Such a lot of information to sift through, I don't know where to begin. I had a very cursory glance at the chart of the Cheltenham race of 17th March 2017 at 2.50pm and it has Mars at 5 degrees Taurus 28 minutes behind the Midheaven at 8 degrees Taurus 10 minutes; its Ascendant is 22 degrees Leo 09 minutes.

There are a lot of horses running in that race
http://www.racingpost.com/horses2/cards ... ceTabs=lc_

Just from a quick glance, from the horse's name, I wondered if Battleford relates to Mars in the Midheaven Gauquelin position? Battleford was born on 3rd April 2011, and has a lot of planets in Aries, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter and Uranus. The Mars Uranus conjunction is less than one degree orb. It has Mercury 23 degrees Aries 46 minutes (using guessed at birth time of 2am) so transiting Uranus at the race is conjunct it's Mercury.

I didn't even look at the other horses' charts or consider their names in the light of other aspects of the race chart. Mars seems to correspond to Battle.

I don't know much about the astrology of horse racing, but I seem to remember last time I ploughed through all the information that a lot of horses are born within a couple of months of each other, as unlike humans they don't give birth more or less equally throughout the year? So maybe many of those others are also Pisces, Aries and Taurus Sun's, and maybe about the same age? I noticed that Electric Concorde was born on 9th April 2011, so will also have a lot of planets in Aries.
Last edited by fleur on Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charts. Be aware that as I do not know the horses' times of birth I am using 2am, as births tend to happen in the early hours of the morning. It is just to give a rough idea.

*For Entertainment Purposes Only*

I thought I should detail a few methods for picking horses over the next few days for the Cheltenham Festival.

This is the time when I ?crash and burn? with my suggestions, however it may be of interest to see how different approaches perform over the next few days. I have time constraints so will do as many as I can; either that or I?m doing so badly it would be better if I stopped!

The methods are:

Addey Campanus 5th House Cusp. This involves moving the 5th cusp forwards to find the next aspect and choosing the horse name with the most appropriate poetic metaphor. Others on this Forum are stronger advocates for this approach. I will include the aspect I can see but appreciate others may want to use different aspects to different bodies or cusps. It?s been said on another thread that this approach may be better when inexperienced horses are running and with my limited use of this technique, I would tend to agree.

Angles: This is similar to the ?Addey? method but looks for planets aspecting either the Ascendant or Midheaven axis. The position can possibly be before or after these angles, again poetic metaphor is used to choose the horse name.

Al-Kindi: Al-Kindi was a 9th Century astrologer who used planetary hours and decan rulers to decide the colour and markings of the winning horse. The strongest aspect to the planetary hour ruler also influences the colour. I?ll provide more detail for each race. As an example, if the planetary hour was Mars you would look for a red/chestnut coloured horse. If all the horses are bay coloured then it will become apparent they are different shades and so choose the more martial/red/chestnut coloured horse. If anyone is thinking of watching the races on television they can pick the most appropriate coloured horse before the race and see how it performs. This seems to work better soon after the planetary hour changes.

Ascending Degree: This is early days and if it has any success then I cannot claim full credit. Basically each rising degree indicates a successful moment for an individual trainer or jockey or trainer/jockey combination. Once you pick the trainer/jockey then the horse picks itself.

:lala

choosing the horse name with the most appropriate poetic metaphor.
I've always thought astrology is a language of poetic metaphor regardless of the chart one is interpreting.

Yes, Miss Cleo - your Moon will sesquiquadrate your progressed Jupiter on the 23rd! :-?

2.10 - Royal Caviar
2.50 - Noble Endeavour
3.30 - Buveur D'air (either Air Conditioner or Air Drinker) NAP
4.10 - Hidden Identity - a 200/1 long shot
4.50 - Beware The Bear

I'm only backing Buveur D'air and i'm going to have a small e/w acca on all those selections at 1,880,454/1.

Stranger things have happened.
Verum e

ModWasp wrote:2.10 - Royal Caviar
2.50 - Noble Endeavour
3.30 - Buveur D'air (either Air Conditioner or Air Drinker) NAP
4.10 - Hidden Identity - a 200/1 long shot
4.50 - Beware The Bear
I agree on the 2.10 and 2.50.
For the 3.30 I have Moon Racer
In the 4.10 I looked at Hidden Identity but rejected it as too long odds.
Instead I have Briery Queen
For the 4.50 Martello Tower

By the way, these use my interpretation of Addey.

Cheltenham Tue 13.30

Addey 11 Scorpio trine Neptune Pisces (Beyond Conceit)

Angles ? Venus 9th <3 MC (Beyond Conceit). Moon opposite MC <3 (Melon). Mars square Asc (River Wylde).

Al-Kindi LH Mars Decan Mercury. Derived Mercury 12th from Mars. No aspects
Chestnut (or most chestnut tones) horse with no strong markings.
Two chestnuts in race ? Melon and Crack Mome

Asc degree Fix 6
Trainer/Jockeys: MullinsW/Townend(Bunk Off Early) KingA/Hutchinson(Elgin) TwistonDaviesN/TwistonDaviesS(Ballyandy) Henderson/Boinville(River Wylde)

Suggestion: Ballyandy, has full Moon on silks, in red and associated with Fixed 6 degrees