Profected charts

I am going to attempt to profect 3 years of my boyfriends charts to see what the major themes in his life are going forward. he has asked me this in terms of finance, and I'm curious myself in terms of family. I've profected a few times before but I'm very much an amateur so i'd welcome any input or corrections on this as I'm sure i will be making mistakes.

First, his natal chart. To record it in the text, 16.51 degrees VIrgo Rising, Sun is at 23.37 Pisces inthe 7th house.

http://imgur.com/a/Hyzcy

He will turn 47 in 2017 therefore we will look at the 47 profected year which according to a handy chart I have, says that the 11th house will be his Ascendant for the year (hopes and wishes).

If Natal H11 is the ASC that puts Cancer (cusp 11h) on the ASC, and makes the Moon the lord of the year. So emotional issues probably taking the fore (?). But that puts moon in the profected chart's 12th house so hidden emotions maybe?

What aspects does the Moon make in the chart?
1) Moon is separating from Merc in the Prof8H
2) Moon is applying to the Sun in the Prof9H in 3 degrees. 9th of higher learning/religion and international travel or foreign things.
3) In 6 degrees Moon will square Pluto in the chart 3rd House of communications or short trips or siblings.
4) Moon will later apply to Venus in the 9th too (foreign things). but in a square.

I believe the next step is analyzing what those planets represent in the turned chart and what the "main activity" of the year will be, based on the Lord of the Year. This is where my analysis starts to fall flat though. I'm not sure if we analyze ALL planets or just the LoY. (?)

Referring to my notes
1) "planets on angles are effective in profection but we are to ignore cadent houses" and one can use the profected to show the focus for the year, and the Solar Return to see how the native will handle that focus.
2) We are to note where the SR ASC falls /its Lord and where that is in the profected chart (house and not sign in SR).

Stepping back then, for point #1: planets on angles in the Profected: Jupiter Rx on the 4H cusp and Sat/Mars are on the 10thHcusp. those are the only angle planets in the Profected chart for 2017. I presume then it means the themes will be either what those houses stand for (altho that cant be true bc then the non angle houses would *never* be a focus for the year in a profected chart?). OR the planets and what they rule are the focus for the year. So in the Profected, Jupiter rules the 9th house (foreign things/people), Saturn rules the 7th, and Mars rules the 10th if ihave the cusps right. That would mean the focus for the year is on foreign matters (9H) legal contracts (7H), and profession/work (10H)

Piont #2:
The Asc in the Solar Return for 2017 falls at the start of Capricorn, so Saturn rules.
We have also Neptune/Sun/Merc in H2.
Venus/Uranus/Mars in H3.
Moon/Jupi in H9.
I woudl take that to mean that his focus (Sun in H2) will be in income/financial affairs for 2017, and secondarily in short trips/siblings/communications. The Asc in the SR is in Cap. But that falls in his 7th natal chart. (Not sure what that means/focus not on finance but on contracts? like signing purchase agreements maybe?). Lord of SR Ascendant is then Saturn which is in his 12th /on the ASC. I presume some focus about 12th or 1st house matters for the Solar return then.

So Ihave a mixture of themes at this point and am not sure what the next step is.
Am continuing to research and will add to/edit this post as I can.

Hi Polina

Unfortunately I cannot spend much time on this chart to help you but I'll try to at least give you some pointers.

First of all, at the age of 47 he enters into this 48th year of his life and therefore is in a 12th place profection year. You can use this wheel I generated a few years ago to work out what profection year someone should be by simply looking to see which house a given age falls in. You say you have a handy chart which says the 11th, could you share where you got this chart from?

This is a chart I created myself a couple of years ago:
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/ph ... 82b794522f

As you can see from this image, your boyfriend will enter a 12th place profection year from his solar return in 2017. I recommend keeping the solar return in mind when looking at his chart for the year as well as paying attention to the natal lord of the 12th, in this case the Sun, when it makes aspects in your chart, when aspects are made to it, when a planet moves into Leo and the position and configuration of the Sun in the natal chart as well as in the solar return.

The overlying themes of the year will be found here as well as attention in any case to the moon.

If you want to profect his finances you can do the same from the radical 1st house, his turned profected second house.

I would pay particular attention to late June and early July when Mars enters Leo, but also when Saturn makes a partile square with the natal sun.

Sorry I don't have time to get into specifics, hopefully this will help you though.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Hi Paul,
Thanks so much for the tips and posting -- I know you're super busy. I am going to try to take the chart further based on what you said. I start with the caveat that i'm still very much an amateur at this.

To your question: I had found a wheel similar to yours online at the site of a female astrologer. I searched through tons of results to find one that made sense to me, and while it was on my computer for a week, I had to close down the computer about 2 days ago, and I didnt save the link. However I must have looked at the chart incorrectly or read it wrong. It had listed 47 in the radiating wheels under House 11. So maybe they meant count one forward. In any case, I know now that I have to look at H12 for his 48th year (age 47)- ok.

This gets confusing to me as soon as I start to compare charts as I have to do it by hand but I'm going to try to be methodical here to keep it clear.

So his profected chart for age 47 takes the 12th house as H1.

In his case and as Paul already noted, that means the Cusp is Leo, the ruler of the year is Sun. His natal sun sits in his 7th but in the profected chart, that Sun in the 7th becomes Sun in the 8th house. The 8th house is not an angle but since the Lord of the year is there, I will comment on it. I presume this tells us that the theme of the year is 12th house: secrets/self undoing/hospitals and prisons. The 8th is transformation/sex/and financial loss (debt), both are pretty dark themes for the year.

Back to my comment:
1) "planets on angles are effective in profection but we are to ignore cadent houses" and one can use the profected to show the focus for the year, and the Solar Return to see how the native will handle that focus.
Point1. What planets are on angles in the Profected chart for his 48tH year of life?
H1: Empty
H4: Nept is 12 degrees off from the IC. Kind of far to be "on an angle"
H7: Merc is END of the 7H but not on the DSC, its on the 8h cusp so i think we dont really count that heavily?
H10: empty

As ruler of the year/profected chart is the Sun, what aspects does it make in the chart?
1) Sun will apply in a square to the (Profected) 11th house Moon of hopes/wishes in 3 degrees. Some sort of struggle with his hopes and wishes?
2) Sun will trine Neptune in 7 units of time. Neptune is in the profected 4th house. Some sort of illusion with the home? Or deception?
Neptune is coruler (as a modern planet) for his profected5H and prof8h. In his natal it is coruler of his 7H and his 4th house.
3) Sun will conjunct Merc in its same 8th house in about 13 units of time. Mercury in the Profected rules the 2nd (Virgo cusp for 2H) and the prof11H where Moon is sitting. However in the natal, Mercury rules the ASC/1st house and the 10th house of profession.

I need to confirm whether we look at where these planets are in the profected chart for answers, or in the natal chart for answers in terms of houses. (?) Not sure on that. but I will keep going for now.

His profected second house of income is ruled then by Merc, which is sitting in the profected (end of the) 7th house about to enter Profected 8th.
Aspects Merc makes in the chart:
1) conj Sun in 8 units of time
2) squares the MC in 6 units of time
3) opposes Pluto in about 11 units of time.

Now his solar return for the year was already mentioned but I will repost here. The SR shows a focus on the 2nd & 3rd houses. The SR 2H has Sun Neptune and Merc all lined up. The 3H has Venus, Uranus and Mars.
So - heavy focus on income 2H and on communications 3H.
2) We are to note where the SR ASC falls /its Lord and where that is in the profected chart (house and not sign in SR).
The SR ASC for 2017 falls at 27 Degree Saggitarius, and thus Jupiter rules it. Jupiter in the profected chart is 1 degree away from entering HOUSE 4.

I should note that my boyfriend is planning to purchase a new home in 2017. So unfortunately (already knowing this) it makes it hard for me to differentiate out any other 4th house/2nd house matters, since a home purchase involves an output of money (8H) and 4H activity. Perhaps Jupiter there indicates the move "expansion into a new home" (?)

His Sun in the 8th house of debt or money "going out" might also reflect that purchase. I am not sure how to tell if that means he will for some reason be going into extra debt or simply be transferring bank funds into the purchase. The bank funds just came in from the sale of his prior apartment, so we have "loss of property/gain of income". But in 2017 it will reverse and be "loss of income and gain of property". What I'd like to know is if he will otherwise break even in terms of his job/income remaining stable, and the purchase not sucking out additional money (ie unexpected repairs or something). But I digress. My point is I'm not sure how to evaluate that from these 2 charts (and maybe one cannot do so).

My next step is to look into what you, Paul, mentioned here:
I would pay particular attention to late June and early July when Mars enters Leo, but also when Saturn makes a partile square with the natal sun.
but that is going to take a bit of time for me to analyze.

I understand why we are interested in Leo (it is the sign that rules his profected year) but not clear on why Mars is significant yet other than that it is a malefic. Mars rules his natal 3rd (communications) and natal 8 (debt). Mars in the profected chart rules the 3rd and the 10th.
I am not sure we can evaluate Mars in the 8th since in the NATAL chart its not going into the 8th, it will be a different house. So Mars/symbolizing his profected profession/job and communications would make those the bigger focus, I guess?

[side note: To further complicate things he has Jupiter transitting his 2nd house natally and Uranus doing its long slow plow over his 8th for another few years, until 2019 or 2020 I think. I dont know which of the two "wins" in the end.]

As for Saturn: in the profected it rules only his 2nd house (restricted income)?

I have to stop here for tonight. I hope to look into how the planets aspect my chart as well later, but I wanted to first try to get a "read" On his themes for the year before I do that... To be continued...

Polina

Again quickly and just to clarify some things.
In his case and as Paul already noted, that means the Cusp is Leo, the ruler of the year is Sun. His natal sun sits in his 7th but in the profected chart, that Sun in the 7th becomes Sun in the 8th house. The 8th house is not an angle but since the Lord of the year is there, I will comment on it. I presume this tells us that the theme of the year is 12th house: secrets/self undoing/hospitals and prisons. The 8th is transformation/sex/and financial loss (debt), both are pretty dark themes for the year.
If you want to profect the Sun, trying to follow what you mean here, you would profect the Sun to it's 12th house position relative to the nativity. That means basically you go back one house. That would put it in the 6th. I have to be honest though, in practice I often profecting the lord of the year less meaningful than paying attention to the natal house that the lord of the year is found in - in this case the 7th. But that's just my experience.
I need to confirm whether we look at where these planets are in the profected chart for answers, or in the natal chart for answers in terms of houses. (?) Not sure on that. but I will keep going for now.
When in doubt, make it simpler and subtract from the pool of information, rather than add to it. Even if all you did was say "okay I need to pay attention to the Sun" and just examined the natal position of the Sun you'd have a clearer idea of what that person's Sun means. The position and configuration of your Sun, my Sun, his Sun etc. are all different, so first principles first, understand the natal chart configuration to understand what the Sun means in his chart.

Even if that's all you did and then looked at transits through this sign or house or to the Sun itself etc. that would be meaningful too. Don't take on too much if you're starting out - otherwise it all just seems impossible as there's so much to consider.
Notice how Mercury is in the 7th house along with the Sun, ruler of the year. You often have this of course, but it can suggest that for this profection year, something of finances etc. will come to bear on your boyfriend anyway. Examine what happened in 2005 to see if there's a theme. Mercury rules his ascendant and natal 10th so keep those in mind if you see some themes emerging which relate to them.
I understand why we are interested in Leo (it is the sign that rules his profected year) but not clear on why Mars is significant yet other than that it is a malefic.
My apologies, I wasn't at all clear. If you check your ephemeris for 2017, a good thing to do is simply flick through whenever anything move into Leo, the sign of the profected year - typically you may want to exclude the Moon for convenience here. The big thing you might notice is that in July Mars enters Leo. This is why I was paying attention to Mars. You should also pay attention to when a planet transits and makes an aspect to the lord of the year, in this case Saturn does so from the end of June through the beginning of July. Because this is happening more or less around the same periods of time I think it's not a coincidence and if you can, I'd examine that more and if he has any plans for around that time - is he for example in a contract that would end then, or expecting some issue with his finances around that time. Mars and Saturn are, natally, conjunct on the 9th house cusp - do issues related to travel or higher learning feature around that time for example? Try to figure out what this may symbolise, it seems like it's too obvious to not be something.

But more than anything take it slowly, if you're new to profections just to easy. It's enough for now to know that the lord of the year is the Sun, so find out what you can about the SUn in his nativity and what kind of 'promise' that the Sun holds - what does the Sun uniquely mean for him and what are the challenges and so on inherent with the Sun that can be found in the nativity. These themes may come to fruition or development at this time or somehow be brought into focus. Notice that Sun-Pluto opposition, if you use Pluto, what does that mean? It makes a T-Square, if you use such things, with the Moon. If not, at least notice the square to the Moon. What may these themes mean for your boyfriend, because it's all these things that relate to Sun that sort of step forward for 2017 and can become more prominent.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

https://heavenlysphere.com/

Hi Paul,
Thanks so much for the additional clarifications. As I said, I'm an amateur at this, so any input is helpful.
If you want to profect the Sun, trying to follow what you mean here, you would profect the Sun to it's 12th house position relative to the nativity. That means basically you go back one house. That would put it in the 6th. I have to be honest though, in practice I often find profecting the lord of the year less meaningful than paying attention to the natal house that the lord of the year is found in - in this case the 7th. But that's just my experience.
Ok so you had mentioned to focus on his Sun and what it means. (The mention of the 6th confused me but maybe when I wrote "profect the Sun" that is not the correct phrase...because I dont think in the profected chart for his 48th year of life (age 47) the Sun would be in the 6th in any case... so I'm taking this as my confusion and will focus on what you said about what to look for.)

His Natal Sun is Pisces in the 7th. 7th is marriage/partnership and having the Sun their suggests that he does better or feels better or "wants" a partner by his side. ie this is a person who isn't going to be going through life alone. 7th shows who his partner would be. Pisces is sensitive, it's maybe the most "developed" sign in terms of deep feelings and sensing things, the 6th sense etc. So he'd want a sensitive partner and one who understands him. I read somewhere that he would be the "organized" one in the relationship. In fact he's a neat freak, super organized, clean, but I am not sure this comes from his Sun: he has Virgo rising and that colours about half of his initial presentation: he's always got clean starched shirts, he's very particular about the home and cleanliness/tidiness. He sees me more as the "free spirit" in the relationship. He is also a man of action not words, so alot of our communication is not stated, it is either demonstrated via actions, or else felt or understood. He has, you might say, a deeper way of being or communicating. But that's not/ to say he never speaks...he's very communicative and talkative too (this is hard to put into words in fact). I see him alter (flip/pisces/dual) between silent/reserved/contemplative and talkative/communicative/interacting.

I would interpret his ideal partner then as someone with a water sign Sun or Moon. This concerns me as I do not have either. However, I have Cancer rising which helps me in this way bc it heavily colours my own Sun (Aqu) which tends to be more intellectual. I've been called "oversensitive" more than once by former partners(!) But his Merc is HIGHLY conversational/communicative and, given his level of intellect, there is constant discussion/analysis going on btween us. His Merc engages my Sun. So I would hope there would be enough glue, maybe the "opposites attract" theory in that my Cancer suits his Pisces, and my Aqu Sun suits his Mercury in Pisc there too. This doesnt address the profected chart issues though, but I wanted to put out there what i know about his Sun. So all this is not so much analysis of his chart as what i know of him as a man/human being and then also taking the chart into account.

As for the challenges of his Sun, i'm not sure about that. I found some information on another site that analyzed Sun 7H/Pisces and it said their danger is being weak and "giving away power to others" and not realizing themselves in life / their potential. He hasn't done this though altho maybe there were domination issues with his ex (who is an Aries Sun and I know they tend to be aggressive as my last partner was an Aries sun).
It also highlighted how for, Sun 7H natives, relationships with others are paramount to their lifelong development. This is lucky for me )) it means he needs a/the/our relationship to grow and move forward. I am still look for other challenges to his Sun.

Going from there,
Notice how Mercury is in the 7th house along with the Sun, ruler of the year. You often have this of course, but it can suggest that for this profection year, something of finances etc. will come to bear on your boyfriend anyway. Examine what happened in 2005 to see if there's a theme. Mercury rules his ascendant and natal 10th so keep those in mind if you see some themes emerging which relate to them.

I inquired about 2005. That year he quit a desk job thinking he could earn more on his own. He started a partnership/company with a business partner that ultimately failed 2 years later. There were no big purchases until 2007 (a car). He bought the home --the one that was just sold-- back in 2003. So 2005 was job change of his own volition and it turned out to be a bad move if you look only at finance (but maybe good in terms of experience). I dont think he's planning on quitting his current job in 2017 though so I'm not sure we can extrapolate that for his profected 48th year (age 47).
The big thing you might notice is that in July Mars enters Leo. This is why I was paying attention to Mars. You should also pay attention to when a planet transits and makes an aspect to the lord of the year, in this case Saturn does so from the end of June through the beginning of July.
Ok..now I understand! Thanks for that clarification. So looking at when any planet enters/exits/aspects the LOY is key. I wasn't aware of that but I am going to look more into what Mars could stand for and what Saturn could. Mars rules his native 3H and native 8h: Debt.
Saturn rules his native 5th and 6th houses.
So Mars/debt is entering his life (?) but could this not be just the outgoing cash for the new apartment purchase (from bank to bank?)
that is where I get confused in astrology because if we want to delineate out external influences unexpected vs those planned (he plans to purchase an apartment vs he does not plan to lose his job or current employment for example), how can we se eit in a chart. Or can we...

As for Saturn, it rules romance/children/creativity and also health...? i end up with a dead end there...

However as you noted, Paul, Mars/Sat are conj the 9H cusp natally.
I can only say that I'm a foreigner in his land and often in astro charts I show up in the 9th so could it be something to do with me?
the other thing is he's flirting with the idea of buying abroad and not in his native country BUT i do not see that happening this calendar year (i mean 2017) realistically speaking.
it could be just that his new apartment purchase occurs in June/July, that is the most obvious guess, but it doesnt make sense in terms of how it relates to Saturn here (just mars).

This is just a brief commentary because I have a lot more work to do! I need to delve deeper to Mars/Saturn. Also I want to look at this next:
These themes may come to fruition or development at this time or somehow be brought into focus. Notice that Sun-Pluto opposition, if you use Pluto, what does that mean? It makes a T-Square, if you use such things, with the Moon. If not, at least notice the square to the Moon. What may these themes mean for your boyfriend, because it's all these things that relate to Sun that sort of step forward for 2017 and can become more prominent.
Briefly, I had to look up Sun/Pluto opposition and found the following on this site
http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Plane ... tion-Pluto

which seems interesting. Without etting into house symbolism, it says:
"To others, your will and personality can seem a little overbearing, provocative and dominating, especially as you always prefer to be in control of all situations, and hate to feel unsure of your ground or realize there is nothing you can do to influence circumstances in your favor. This is why you desire to be in a position of authority, calling the tune and writing the rules, yet are so rebellious when roles are reversed; you then use your influence to be subversive and manipulate others to resist authority. "

But if we add in the houses and secondary significators, then Pluto would also represent his 3rd and 8th house, and sudden changes (not good for finance). On the other hand note that Pluto sits in profected 2H and opposes Sun in profected 8th. So that's a direct commentary I would think on finance (money in/2h and money out/8h). Beyond that though i get a bit stuck.

Have to still look at moon and read more on all these points, but I will post for now and add more as time permits a bit later...

Looping back as I have some time now to look at this again, it's been a busy start of the year. To Paul's question,
You say you have a handy chart which says the 11th, could you share where you got this chart from?
I had found this chart on this site which initially confused me due to the usual dilemma of house 1 being year 0 vs year 1 based on how you count or if you use Pauline vs Valens. THat site is:

http://www.astrologiahumana.com/profectionsvalens.pdf
in practice I often profecting the lord of the year less meaningful than paying attention to the natal house that the lord of the year is found in - in this case the 7th. But that's just my experience.
If we do both
1) profected, Sun is in 6th
2) in the natal, Sun is 7th.

Taking Paul's experience as the example to follow we'd find more importance in Sun in 7th house. Natal 7th is ruled by Pisces(Jupiter).
Were Sun in the 6th to be important, health/daily grind job could be issues. 7th house natal would be legal issues, contracts, partnerships and maybe open enemies.

Since Sun is in an angular (7th) house it is able to act and will have some power, despite not being exalted in Pisces natally. Also about "Handing over" the Sun to the ruler of the 7th house (natally), Leo the profected ASC is ruled by Sun, and Sun is in the 7th natally, but ruler of Pisces is Jupiter therefore I am wondering if Sun hands over to Jupiter. Or maybe I'm over confusing things.

The other thing is to look at any other planets in the house ruled by LOY. In this case, Mercury.
Mercury rules his ascendant and natal 10th so keep those in mind if you see some themes emerging which relate to them.
The ASC is hard for me to analyze because it is his "self" and identity. Natal 10th, career, is easier, but I have to consider what the chart message is and havent got there yet....

Confess I come to a stalemate at this point, but am still reviewing all this and will post again when I come to some revelations.