Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Great Man in the Hospital

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkF

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Great Man in the Hospital Reply with quote

A friend of mine asked me to do a chart to see the prognosis for someone who’s in the hospital. He is in very critical condition and the next few days are going to be tough. This is a really great man who’s sick. I only know him a bit but I know his wife better. She is a strong, funny, wonderful person and she doesn’t deserve this. They are both well-loved people and last night the city held a vigil for him. About 300 people showed up including the Mayor of Washington.

The data for the question is May 16, 1:28 PM EDT, Washington, DC, 38° N 53’ 42’, 77° W 2’ 12”.

I get an ASC of 5° 27’ Virgo, so my friend is Mercury in the 9th house. The man in the hospital is his friend, so he’s the Moon in the 12th. The first thing I do in a sick person chart is to compare the essential dignity of the person’s health (their 1st house) with the strength of their illness (their 6th house). The Moon is peregrine. His illness is the 6th away from the 11th, the radical 4th, so that’s Jupiter. Jupiter is stronger, +4, but it gets all of its strength from mutual reception, not from being in its own sign or exaltation. It’s in mutual reception by exaltation with Saturn and by term with Venus. So Saturn and Venus are helping the illness here. So on that alone, the illness is stronger than his health, which is a bad sign.

The 11th house has a badly debilitated Saturn in it. Saturn is the natural sign of death and in this chart it rules the radical 6th house – illness, and his turned 8th house – loss and death. So take your pick, both are bad signs.

The turned 6th house has the part of fortune in it. It has just separated from an opposition with Venus. I’ll tease everyone with this, because I think that Venus tells the story of what has happened to put this poor man in the hospital. Venus is angular, and being in the 10th dominates the chart. I’ll give you a hint, look at both Venus’s natural rulership and it’s sign and the house it rules.

Pluto in the turned 6th also emphasizes the serious nature of the condition.

The Moon, which rules the man in the hospital is in the 12th house and is less than 1° from switching signs. I think that shows that his condition is hopeless and that perhaps death is near. The radical 8th house is ruled by Jupiter, which as I’ve said above, rules his illness. Jupiter also rules the conjunction of Mars and Uranus, which are conjunct, the DSC and opposite to the ASC. They also seem to describe what happened to him.

The man is a volunteer policeman. Am I wrong, or can that be seen from the Moon being in Leo? Doesn’t Leo have to do with those in authority? Lilly talks about the Sun describing “any man in authority.” Does that make sense or am I reaching for straws?

The Moon’s most recent contact was with a square with the Sun. The Sun rules the 12th house. That re-emphasizes that his condition is beyond help.

I have some trouble explaining that past sextile with Venus though. If as I think, Venus shows what happened to him, and it was not something nice, then how can it have been a sextile? Any thoughts here?

Keep this wonderful man and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited by MarkF on Tue May 17, 2005 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
siraxi

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting horary chart, indeed!

The Sun, ruler of the turned 6th (the disease) from the 7th (the man) is right on Algol (applying to conjunction) indicating a very serious condition.

The Moon void of course in the last degree tells that nothing will come and change the current situation for a while.

Jupiter, his significator, is retrograde in the turned 8th (facing death, yet not hurrying to die) applying to a sextile to the Part of Fortune on Antares (end of a cycle) indicating a slow and peaceful passing.

Yet I don't think that the death is very near. It'll take some time until that happens. How long, I don't know, the Moon is cadent in a fixed sign, I cannot estimate.

Another interesting way to see this chart is by considering the quesited house the 10th: "great man". It is in Gemini, ruler Mercury in the turned 12th (he's in the hospital). applying by sextile (harmonious aspect) to Mars, ruler of the turned 12th indicating the remaining in the chronic, critical condition in the hospital.
HoraryQueen

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about this - I hope all involved at the very least have some peace and comfort.

I haven't drawn up the chart but one small point hits me straight away and I believe this is general practice - for some things you don't turn the houses, particularly the 8th and 12th house since death is death and does not really belong to a specific person. Some things are too big to belong and therefore these things just keep their radical position.

Also, have you ever worked with 'Decumbiture' charts?
MarkF

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siraxi,

I didn't use the 7th house for this person because of the relationships invloved. My friend asked me to do the chart for him, so he's the 1st house. The man who's in the hospital is a friend of the person asking for the chart, so he's the 11th house. I am very sure about this part.

Horary Queen,

Thanks for that bit of advice. I am finally getting the hang of when to turn the chart. Obviously this one you have to turn it for the basics, since my friend who asked the question is not really involved in the question other than as a concerned friend. So I feel pretty sure about using the 11th house to indicate the man's health and general condition and the 6th from the 11th, the radical 4th, to represent his illness.

If you could, take a look at that opposition between Venus and the POF. I suspect that it describes the situation that put him in the hospital very well.
yuzuru

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: maybe Reply with quote

MarkF, I think this is the kind of case that holding information will only prejudice considerations, not the other way around. What you said about venus and stuff let me confuse if this man is just sick or something else has happened. If he is known to be poisoned, shot, etc, is an information that I wouldn´t look normally, and is important to be given prior to analysis.

Venus is ruler of 3rd and intercepted in 9th: He works in a newspaper ? This doesn´t seen to fit my "volunteer police" image... Mars has a lot of power in this chart, and is separating from Uranus in the house of enemies, so I would guess he was shot, but this is not an disease, so I am obviously wrong. Venus opposing part of fortune in the 4th house of real estate would made me think in an robbery. The only disease I can think about is venereal, which I think is clearly not the case !

Quote:
The man is a volunteer policeman. Am I wrong, or can that be seen from the Moon being in Leo? Doesn’t Leo have to do with those in authority?

I think not, but remember that moon is conjunct Regulus, star of honor and kings, which is proper to a man that "About 300 people showed up including the Mayor of Washington"

I don´t have a lot of time now to review the Lilly`s rules for diseases, but I agree that it doesn´t look good, but MAYBE the void of course moon means that the real question "will he die" will not hold true, but I wouldn´t keep my hopes high.

Quote:
If as I think, Venus shows what happened to him, and it was not something nice, then how can it have been a sextile?

It´s just a guess, but, if I love somebody, I would be glad if I find an square aspect with reception, because it show that despite the problems we like eachother and we want to be togheter. So I´m thinking that even an sextile with an significator of disease or death is very bad, only soften in someway. It is possible that it only mean that he will "suffer little".
MarkF

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I withheld the exact nature of the situation because I am not sure if I am reading more into the chart than what is really there.

The situation is that the man was a volunteer policeman and was directing traffic at a very busy intersection. A young teenage girl mowed him down and he sustained a massive head wound.

When I do a chart I first look for the significators and then at any planets that are angular. What I noticed was that the part of fortune was opposite Venus and both are angular. Venus = young woman. It’s in Gemini, which is a mutable sign, having to do with transitions, and transportation. Venus also rules the 3rd house here, i.e., cars. So Venus here could mean a young woman in a car coming to opposition with him.

Since the fixed stars were brought up on here already, I took a look at this chart from that perspective.

The man in the hospital is signified by the Moon at 29° Leo 51’. The great star Regulus is at 29° 50’ in the year 2000. That is amazingly close.

The Sun is also very close to Algol. The Sun is at 25° Taurus 56’, while Algol is at 26° Taurus 10’.

Saturn is with Pollux. Saturn is at 23° Cancer 3’, while Pollux is at 23° Cancer 10’.

I am far from sure about how to use the fixed stars. Regulus seems to have the quality of the better side of Mars, power and military success, but it’s also linked with violence and death.

Algol is one star that seems to have a very definite reputation and that is with “loosing one’s head”. This does fit the man’s condition, as this was a severe blow to the head. The Moon’s last aspect was a square with the Sun.

This is a really descriptive chart.
yuzuru

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Disease Reply with quote

As I said before, I think that the information about the car hitting (? - I am not sure if mowed down is hitted by a car or something else) was very important, because it is not really a disease, like cancer or ebola, is an phisical injury, which helps me understand the mars, uranus efect in this chart.

Notice that Venus/Mars share the signification of the 3rd house, mars in the 7th of enemies.

I still don´t see why part of fortune is important

Regulus in this case don´t have a good meaning, it in general announces the death of great man
Yuzuru
siraxi

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: Great Man in the Hospital Reply with quote

MarkF wrote:
A friend of mine asked me to do a chart to see the prognosis for someone who’s in the hospital.

Dear Mark: these are your words. Someone who is in the hospital is not an expression that suggests a friend. That's why I assigned the 7th house for him.

Let's chose a house which describes this person. The only thing we know about him is that he is a volunteer policeman. I think that the 7th house cusp in Pisces (volunteer work) and Mars in the 7th house (policeman) fits very well the situation. Much better than the 11th house of friends in Cancer, with Saturn inside.

Mars (turned 3rd ruler, =traffic) separating from Uranus (=accidents) in the 7th house (=him) describes perfectly what happened to him... Jupiter (7th house ruler, =him) separates from an quincunx with these planets.

The 6th house ruler, the Sun on Algol (the head injury) in the turned 3rd house shows also the conditions of the accident - in traffic.

Venus is ruler of the intercepted sign in the turned 3rd house - that would be the young girl who hit him.
MarkF

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thousand times NO!

This is very basic. Since my friend asked me to do the chart, HE is the 1st house. It all flows from that one basic premise. This is no different from any other chart that a client asks you to do. The querant is always the 1st house. Once I was asked this question I asked him if this injured and now deceased man was a friend of his, and he said yes. So that makes the deceased man the 11th house.

He died last night, after never regaining consciousness. The guy who asked me the question was at his side with the rest of the man's family.

Another thought, Saturn in his turned 1st house, besides indicating a grave condition also shows a dull blow to the head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: