Graham thanks for all that information. Living in France you will know better how people are thinking. Fascinating.

Now that you tell me how discredited Fillon is and I read that he's being indicted for fraud this week I will go back to the drawing board ! Le Pen to win the 1st round but the 2nd round I suppose it's best to wait until we know the contender and then there's only 2 weeks to sort it out !

Fillon will carry on after blaming the press for his troubles. Only if investigating magistrates start or the police directly make charges will he drop out and then maybe Jupp? be back but right now it looks like Le Pen and Macron
Looking at the ingress chart I still think it favours the populist candidate rather than Macron who whilst independent still looks like an establishment character
Whoever wins the Presindency they have to form a government and I gather that there are elections in June but not sure of the date
Matthew Goulding

The parliamentary elections are : 1st round Sunday 11 juin, second round Sunday 18 juin (very symbolic date, De Gaulle's first broadcast from London in the war, "l'appel du 18 juin"). They usually tend to go in the direction of the newly elected President's party/group, when they're straight after the Presidentials.

The current events around the apparent rape of a young African-origin man with a police truncheon, and ensuing riots in the "banlieues" (council-estate type suburbs) have further polarised voting intentions. William Hill's odds on Marine Le Pen have again narrowed to to 2.75/1 today (Marcon still just ahead but falling, on 2.30 I think).

I still think the run-off will be between Le Pen and M?lenchon, with LP winning. Only chance of keeping Le Pen out would, I would guess, be if Fran?ois Bayrou decides to stand, as I think he will if Fillon stays in the race. Not many people would be very enthusiastic, but I think more right and left wing voters would support him, to counter Le Pen, than would be prepared to vote for Macron - and the left certainly won't vote Fillon. But then God know what would happen at the Parliamentaries in June...

Graham

Graham F wrote:Hello
I really think Fillon is now out of the running, whatever he likes to think, he's burnt his boats with the arch-conservative, Catholic, moral values electorate that was his base.
Graham
I live there too. Fillon is probably burnt now, we know since today that the justice will proceed to investigate on the penelopegate. It will not be "a closed case without further action" investigators said.

Sincerely

Mjacob wrote:My understanding was that if a formal investigation was started then Fillon would have to withdraw from the contest.
Hi,

Well it doesn't seem so sure now. He said he would give up if a formal investigation was started, but now he says the only valid judgement will be the vote.

Today the centrist Fran?ois Bayrou has announced that he is backing Macron, in exchange for some promises if elected, and will not be standing himself as had been mooted.
This should increase Macron's chances, by drawing in at least a few more centrist votes, and reducing the fragmentation between lots of candidates. I suppose it might frighten a few hesitant right-wingers into voting Fillon, but not many - Bayrou is not very frightening, and has a certain rural cachet that could reassure those hostile to the Parisian elite, high finance etc.
Graham

Choosing the winner of The Grand National this year looks challenging so here are the current odds from Coral:

Emmanuel Macron - Independent 8/13

Marine Le Pen - Front national 10/3

Fran?ois Fillon - Les Republicains 4/1

For those who still have faith in the polls the top two are neck and neck at 25% and Fillon at 18% assuming that Clouseau does not met le main a l'epaule
Matthew Goulding

I use the lord of the year, the opening of poll , and the natal charts for candidates.

Marine Le Pen doesn't win the first round but she will win the run-off election.

Event chart for the opening of the election in Paris is another fugly looking sky with a rising malefic and heavy 12th House activity.

A rising Mars rules the twelfth house. Mars is strong though stuck in Gemini; he is in mutual reception with Mercury by sign. The ascendant is very early in Gemini; no final result will be forthcoming tomorrow. (Damn, I'm good.) Mercury, our retrograde lord of the ascendant, has somewhat escaped the Sun by sign, and is just out of sight of Saturn as well. The Moon, in the eleventh house of the good spirit, moves toward a for now well dignified Venus, whom Saturn, her dispositor, gazes at disapprovingly from the eighth house.

Saturn rules the midheaven. Jupiter is comfortably numb in Libra, in mutual reception with the strong Venus, but in the cadent house of toil. He lazily applies towards opposition with Uranus. Fortuna (not shown) would also sit among the mess in the 12th House at 17 Aries, once more in the firm grasp of Mars.

I suspect that the chart portends well for Le Pen. Mars, after all, is rising. But the ultimate result is way too soon to call. The heart of the people is in the right place, and they are moving towards some kind of reconciliation, but the recent minor terrorist attack will have a significant impact that definitely moves in the wrong direction. As far as the economy is concerned, people believe in the power of blowing it up and starting over.
Le grand crier sans honte audacieux / Sera esleu gouverneur de l'armee.
La hardiesse de son contentieux / Le pont rompu, cit? de peur pasmee.

- Nostradamus, Centuries 3:81

I don't really understand French elections, but from the news reports it sounds as though exit polls, or maybe counting a small percentage of the votes, has indicated that both Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen go forward to the second round of the election in May?

Here are their charts. Marine Le Pen's Mars sits right on Emmanuel Macron's Descendant.

The next round of the Election is on Sunday the 7th of May.

I think Mark's 1st verses 7th house method is the one to look at.

Polling opening ? 7am or 8am. Steve above thinks 8am but the French tends to start pretty early and finish equally early [boom boom].

I'll be interested to see how he chooses the Corners though.

The Fearful v The Brave ? Liberal Minded v Closed Minded ?

Gemini verses Sagittarius but with this dammed Mercury Mars Mutual Reception in play again.

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.