Is Mercury translating light?

Hello!

Just a technical question, right now Mercury is in Capricorn. It will change signs and apply to Venus and Mars in Aries, as Venus and Mars do not complete a conjunction since Venus goes retrograde, can Mercury translate light between them seeing as it has to change signs first? Is this a valid translation of light? I'm concerned that the change of sign somehow invalidates the translation of light for my chart where querent and quesited are Venus and Mars.

thanks for your help!

Translation of Light / Transference of Virtue - occurs when an inferior planet, whilst still within orb of its last separating aspect, is already within orb of its next aspect. [See Glossary]

From the 14th, when Mercury is in Aquarius and within orb of sextile separation from Venus and within orb of sextile Application to Mars, translation of light occurs.
A suitable Valentine's Day tryst?

Re: Is Mercury translating light?

I would factor it into the interpretation.

Whatever the planets are doing is descriptive of what the people involved are doing.

Venus and Mars are the sigs for querent and quesited, so what are Venus and Mars doing? They're almost conjoining but Venus is slowing down and backing off from Mars while Mars is going ahead. So Venus and Mars are separating.

That's the first thing.

Then what happens?

Mercury comes along, having changed signs (with whatever description fits that), and sextiles Venus then sextiles Mars, who are separating.

Because the Moon is faster, it's obviously going to make aspects to Mercury etc before these Mercury to Venus then Mars aspects happen.

Has there been any outcome yet? Or any further developments that show what it means?

"As thou daily conversest with the heavens, so instruct and form thy minde according to the image of Divinity" ~ William Lilly