Astrologers' Constellations

Astrologers? Constellations

I have made a study of about 50 astrologers? charts looking for astrologers? degrees, as did Charles Carter before me.
Since I have a particular interest in fixed stars I have also discovered a preponderance of placements in astrologers' charts in the so called ?modern? constellations. Many of these constellations were created during the 17th and 18th centuries to commemorate the scientific progress that was occurring in Western Europe during this time.

The constellations concerned are Reticulum, Horologium, Microscopium, Telescopium, Sextans and Octans. It is obvious (to me anyway) why these would have a symbolic connection with astrologers.

Placements in the first three are the most impressive because there are fewer stars in them.

What is particularly interesting is that the current tropical position (by which I mean for the past several hundred years) of the first three constellations have stars in Aries, Pisces and early Taurus. The Pisces/Virgo axis has already been found by Charles Carter to be tenanted frequently in astrologers? charts.

Nearly every chart I have examined has some placement in Reticulum, some very much more than others. If we had really accurate birth times (which I don?t think any of us do and I?m talking to the arc minute) there would undoubtedly be more to be found associated with the ?arabic? parts.

If anyone is interested in this I would be prepared to list the stars in the first three constellations so that people can check their own charts. Perhaps they would like to post their findings.

There are too many for me to list the stars in the latter three but their tropical positions are in Sagittarius and Capricorn and I could look them up if there were requests.

I have been building up my own star catalogue from various sources. These constellations are not readily available on most astrology software.

Vicki wrote:
Since I have a particular interest in fixed stars I have also discovered a preponderance of placements in astrologers' charts in the so called ?modern? constellations. Many of these constellations were created during the 17th and 18th centuries to commemorate the scientific progress that was occurring in Western Europe during this time.

The constellations concerned are Reticulum, Horologium, Microscopium, Telescopium, Sextans and Octans. It is obvious (to me anyway) why these would have a symbolic connection with astrologers.
Vicki, as an astrologer who also researches fixed stars, may I ask some questions?

(1) Are you considering only conjunctions to these stars?

(2) What bodies or points are you including in your research? Asc/MC/planets/house cusps?? How did you decide which planets/points to include in the research?

(3) What orb are you using between a point or planet in the horoscope and the star?

(4) How did you select your 50 astrologers? Can you list their names here?

Thank you,

Therese
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

Thank you for your interest Therese.

1. Yes only conjunctions.

2. I decided to include everything. Personal points such as Asc/MC etc are preferable but unreliable normally.

3.A very tight orb - just a few arc minutes but some leeway has to operate to look at the composite picture of the chart. For instance my natal Jupiter is 20 arc mins from Eta Reticulum. Clearly all other people born on the same day as me are not going to be astrologers! However my Jupiter has a strong aspect to Lord 9 (the Moon) and there are many other indications in my chart such as a heavily tenanted Virgo/Pisces axis.
Zeta Reticuli is on the midpoint between my Part of Fortune and my Sun. My Part of Fortune which is in itself on a star in Telescopium directed to Zeta Reticuli when I first started to study astrology.

4. No I cannot list the astrologers. Some people gave me their birth details in confidence and I will respect that. Some of them famous, some less so.

Vicki wrote:
3.A very tight orb - just a few arc minutes but some leeway has to operate to look at the composite picture of the chart. For instance my natal Jupiter is 20 arc mins from Eta Reticulum. Clearly all other people born on the same day as me are not going to be astrologers! However my Jupiter has a strong aspect to Lord 9 (the Moon)...
Yes, I might also count a planet in close aspect to the Moon. Can you possibly give the orb range you used? Say "between zero (partile) and...30 arc minutes..." or whatever you used. This is so others can check charts using the same parameters.
Zeta Reticuli is on the midpoint between my Part of Fortune and my Sun. My Part of Fortune which is in itself on a star in Telescopium directed to Zeta Reticuli when I first started to study astrology.
So did you include midpoints in all the research, or are you only listing this midpoint as support for your PF being on a star in Telescopium?
4. No I cannot list the astrologers. Some people gave me their birth details in confidence and I will respect that. Some of them famous, some less so.
That's O.K. There are more than 2000 data for astrologers in ADB that can be used for research. I would choose those who have made astrology a career.

I assume that you and most other astrologers have used Anne Wright's site, which is probably the best on-line site for the positions of stars in the tropical zodiac. Anne has done a very thorough and fantastic job with her site. http://www.constellationsofwords.com/
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm