The Correct Rising Times of the Sidereal Zoidia.

Hello everyone,

There is a difference in the calculation of the rising times of the zoidia between the programs Delphic Oracle and Porphyry Magus 2 and I am wondering which one has the correct calculation.

I calculated a chart for Rome, Italy (41N54, 12E29, UTC+1) for today, 14th of February 2017 at 9.20.00 pm. Using the Aldebaran 15 ayanamsha I get an Ascendant of 14.48 or 14.49 Virgo.

Take a look at the charts.

The first one is by Porphyry Magus 2:
The second one is from Delphic Oracle:

As Porphyry Magus is not easy on the eyes, I transferred its calculations to the same circle as of Delphic Oracle, so that one can easily compare.

From Porphyry Magus 2 but in a DO like circle done by hand by me:

From Delphic Oracle:

One sees that the calculations are reversed for each pair of zoidia and those in Porphyry Magus 2 are rounded.

When I wrote to Rumen Kolev he told me to check for myself which the correct calculation is by using the hours and minutes function of a program and to see how long it takes for a zoidion to rise.
I forwarded an article by Rob Hand about this issue to Curtis Manwaring and he told me he had used the same formulas as Hand.

O.A. = R.A. - A.D.

A.D. = arcsin(tan Decl. x tan Latitude)

Here is the article:

http://cura.free.fr/quinq/01hand.html

I would grateful if anyone can help resolve this issue once and for all, especially given how key the use of the rising times is for the ancient predictive techniques.
Ancient and Chinese Astrology:

https://www.100percentastrology.com/

I have this fixed in the XPF version and it will be out with version 9.0.1.9. I'll do the same with the WL version later.

The formula wasn't the problem, but the initialization was. I had the ayanamsa set to subtract and hidden in the value was the fact that ayanamsa was already negative which caused the value to be added instead of subtracted.
Curtis Manwaring
Zoidiasoft Technologies, LLC