Thanks Breeze!
I think you are quite on the spot! I have the same feeling, too. As I said above I have some contacts, but none of them is really specialized in my subject...
I agree with you that I cannot figure out the role of PoF in the ASC, too.
So, let's see my current supervisor's reaction first.
I'll keep you and everybondy in the forum informed!
Thank you,
aelia
aelia

aelia wrote:This chart is about the possibility of finding another supervisor -professor in order to continue and complete my phd
Just the "possibility"? Like in philosophy?...

That is not a question, Aelia. You have to ask a question and explain the context and actions involved in the question.

Are you actively looking for a professor? Are you asking about a particular person? Are you asking in general? What do you want to know exactly?

Horary does not work without a context. Lots of wrong horary answers are caused by astrologers interpreting charts without a clear context.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Hello Felippe!
Since last year I have been talking with 4 professors in my city's university, but my subject is not their ''area'', so they cannot support it...
I know the best one is in New York, but I cannot afford for it :(
So, my question was not limited to one specific person.
I keep searching all the time, I attend their courses, now I am considering taking another course in another university, but its professors are not really ''top'' in in my subject...
I have to see what will turn up with my current professor, I suppose :???:
By the way, is he present in this second chart?

aelia
aelia

Thinking better the context of my question, I admit that although my question was ''general'' for finding anorther supervisor, a professor that has not yet respond to me was prevailing in my mind that moment, indeed...

That's why I thought that Mars being near to my asc, was possible to accept somehow?!
But, I doubt if she can accept, because although my phd is near to her competence area, it's not her speciality...
:? :o that's why there is separating aspect?
We certainly have contrasting academic ideas (hard but minor aspect) but in general it's a helpful and conscientious person...

Do these data help somehow?
aelia
aelia

Mars on the asc shows you are thinking of a/the professor and the matter weighing on your mind. By itself it shows no more than that.

You have to be specific about what you ask. If you asked about the lady professor then the answer is about her. If not then the asnwer is to some other person or question. You have to be clear.

If the question was: will the lady professor become my supervisor? Then look at applying aspects, dignity and receptions.

Mars is going to conjoin Jupiter by antiscion. Mars is dignified and is in Jupiter's sign. Great. If the concern is being accepted the anser is "yes". That is the essence of reception right there: Mars is receptive to Jupiter.

But: Jupiter is in the 8th house and is in Mars' detriment. The Moon is in detriment and combust. Mars, Jupiter's antiscion and the ascendant are on Neptune. There is obscurity in the situation; multiple testimonies. You are not seeing clearly and you reject Mars, while the Moon exalts Mars: you have an internal contradiction about this prarticular professor. Since the aspect is between Mars and Jupiter I think you are probably opting out of this particular professor.

A separating aspect means a contact in the past, if such contact was relevant and existed. If not, it just means nothing relevant.
--
Felipe Oliveira

The truth is that I am really doubtful about choosing her... :-?
So: Neptune, 8th house placement, debilitated Moon and Jupiter do reflect my mind, here.
I don't know if it is valid, but I specified my question about this lady professor yesterday casting another chart... and I took -judging from my horary's knowledge - a rather "no" answer.
Her significator was contraparallel my ASC, both our significators - her as Moon [gemini in 8th house] and me as Mars [pisces in 4th house] in plactile separating square dex, Moon has Mars in face (really poor reception), Mars no reception... I guess now she has her own reservations about the case..., too.
Mars is more strengthful than peregrine Moon.
Interesting also are fixed stars on the significators: Moon on Rigel, Mars on Achernar, Asc on North Scale, having most of them to do with mind and knowledge, if I am right:)
I hesitate bringing this chart into consideration to the forum, as I do not mean to ''overuse'' your time and willingness.
So, till now, I am very grateful for your answers!
aelia
aelia

Hi Aelia,

Yes, you are doubtful, that is exactly what the chart shows by the Moon exalting Mars and Jupiter disliking it. One part of you pulls in one direction the other part in the opposite direction.

Various factors depict your mind. Jupiter in the 8th shows distress of some kind relating to the subject matter. So does the debilitated Moon, which is peculiar because emotionally you exalt Mars but you exalt Mars because you do not feel good about yourself in the situation, not because you really like Mars per se. Neptune and combustion indicate obscurity, blindness, inability to see clearly.

Feel free to post the other chart. I'll comment when I have time. I cannot comment on your comments without a chart. And please, always state the question along with any concerns surrounding the question.
--
Felipe Oliveira

Hi Aelia,

Thanks for the feed back.

I understood the question " will I be able to find another prof " without knowing about that lady prof.

Once again, Felipe is an expert here.

Wishing you the best
Breeze

Felipe and Breeze,

both your readings are valuable for my learning horary, that's why I appreciate your readiness to consult me.
I'll post the other chart next days...

Thank you both of you :D,
aelia
aelia