a timing issue, then this has got to be a big part of when might be the right time, or when your daughter might at least decide for herself what she wants to do.

2nd chart - Venus still dominates/overcomes the ASC (from up there in the 10th) so there is still this Venus in Aries retro that is at the crux of the whole thing.

In chart 1 Venus is the querent/your daughter so it is something about what her current circumstances/conditions/frame of mind are that has got to come back into the heart of this. There's a process she has started but not yet finished going through which is key to the whole thing.

That's my take on it anyway.
"As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy minde according to the image of Divinity" ~ William Lilly

felipeastrologo wrote:Some thoughts to consider:
Taurus7 wrote:Books, learning, wisdom, scholarships, university, and all forms of higher education.
The knowledge contained in the book is certainly house 9, if is is higher knowledge. If the knowledge in the book is the instructions to the operation of my dishwasher then the knowledge is house 3. If the book is your creation, it is house 5. If the book is your possession it is house 2. Books are usually not house 9.

Context it the most important thing in horary, as well as having a grasp of the notion of "essence", for it is the essence of a house that determines what or who belongs there.

Scholarship is not knowledge, it is not learning, it is not wisdom, it is not a special journey or a "long journey", it is not god or a priest or a scholar. A scholarship does not belong to the essence of house 9.

The closest thing to what a scholarship is is *money*! That is what it is, in "essence", after all. The only peculiarity is that that money has to be spent on a certain educational institution.

A scholarship is "somehting" that is awarded by "someone", therefore it is someone's possession or resource: the 2nd from "someone". That is its "essence"; the core concept. In this case the 2nd from the 9th. If it is given by the govenrment it is the 2nd from the 10th. If it is given by your client it is the 2nd from the 7th, etc.

A "visa" for example, is the 2nd from the government of the country that grants it. It is not "the country", it is not the trip to that country, and it is not the government. It is something that "belongs" to the government that they either sell or give away: 2nd house.
Taurus7 wrote:Notice that it gives scholarships the signification of the 9th house! Which kind of nullifies our premise that scholarships from a University are the 2nd from the 9th, i.e. the 10th.
It does not nullify it. It is an opinion, so far unexplained by the author. If you want to follow that line then it would beneficial to make sure you understand the logic behind it. To me it sounds like just one of the many misunderstandings that cross the life of a traditional astrologer. Maybe the author can come into the discussion and clarify what they mean. If the author is dead we may have a problem.
Taurus7 wrote:The Moon is not strong in the 3rd or in Sagittarius, so I still believe the answer is still probably a "No".
The Moon joys in the 3rd. It is accidentally strong there.
Taurus7 wrote:But my question is - what is Jupiter in the 1st?
Exactly. The Moon it taking Mercury to who knows who, or what. Following the "helper" notion, the Moon may help someone, but not your daughter. If the question for this chart was: "will my brother go to university?" this would be a clear "yes".
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net