skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Just been diagnosed with diabeties
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dheerpat



Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 10

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Just been diagnosed with diabeties Reply with quote

27 12 1970 11:15 AM New Delhi

Hi

Sadly was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic today. Was that reflecting in my chart and how is the future with its management.

Thanks

PS: how do I upload my natal chart ? I am on iPad can't see any option[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 586

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 586

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered if Mars in the chart of Theresa May was significant, UK prime minister, who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as an adult.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9171&highlight=theresa

In the thread linked to, I posted a quote from Charles Carter about his observations of charts of diabetes, which he links to 17 degrees of the Cardinal signs. 17 degrees of the Cardinal signs form antiscia with 13 degrees of the Mutable signs, and you have 14 degrees Pisces rising. Transiting Jupiter has just crossed 16 degrees Libra (antiscion 14 degrees Pisces).

Transiting IsisTranspluto is about 1.5 degrees Virgo at the moment, in your sixth house, squaring your natal Neptune.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dheerpat



Joined: 19 Oct 2006
Posts: 10

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
I wondered if Mars in the chart of Theresa May was significant, UK prime minister, who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as an adult.

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9171&highlight=theresa

In the thread linked to, I posted a quote from Charles Carter about his observations of charts of diabetes, which he links to 17 degrees of the Cardinal signs. 17 degrees of the Cardinal signs form antiscia with 13 degrees of the Mutable signs, and you have 14 degrees Pisces rising. Transiting Jupiter has just crossed 16 degrees Libra (antiscion 14 degrees Pisces).

Transiting IsisTranspluto is about 1.5 degrees Virgo at the moment, in your sixth house, squaring your natal Neptune.


Thanks Fieur

In my solar return chart for this bday moon will be in 6th house , any connection
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
waybread



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 872
Location: Canada

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, Venus, Jupiter and Libra are implicated in diabetes. With your Venus conjunct Jupiter and opposed by Saturn, you may be especially susceptible.

In terms of timing, check out your progressions. I didn't catch an obvious transit, but didn't check them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Millie Carter



Joined: 22 Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Location: UK, Bradford

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Just been diagnosed with diabeties Reply with quote

dheerpat wrote:
27 12 1970 11:15 AM New Delhi

Hi

Sadly was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic today. Was that reflecting in my chart and how is the future with its management.

Thanks

PS: how do I upload my natal chart ? I am on iPad can't see any option[/url]


It's a pity Sad, but I wish you all the best. We hope you'll be ok...
_________________
It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life au.vogueplay.com. Dawn French
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabumnim



Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 70
Location: Canada

Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dheerpat: Your true success in your life, according to your natal chart, is related to the 9th house of higher education, specialized training, and foreign lands.

Therefore, if you feel trapped in your current location, I predict that a change of scenery might be beneficial.

You do not say what is your current occupation.

If you feel that your current career is a dead end, you may want to consider career counselling and or testing to determine whether a career change is feasible.

Transiting Neptune = the natal ascendant is a particularly difficult time, especially if you have given up looking for work, altogether. You may want to look into volunteer work and getting back into the work force for a not for profit agency or organization.

I feel that your self-esteem is shot and you need to let go of the past, as well.

I agree with others that you may be at a dead end in your current career and that following it with continue to lead to failure.

Beware of additions to drugs or alcohol at this time, as those will only add to your problems.

good luck to you.


Sabumnim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Phoenix9061210



Joined: 31 May 2017
Posts: 53

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lynn Koiner wrote an article about diabetes. Worth checking out.

Type 1 diabetic myself for many years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabumnim



Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 70
Location: Canada

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best astrologer to consult about type two diabetes is not Lynn Koiner, but the one who actually has diabetes !

I am a diabetic for four years. It is not a pleasant life.

Venus, said to rule diabetes, is peregrine in my own natal chart, save for a wide square with Uranus.

It is worth noting that I have Venus sesquiquadrate (135 degrees) Saturn, natally. I think that my diabetes largely stems from my sh*tty career (Venus is co-ruler of my 10th house) and lack of finances, generally, from low paying work and or cheap, exploitative employers, overall, which has taken its toll.

I wont post my natal chart, here, but if you pm me, I may send you my birth data, if you promise not to go public with it.

I am a public person and I don't want people annoying me or my family members.

Typical of peregrinated natal planets, they have a tendency to take over the natal chart, or they have no effect at all.

I have to say that, my diabetes is much as expected, it is either very good (normal) or horrible.

There is no "in between" for some reason.

Stress also makes the diabetes and blood sugar levels, worse.

When my diabetes is bad, I am nearly blind with sight impairment, can barely read a computer screen, have sharp pains in my lower feet and hands, and also have coma like symptoms !

My Venus resides in Taurus, natally, in the angular 10th house and is also the highest planet in my natal chart.

There is no ptolomaic aspect between my natal Venus and natal Jupiter. Jupiter in my natal chart is also not afflicted by any planet, but there are lots of trines and sextiles to Sun, Mercury, Saturn, Uranus, Chiron, and the North node.

I have a kite like natal chart.

Diabetes can be controlled, in my opinion, through special diet and daily exercise, plus a superior mind.

Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of cold, filtered water is very helpful, in my opinion.

To counteract the diabetes and loss of hammer strength, I train hard with exercise, meditation, stretching, and weight lifting, several times a week.

Without this type of exercise, I could well die early and that would be the end of me !

To those of you with diabetes, I say this: do not get p*ssed off and use your diabetes as a crutch, or as an excuse to say poor me, I am diabetic, therefore, feel sorry for me !

Nobody cares if you drop dead, or not, so you must counteract the diabetes with indomitable spirit and discipline.

Part of the diabetic journey is to find the right medication and a nice family Doctor. I take Trajenta, but have tried Metaformin, and other horrible medications that gives me serious, serious, side effects.

Thankfully, I don't need to take insulin !

Transits to natal Venus can often indicate how the diabetes is going. Right now, t. Pluto is trining my natal Venus, so there is an overall improvement in my blood sugar levels and a sense of victory for now.

Pluto is also transiting my 6th house, so you either transform your health at this time, or you will die !

S.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Michael Sternbach



Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 445
Location: Switzerland

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pankreas belongs to Libra in astrological medicine, thus we need to look at Venus in cases of diabetes. I have seen the charts of several diabetics, they all had Venus afflicted by Mars one way or another.

Here, she is in conjunction with Mars, and in exile in the Mars sign Scorpio. Moreover, the two planets are in opposition to Saturn.

These are the main influences that we must look at.

In terms of psychosomatics, we should consider how the native is dealing with and affected by relationship issues issues, especially as far as power is concerned. Venus and Mars in the eighth house and Pluto in the seventh speak to this.

Natural remedies (especially homeopathics and spagyrics) that carry the energies of aforementioned planets could be particularly helpful.
_________________
_________________

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/


Last edited by Michael Sternbach on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 586

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Sternbach wrote:
The pankreas belongs to Libra in astrological medicine, thus we need to look at Venus in cases of diabetes. I have seen the charts of several diabetics, they all had Venus afflicted by Mars one way or another.

Here, she is in conjunction with Mars, and in exile in the Mars sign Scorpio. Moreover, the two planets are in opposition to Saturn.

These are the main influences that we must look at.

In terms of psychosomatics, we should consider how the native is dealing with and affected by relationship issues issues, especially as far as power is concerned. Venus and Mars in the eighth house and Pluto in the seventh speak to this.


That orb is so wide between Mars and Venus that I would never have considered it a conjunction or any kind of aspect, but that is just me, I just don't use wide orbs.

I was looking at his Mars, which aspects Saturn and IsisTranspluto. His Mars is 13 degrees Scorpio, antiscion 17 degrees Aquarius, and Saturn 16 degrees Taurus. To me, that is a square aspect. IsisTranspluto is 14 degrees Leo 46 minutes, antiscion 15 degrees Leo 14 minutes.

These very wide orbs that people call aspects, they may have some effect if you used Solar Arc progressions, as these indicate experiences and effects in early childhood, which everyone knows are more permanent than things that occur later in life. I haven't studied Solar Arcs as much as I need to, but those that I have observed do seem to be important. Using a day for a year, Solar Arc Mars would be conjunct Venus at about age seven. Dheerpat is 47 years old, so he will have just had double whammies of Solar Arc progressions because of the 45 degree effect on forwards and backwards progressions, and his Solar Arc Mars hitting Pluto twice, once forwards and once backwards.

I am not dismissing your point about Venus, just casting my fine toothed comb over this chart....his Venus is part of a natal pattern with his Ascendant and Neptune, and I think this pattern needs to be open - but I am not sure, I am still learning and this idea is hypothetical - and there is a big transit of outer planets at the moment which includes IsisTranspluto in early Virgo which is hitting his Neptune directly, Neptune in Pisces which is right on his Ascendant (obviously, this is the most striking thing we are all looking at), and Pluto in Capricorn which directly affects his Ascendant's antiscion of 16 degrees Libra.

His natal Sun is 45 degrees to his Venus, so also involved in his natal Venus, Neptune, Ascendant pattern which is being transited by IsisTranspluto, Neptune and Pluto.

Natally, Neptune is 45 degrees to his Ascendant's antiscion. The most obvious and clear transit to everyone is Neptune sitting on his Ascendant right now. His Venus and Sun are part of the natal pattern with Neptune and the Ascendant. Transiting IsisTranspluto is exactly squaring his natal Neptune.

Hopefully somebody knowledgeable in traditional medical astrology can offer thoughts about how to deal with Neptune, which seems predominant here. Michael edited to mention homoeopathy, which I wish I understood better but have seen it work miracles many times, in the hands of a great practitioner.


Last edited by Fleur on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:32 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phoenix9061210



Joined: 31 May 2017
Posts: 53

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabumnim wrote:
The best astrologer to consult about type two diabetes is not Lynn Koiner, but the one who actually has diabetes !

I am a diabetic for four years. It is not a pleasant life.

... lack of finances, generally, from low paying work and or cheap, exploitative employers, overall, which has taken its toll.

...

When my diabetes is bad, I am nearly blind with sight impairment, can barely read a computer screen, have sharp pains in my lower feet and hands, and also have coma like symptoms !

...

Stay hydrated. Drinking lots of cold, filtered water is very helpful, in my opinion.


This makes no sense to me. I don't know how you can have those symptoms from having had diabetes for four years.

It sounds like your problems have other causes.

I have been diabetic since 1999 and type 1, which is more serious, and I do not go blind when my bloodsugars are badly out of control.

Also, I don't know anything particularly about the astrology of diabetes so would not claim to that I know more than Lynn Koiner simply because I have diabetes.


Last edited by Phoenix9061210 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael Sternbach



Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 445
Location: Switzerland

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
Michael Sternbach wrote:
The pankreas belongs to Libra in astrological medicine, thus we need to look at Venus in cases of diabetes. I have seen the charts of several diabetics, they all had Venus afflicted by Mars one way or another.

Here, she is in conjunction with Mars, and in exile in the Mars sign Scorpio. Moreover, the two planets are in opposition to Saturn.

These are the main influences that we must look at.

In terms of psychosomatics, we should consider how the native is dealing with and affected by relationship issues issues, especially as far as power is concerned. Venus and Mars in the eighth house and Pluto in the seventh speak to this.


That orb is so wide between Mars and Venus that I would never have considered it a conjunction or any kind of aspect, but that is just me, I just don't use wide orbs.


It is a wide conjunction to me, as such it clearly reinforces the Venus/Mars theme.

Quote:
I was looking at his Mars, which aspects Saturn and IsisTranspluto. His Mars is 13 degrees Scorpio, antiscion 17 degrees Aquarius, and Saturn 16 degrees Taurus. To me, that is a square aspect. IsisTranspluto is 14 degrees Leo 46 minutes, antiscion 15 degrees Leo 14 minutes.


Transpluto may be linked with Libra. Koiner observed a connection to pankreas issues, which supports this, in my view.

Quote:
These very wide orbs that people call aspects, they may have some effect if you used Solar Arc progressions, as these indicate experiences and effects in early childhood, which everyone knows are more permanent than things that occur later in life. I haven't studied Solar Arcs as much as I need to, but those that I have observed do seem to be important. Using a day for a year, Solar Arc Mars would be conjunct Venus at about age seven. Dheerpat is 47 years old, so he will have just had double whammies of Solar Arc progressions because of the 45 degree effect on forwards and backwards progressions, and his Solar Arc Mars hitting Pluto twice, once forwards and once backwards.


Interesting considerations.
_________________
_________________

Visit my blog:
https://michaelsternbach.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 586

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant a degree for a year when using Solar Arcs.

I was mixing them up with regular progressions, which I have never found to have any effect, whereas Solar Arcs do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 586

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I tend to link IsisTranspluto with Libra. Instinctively I would associate Libra with diabetes....I need to think why.

Phoenix comes across as a Libra....but I am probably wrong there.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated