Fleur wrote:Yes I tend to link IsisTranspluto with Libra. Instinctively I would associate Libra with diabetes....I need to think why.
Consider these analogies:

Libra - Venus - Love - Sugar - Pankreas

Of course, the association between Libra and the pankreas is also shown by the Melothesic Man, a model of astrological anatomy that has proven to be astonishingly accurate in hundreds of cases I analyzed during my work with a medical doctor.
Phoenix comes across as a Libra....but I am probably wrong there.....

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/

Phoenix9061210 wrote:I have Sun in Leo, Ascendant in Aries and so obviously descendant in Libra.

My chart is on the thread about my transits in the blog post there.
I managed to open the link to your chart on your blog.

By the way, be careful with your birth data and giving out your chart. It is like your personal DNA fingerprint.

You have IsisTranspluto in 20 degrees Leo 40 minutes. Antiscion 9 degrees Taurus 20 minutes. So it is conjunct your Mars and its antiscion squares your Venus. I need to look at your chart a lot more before trying to comment, and if you don't want comments about your chart on an internet board, if you ask me to delete my comments I will try to, if the site's software will let me.
Last edited by fleur on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Michael Sternbach wrote:
Fleur wrote:Yes I tend to link IsisTranspluto with Libra. Instinctively I would associate Libra with diabetes....I need to think why.
Consider these analogies:

Libra - Venus - Love - Sugar - Pankreas

Of course, the association between Libra and the pankreas is also shown by the Melothesic Man, a model of astrological anatomy that has proven to be astonishingly accurate in hundreds of cases I analyzed during my work with a medical doctor.
Phoenix comes across as a Libra....but I am probably wrong there.....
Consider also IsisTranspluto. I am probably not diabetic, and have never been diagnosed with it though have a chronic symptom of thirst, which caused the doctor to do tests to rule out diabetes. I don't have any personal planets or chart angles in Libra, but I think strong issues with IsisTranspluto and my Moon. I also have a damaged pancreas from gallstones, they did an ultrasound scan and found all kinds of damage to my pancreatic and bile ducts. Lingering poor digestion, and all kinds of symptoms you might expect. This fits the Moon aspect to IsisTranspluto, to give the exact and illuminating signs and aspects, which involves Saturn, is more than I want to do on an internet board. Just to say, I don't have diabetes according to doctors tests, but my pancreas has chronic damage. And yes there is a connection with sugar, I find it makes me ill and I try to avoid it mostly. I have to be very careful to keep symptoms at bay.

Phoenix9061210 wrote:
sabumnim wrote:The best astrologer to consult about type two diabetes is not Lynn Koiner, but the one who actually has diabetes !

I am a diabetic for four years. It is not a pleasant life.

... lack of finances, generally, from low paying work and or cheap, exploitative employers, overall, which has taken its toll.

When my diabetes is bad, I am nearly blind with sight impairment, can barely read a computer screen, have sharp pains in my lower feet and hands, and also have coma like symptoms !

Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of cold, filtered water is very helpful, in my opinion.
This makes no sense to me. I don't know how you can have those symptoms from having had diabetes for four years.

It sounds like your problems have other causes.

I have been diabetic since 1999 and type 1, which is more serious, and I do not go blind when my bloodsugars are badly out of control.

Also, I don't know anything particularly about the astrology of diabetes so would not claim to that I know more than Lynn Koiner simply because I have diabetes.
Phoenix9061210 wrote:I have Sun in Leo, Ascendant in Aries and so obviously descendant in Libra.

My chart is on the thread about my transits in the blog post there.
I took the liberty to upload your chart.
Here we have Venus in platick conjunction with Mars, out of orb to be sure, but this is counteracted by her being part of a stellium with him, and with the Sun in a mediating position.

She is furthermore at the receiving end of a T-square with Jupiter and - most significantly - Pluto in the seventh house - just where we found him in the previous chart!

Pluto's sign placement in Scorpio underlines the Mars/Pluto/Scorpio influence that is, in connection with Venus/Libra, so prevalent in the charts of diabetics, IME.

Visit my blog:

Maybe Phoenix can remember if anything happened to him about the age of eleven, when Solar Arc Venus progressed to conjunct Mars? Or looked at the other way, converse Solar Arc Mars progressed to conjunct Venus.

Something that in some way could have triggered diabetes, or the first signs of diabetes?

Ah, I just read where you said you were first diagnosed with diabetes in 1999, and you would have turned twelve that year.

I was working backwards from the astrology to the "real" world facts that you had told us.

You also have natal Pluto in 7 degrees Scorpio 15 minutes, so your converse Solar Arc Mars (a degree for a year, backwards) was conjunct your Pluto at about the age of 12, and I usually give one degree applying, or one year,for Solar Arcs.

So your converse Solar Arc Mars was conjunct your Venus and square your Pluto at about the age of eleven or twelve, when you were diagnosed with diabetes.

Fleur wrote:Maybe Phoenix can remember if anything happened to him about the age of eleven, when Solar Arc Venus progressed to conjunct Mars? Or looked at the other way, converse Solar Arc Mars progressed to conjunct Venus.

Something that in some way could have triggered diabetes, or the first signs of diabetes?

Ah, I just read where you said you were first diagnosed with diabetes in 1999, and you would have turned twelve that year.

I was working backwards from the astrology to the "real" world facts that you had told us.

You also have natal Pluto in 7 degrees Scorpio 15 minutes, so your converse Solar Arc Mars (a degree for a year, backwards) was conjunct your Pluto at about the age of 12, and I usually give one degree applying, or one year,for Solar Arcs.
Good catch.

Visit my blog:

Michael Sternbach wrote:The pankreas belongs to Libra in astrological medicine, thus we need to look at Venus in cases of diabetes. I have seen the charts of several diabetics, they all had Venus afflicted by Mars one way or another.

Here, she is in conjunction with Mars, and in exile in the Mars sign Scorpio. Moreover, the two planets are in opposition to Saturn.

These are the main influences that we must look at.

In terms of psychosomatics, we should consider how the native is dealing with and affected by relationship issues issues, especially as far as power is concerned. Venus and Mars in the eighth house and Pluto in the seventh speak to this.

Natural remedies (especially homeopathics and spagyrics) that carry the energies of aforementioned planets could be particularly helpful.
Hello Micheal: thank you for your reply. I would agree with Fleur, that the conjunction between Venus and Mars is so wide, here, that that cannot be a serious factor with this gentleman's diabetes.

However, there are "smoking gun" aspects in his chart, namely:

Venus is debilitated in Scorpio, the sign of Venus's fall. Mars in Scorpio is accidentally dignified, also, being in the 8th house, ruled by Mars.

The main agitators, it seems, is natal Venus in Scorpion opposite Saturn in Taurus and Venus squaring the nodes, which fall into the 12th and 6th houses of physical and psychological health. The wide arc is neither helpful or hurtful, though.

On the surface, this man's diabetes is likely sourced from his chronic unemployment, financial insecurity, financial lack, and or not enough love received, due to failed relationships, especially with his birth father.

He may also be afraid of rejection and or relationship failure.

He will likely tell us for sure, with his natal Moon in Sagittarius, he likely knows the real story, here.

Much of today's poor health comes from financial deprivation and or poor employment prospects or from personal relationships that did not have a happy ending.

Finally, India is a demanding, highly status conscious culture, in which people look down on others who are unemployed or not working. Maybe our querent has been discriminated against by a too demanding, judgemental, Indian cultural mosiac?

I am Asian, myself, and I have been screwed over, too, by demanding Asians.
Last edited by sabumnim on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Michael Sternbach wrote:
Phoenix9061210 wrote:
sabumnim wrote:The best astrologer to consult about type two diabetes is not Lynn Koiner, but the one who actually has diabetes !

I am a diabetic for four years. It is not a pleasant life.

... lack of finances, generally, from low paying work and or cheap, exploitative employers, overall, which has taken its toll.

When my diabetes is bad, I am nearly blind with sight impairment, can barely read a computer screen, have sharp pains in my lower feet and hands, and also have coma like symptoms !

Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of cold, filtered water is very helpful, in my opinion.
This makes no sense to me. I don't know how you can have those symptoms from having had diabetes for four years.

Hello: My diabetes and the symptoms, have been medically verified by several medical doctors, who tell me that the symptoms are very consistent with type two diabetes.

I have two friends who also have type two diabetes and they also experience symptoms similar to mine, such as the cramping in the extremities and sight issues.

Please remember that, unless you are a trained, certified, medical Doctor, astrologers cannot legally give medical advice to their clients !

Regarding the connection between diabetes and natal Venus and Mars, I do not have such a connection in my natal chart, but my diabetes is very real.

Instead of anecdotal evidence, maybe it is time for astrologers to do case studies in a controlled scientific manner, using the scientific method. Otherwise, you are really lowering yourself to "cookbook" astrology, which everyone (including this writer) frankly loathes !

S.

sabumnim wrote:
Michael Sternbach wrote:
Phoenix9061210 wrote: This makes no sense to me. I don't know how you can have those symptoms from having had diabetes for four years.

Hello: My diabetes and the symptoms, have been medically verified by several medical doctors, who tell me that the symptoms are very consistent with type two diabetes.

I have two friends who also have type two diabetes and they also experience symptoms similar to mine, such as the cramping in the extremities and sight issues.

Please remember that, unless you are a trained, certified, medical Doctor, astrologers cannot legally give medical advice to their clients !

Regarding the connection between diabetes and natal Venus and Mars, I do not have such a connection in my natal chart, but my diabetes is very real.

Instead of anecdotal evidence, maybe it is time for astrologers to do case studies in a controlled scientific manner, using the scientific method. Otherwise, you are really lowering yourself to "cookbook" astrology, which everyone frankly loathes !

S.
Phoenix can hardly be said to "have given advice" by his utterance, IMO.

The possibilities of "studies in a controlled scientific manner" are a bit limited in astrology, as the former assume a rigorous "whenever, then" kind of relationship between facts, while astrology is more of an associative art that paints complex, unrepeatable pictures.

Incidentally, your suggestion (if it were feasible) would indeed be in line with a "cookbook astrology" .

Visit my blog:

Based on your previous erroneous post, you don't even know what is a conjunction. So, in astrology, (an art science by all accounts) too many (bad) cooks spoil the soup, Micheal. Before you can do a research project on astrology and diabetes, or say how to do it, try learning the basics, first !

However like Lynn Koiner, you are entitled to your (anecdotal) opinion.

Looking at Theresa May's chart (see link above posted by Fleur) in light of this discussion, I first of all note that Venus is conjunct Pluto, both being square Saturn in Scorpio.

Besides the Venus/Mars (Pluto) theme that I highlighted above, an aspect between Venus (pankreas, and hormones in general) and Saturn (deficiency) is very common with diabetes.

Visit my blog: