is this a valid horary question?

Hello Everybody,

I hope this fits into the new rules of the forum, if not I apologize in advance.

A friend of a friend of mine has been having serious neck problems and the doctors want to operate. However, she doesn't want to ask if she should have the operation; rather, she wants to know: What would fix my neck?

My question to the forum: Is this a valid horary request?

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

There are no new 'rules' of the horary forum, just a reconfirmation of what they have always been.

I would probably find a way to make the question less open ended. It is certainly valid to ask about this issue but horary charts give the clearest answers when the questions are the clearest. To ask what would fix the neck leaves open the possibility of confusion because the options can be open ended. Have the doctors presented other options to her? If so, does she have a preferred option? If she has a preferred option I would probably ask of this option 'Will this fix my neck?' If the doctors are telling her that an operaton is clearly her best option then she could ask the question 'Would an operation fix my neck?' If the chart shows that an operation would fix her neck then she can make a more informed decision about the operation. If the chart shows that an operation would not fix the problems with her neck then she can concentrate on other options.

Let us know if you end up doing a chart. It would be an interesting one to have a look at if you feel like sharing it with us.

Cheers
Sue

Operations

Hello, Sue and others, I also got a question.
The querent asked me "Should I operate my dog". The dog lived in the streets were suffered a lot, and got an hernia, we are worried an operation would be worse because she is good for know.

My question is: I am looking for signs of death, but how can I distinguish between signs of death "if you do an operation" and signs of death "if you don?t do it" ? I hope I am making myself clear.

Saturn, lord of dog?s 8th house, is in the 6th (dog), so I don?t know if this is "operate right away" or "don?t even think about it "

Data: Bogota, 19/05/2005, 74w05, 4n36, 10:40 pm

Thanks for any input.
Yuzuru

Hi Yuzuru,

Personally, I would be looking for signs of recovery rather than death although death will show up in the chart if it is likely. By asking this question you really want to know if this is the best option for the dog. If the chart indicated recovery then the operation is a good idea but if the chart indicates that an operation would not be successful then it is probably best to leave the operation.

Sometimes the best option is to do nothing.

What is the place or time zone for the chart?

Time zone

Sorry not to post the time zone, my software do it all by itself, so I got lazy :-)
Bogota is in GMT -5h
Thank you for your input, Sue. If you have any other clues I would apreciate very much, because I lack the objectivity to do an clear judgment, because is a very loveable dog

Yuzuru