who's what in horary question?

I have a question that is confusing me...I have a friend who's husband is having an affair, and I was wondering if he would leave her for the new woman (I am hoping he doesn't, but...) anyway, I asked the question "will he leave his wife for his girlfriend? The part I'm confused about...which house rulers represent him, his wife, and the "other woman"? Am I still the first since I'm the querent? Or does he become the first, his wife the seventh, and the girlfriend fifth from the seventh? Can anyone give some insight? Thanks if you can help! Also, just to clarify, my friend, the wife, doesn't know I have done this and I was just doing it out of my own curiousity, so she didn't ask the question, I did.

My thoughts

She didn?t ask, you did, you are not really envolved, you were curious and had some concerns, probably know that there is nothing really you can do to change any outcomes. So you are the first, as in most cases like that.

Your friend is the 11th
Your friend?s husband is the 7th from 11th, the 5th.
And your friend?s husband?s girfriend ? Is a very common doubt, where to put the "mistress"
Well, you don?t put it, there isn`t the mistress house !
I would have to see the chart to give some possibilities, for example:

1 - venus (maybe even the moon) are good significators for the "other woman"
2 - maybe the 3rd house from the 11th, but that would be the ASC, and that could be confusing.
3 - See the planets the Moon is making aspect to or separating from
4 - If Husband and Wife are in aspect, is any other planet trying to interpose ?
5 - What are the planets the Ruler of the Husband is aspecting ?

In a final note, I hope your friend find about it and break up ! Anyone deserves better than that. And always remember that:

We Men are not pigs ... Pigs are inteligent, kind and clean animals !
:P
Yuzuru

Hi Yuzuru, that was very helpful. Here is what I see...Scorpio is ruling the 11th, and Taurus is ruling the fifth, so I am looking at mars and venus as the husband and wife. Venus is posited in the fifth in gemini, and making an applying square to mars. Mars is conjunct uranus and uranus is actually in between the two, conjunct the third house cusp. Ok. the moon is making an applying conjunction to saturn in the seventh...well, here's the chart info....May 12th 2005, 10:46 p.m., seneca falls, new york. My gut feeling is that with mars and venus in square aspect, as well as uranus conjunct mars, it doesn't look good for my friend. I don't really know enough to go much farther than that, but what is your opinion? Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I haven't looked at this chart yet but to be honest I wouldn't automatically, necessarily, definitely turn the houses. If I felt like I was just asking a question on someone else's behalf and I wasn't really sure it had anything to do with me, I'd possibly just pretend the interested party asked it. However, I would also remain open to the interpretation as it stands with turning the houses and look for which interpretation of the situation as it stands fits better.

One of the basic premises of horary is that the querent 'has a personal interest' in the outcome being questioned. If the person doing the chart doesn't really have this interest then perhaps it might be better reading it from the standpoint of the person who does have a personal interest.

I agree with Yuzuru that it may be difficult to find the mistress: it may be any of the things Yuzuru suggested or a planet which is in strong reception with the husband's significator(s) and/or strong negative reception with the wife's.

One thing though, Yuzuru, I am not sure why you have suggested 3rd from 11th - would you mind please explaining this to me, for the greater good of my learning process :)

Thank you very much.
Susan,
Edinburgh.
www.horaryqueen.co.uk

Hi

Hello, before I forgot, I am a little worried about Pluto afflicting the ASC ! Last time we had an horary with that in this forum, the person asked had a car crash... As this is the 3rd from your friend, I would say that maybe is the case to left the car at home for a couple of weeks, just for prevention.

To Horary Queen: The 3rd from the 11th is a procedure that I am not sure about it at all, but it is a possibility :-) Some people say that when you have two similar significators (example, two sons, two bosses, a husband and a ex-husbands, actual job and new job), you can have a better look at the chart if you consider the significator 3 houses ahead. For example my first son is 5th, my second son is 7th (obvious that only for a question that the two sons are envolved). Actual Job would be 10th, new job 12th, and in my head I thought it would make sense that an old job would be the 8th :-)

So, I think that if the husband is replacing the friend, his new lover would be the 3rd from 11th... I am saying very clearly that I don?t know who developed this, if has any roots at all in tradition or if it useful, because I never did it in practice, so it was just a guess. "More research is needed" :-)

About the turning houses, I find this subject a lot of pain, and would like to shoot who came up with this :-) But I am translating it in very simple words, I (first house) want to know if my friend (11th) and her husband (5th house) will break up. If this doesn?t work I am in trouble. :-? I am not in favor of "you are asking in behalf of your friend, so you`re the first house", because she is not really connected to the subject, or can act about it... When I ask about somebody else, I only use the first when is an person who has disappeared. I know this is not a final answer... I am also confused about the significators, because a Mars for the wife and a venus for the cheating husband don?t seen right for me....

Portoquin, she is just an friend, or more of an accquainted ? If she is more of a co-worker that, you like her, but if you change your job you will never heard of her again, than she is 3rd house, not 11th...

Back to the question, I don?t like the look of some stars and arabic parts conjunct ASC... There is an star conjunct mercury that seens to protect marriage.
Venus is posited in the fifth in gemini, and making an applying square to mars.
It would be a good sign, because the husband is a cheater, but in my chart it is in the sixth ! Are you using Regiomontanus ?

Well, the applying aspect seens to mean that they will get together again, but without reception by venus (mar is in venus exaltation) I wouldn?t be too cheerful about it.

Althought Jupiter is in general an masculine planet, I think it represents the mistress ! What do you guys (girls) think ? If I am correct the marriage is doomed, because despite the distance between application Venus-Jupiter is greater, Jupiter is retrograte and will meet with venus faster than mars, frustrating mars. Sorry.

Also, Mars and a lot of planets are in the 4th house of your friend, which can mean endings, the dispositor of the 4th is Saturn (in the 8th house by the 5 degrees rule, which again remember us of endings) and the moon will soon conjunct Saturn, probably ending this matter for better or worse in 5 days or weeks ?

Anybody has an different view ? Maybe the sextile between moon and sun could sabe the marriage ?
Yuzuru

Hi Yuzuru...I am using astrodienst to throw my charts. Strangely enough, I associated Jupiter with the mistress as well when I looked at this chart, and it looked to me as if he would leave wife for her. I don't have a logical explanation for that feeling, it was just sort of intuitive. As far as Pluto on the ascendent, that for some reason has never bothered me, perhaps because pluto is conjunct my birth ascendent. Not scary at all! I tend to view pluto as showing some sort of transformation, and since I am the querent in this question, I just viewed it as though something would change in my life, and it's true, I know that if he leaves her, she will move to be closer to her family, so I will, in a sense, lose my friend. And she is my best friend. I don't want to lose her!