Been some great results here. Would love to know more about John's method for picking trainers.

Gold Cup 15:30.

Addey campanus 5th cusp at 1:42 Sag - applies to antiscion of sun at 2:48 libra.

Sun rules 1st and squares saturn.

Moon in fall - I think tends to favour a favourite - but hour ruler in 10th - mars in detriment says a long shot.

Native River 4/1 (pisces = water)
Sizing John 7/1 (sun sq saturn, sun rules 1st for a "name")

Champagne West 14/1 (pastels pisces colours, sun in western quarter)

Sizing John (yellow and green, red hat - significator in terms of mars)
Minella Rocco(yellow and green stripes)
Native River (jup royal colours in quarters)
Djakadam (pastels)

1st and 3rd, happy with that :)

Sun sq saturn was closest aspect in chart - sun ruled first and was in 8th. Sizing up john for his coffin perhaps?

john wrote:Ascending Degree: This is early days and if it has any success then I cannot claim full credit. Basically each rising degree indicates a successful moment for an individual trainer or jockey or trainer/jockey combination. Once you pick the trainer/jockey then the horse picks itself.
Hi John, can you explain more or is more info on this method available anywhere? How does this correlation work? Are you available to talk to astro groups about this? Can I PM you? Thanks![/b]

Fleur wrote:Friday 17th March Cheltenham 2.50pm.

I don't know why but I am drawn to Electric Concorde. Maybe Uranus trining the Ascendant.

I don't know much about horse racing, or even how to place a bet. I don't even understand odds, or what odds of winning this horse has. I don't usually pay much attention to trines. I might do a very small bet on Electric Concorde.
Totally wrong. The winners were 1. Penhill. 2. Monalee. 3. Wholestone.

No idea how those relate to the 2.50 chart. Maybe Saturn 27.5 degrees Sagittarius near the fifth house cusp. Maybe that Addey thing about the fifth house cusp matters after all. A hill is a hurdle, and a Lee is something to do with the side of a hill or mountain? A stone is hard so Saturn.

Well that was fun!

I hope those reading these posts over the last few days have enjoyed the 'real time' ups and downs of a horse racing festival. Also a thank you to everyone who has posted on this thread, we've enjoyed your contributions.

We think we had astrological fatigue by last night.

Just dealing with the astrology for today:

On Addey, a few winners were noted.

For the Angles, there was a place.

For the Ascending degree, there were a few placed horses.

This was were the fatigue came in: For example the 14.10 Artic Fire was gettable by Addey and Angles. My suggestion was Renneti , trained by Mullins and the winner was a Mullins horse. This was the same for the next race at 14.50 when a Mullins horse was picked and another Mullins horse won

As for the Gold Cup, John had been sizing up every horse at Cheltenham this week, I should have said the cosmos would pick out Sizing John as the winner. Well done to those of you who mentioned the winner, by whichever method. For those of you interested in Al-Kindi, Native River was a good example of a horse with a lighter tail than its body.

16.10, I picked the Nicholls trained short-odds horse for the Ascending Degree and missed his long-odds horse, with Nicholls getting first and second places.

These are examples of this method being in its early stages, as I can get a trainer but combining it with the correct jockey was missing for both Nicholls and Mullins today.

16.50, we wrote down the winner, by Addey, but never mentioned it. The last race highlighted the winner but I suggested other horses.

A list of examples were the fatigue had set in!

PallasAthene, thank you for your comments. I do talks at our local group occasionally. I will PM you with my email if this helps.

If you or anyone wants to go through anything that's been done, including the astrological 'what and how to pick' and the separate 'when to pick' for the gamblers, I'll gladly join in and go in to some more detail.

I may be tempted to do something similar again, but not over four days.

Aintree - Grand National - only 3 days : ) 6-8 April so very soon.

The races are run at the same time each day so the same significators tend to come up. 8+ versions of sun in pisces? I do think the charts are still valid - but it does get harder for the reader to interpret due to being human and not divine.

I've been asked to say some more about the Ascending Degree method I used for the Cheltenham Festival.

It is quite simple, in that I note when Trainers and Jockeys are successful and see if patterns in the chart repeat. There are a few routes I could pursue but at present I'm noting the Ascending Degree. This seemed to work well enough and I will run with it for the time being.

It is a little different from the method detailed by Joyce Wehrman, but that is due to the speed of the Ascending Sign and that National Hunt is being looked at, rather than the flat.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else decides to run with this technique. I'll see what I can do for Aintree.

Fleur wrote:
Fleur wrote:Friday 17th March Cheltenham 2.50pm.

I don't know why but I am drawn to Electric Concorde. Maybe Uranus trining the Ascendant.

I don't know much about horse racing, or even how to place a bet. I don't even understand odds, or what odds of winning this horse has. I don't usually pay much attention to trines. I might do a very small bet on Electric Concorde.
Totally wrong. The winners were 1. Penhill. 2. Monalee. 3. Wholestone.

No idea how those relate to the 2.50 chart. Maybe Saturn 27.5 degrees Sagittarius near the fifth house cusp. Maybe that Addey thing about the fifth house cusp matters after all. A hill is a hurdle, and a Lee is something to do with the side of a hill or mountain? A stone is hard so Saturn.
What in astrology represents a hill or mountain? Mona seems like mountain. The Lee is the sheltered side of a mountain. Pen as in peninsula, where the sea has worn away three sides of the land leaving a semi-island.

I am wondering if Mars in Taurus behind the Midheaven after all represents the moved earth of a hill or mountain as in Penhill and Monalee? Strange that Mars had nothing to do with Tin Soldier or Battleford though. Maybe because it didn't take into account the Taurus half of it?

Fleur wrote:
Fleur wrote:Maybe that Addey thing about the fifth house cusp matters after all.
Certainly does! My favourite method.

Mercury in aries in the 8th is the significator for the addey chart.

Aries rules hilly land, and land used for grazing - and land where criminals might hide! Wiki says Penhill in North Yorks is not very high for a hill.

Penhill also has evidence of occupation by the Knights Templar. (This is why I love the Addey method - you have to research meanings and you learn so much along the way...gemini NN here!)
Mercury rules the 11th - supporters of the king - and in aries - well, didn't they start the Crusades?

Were the templars ever outlawed in England? (places where criminals hide)