Serious surgery. Person at risk. Will she get through this?

Will she get through this?

Greetings to all of you friends out there. I am a novice at Horary Astrology and wanted to share with you this chart. A cousin of mine who moved abroad in order to give birth in another country has had a very difficult pregnancy and when she was finally about to give birth, she had to undergo an emergency operation. The baby is OK now thank God, but the placenta was adhered to her uterus and since she'd been having problems the doctors decided to apply a hysterectomy in order to save her life. She lost a lot of blood and has received a lot of blood transfusions and plasma. She was unconscious for many hours and had to be transferred to another clinic because there was no intensive care room there. She is conscious now and has recovered a little bit, but she is still in the intensive care room and is too weak now. For some reason I'm not clear yet the doctors are saying they might have to operate her again if the hemorrhage doesn't stop.

I checked out this horary chart and all I see in it is pretty scary. She is not a very close cousin of mine but I'm still concerned.

The Moon afflicted in Aries (representing both the Querent and Health) and receiving such harsh aspects from Pluto in 12th, and Jupiter from 8th are very worrysome. Being in the 2nd house for me it is clear it represents a huge money-spending for the family and her because of this emergency, but money is the least important thing now. As I see it, Pluto is at Cusp of 12th, and Mars is in 12th too meaning surgery and hospitalization, sextiling Mercury (Ruler of 5th) means for me that the baby will come out OK out of the surgery, operation etc, and the Part of Fortune in 5th, I think also helps the baby just as well as the Moon (My Cousin). but Mercury sextiling the Part of Misfortune in Aries looks very bad, coz the Part of Misfortune is under the power of Mars as far as I know.

Saturn (My Cousin) sextiling Jupiter might help out like a salvation in the middle of the crisis, same to sextile with Uranus, which for me means that she had to be moved from a clinic to another one and it will turn out OK. But I don't know if that's a cowboy interpretation of me. I think that trine between Saturn and the Moon should be helpful for my cousin. I don't know how to read the fact that Saturn is in the 10th house and I don't know either how to interpret a possible outcome of this chart. What about the Sun? what can you guys say about it? Will she be ok in the end?

I would really appreciate any insight you may provide, and please don't be afraid to be sincere. I think she will make it but it will be a long and difficult process.
Remember I'm not an expert at horary, please feel free to express your comments, critics, corrections etc.....

Thank you very much in advance to the creators of this wonderful site and to all you. I have learnt a lot in this forum.
[/url]
"There is no knowledge that is not power"

I assume that you are the one asking the question, not your cousin, so she's not a first house matter.

Can you say more about the nature of your relationship? I think this is a turned house problem. A cousin would be the child of your mother or father's sibling. If she's on your dad's side, he's the 4th house. His sibling is the 3rd from the 4th, or 6th house. The child of Dad's sibling is the 5th from the 6th, or 10th house.

On the maternal side, your mother is the 10th house, her sibling is the third from the 10th or 12th house. A child of her sibling is the 5th from the 12th, or 4th house.

It gets more complicated than this depending upon your relative's birth order, but you get the idea.

The uterus is a 4th house and lunar matter. Hemorrhaging is ruled by Mars Your cousin's health would be the 6th house from the 4th (maternal cousin) or 10th (paternal cousin.)

So this all gets a bit complicated. I hope that by the time you work this out, you will have received good news about your cousin's health.

Same chart with turned houses. 1st House Taurus. Lord Venus

You are right bro, but in the case of a distant cousin, in the sense that we dont' really have a close contact, I have read that when it refers to a person when you somehow feel in the heart you can take that person as the querent, in spite of any other relationship you may have. Probably I'm wrong but I have seen that in many cases derived houses are not taken into account in charts where mostly one person is involved.

But if we analyze it as you suggest, she is my mother's niece. That would make the 10th (my mother), my mother's sibling the 1st, and her children the 4th ruled by Taurus. So according to that, my cousin would be represented by Taurus, Venus would be the Lord of her 1st house and she would be in her 8th house, not good, just about to enter Capri, which is Venus fall. While still in Sagitarius, Venus is in Mars Term which isn't good either, I don't know if that represents the surgery itself, but as she leaves that Mars term she will enter Capri.

The derived houses turn out to leave the Misfortune Part in her 11th, sextiling Mars (Lord of 12th). So Mars aspecting the Misfortune Part by sextile. Can the Moon be considered the Quesited significator in a turned house chart?? In the 11th, what does that mean? the family is trying to contact friends, running errances in order to travel to be close to her?

The Moon will make a Trine with Venus just before leaving Aries, which could sound encouraging, but first the Moon will have to encounter Uranus along with its ugly Pluto square. I don't know if that means that then, my aunt will be able to see my Cousin, coz Saturn (Lord of 10th) will aspect the moon as well with the Trine on Uranus, meaning the trip they're trying to make to see their daughter will finally happen. Im afraid some people got a look at the chart but felt afraid to reply and I understand.

My cousin's 5th house is ruled by Virgo, and its Lord is in sextile with Mars, which keeps on giving the same result, which is the baby coming out alright out of the surgery, just that the surgery now takes place in the 9th, does it mean that it was abroad? what else could that 9th mean in this context?

Her 6th house is ruled by Venus too, just as it is her significator. I imagine that coincidence means that her health now is a key issue of the quesited. Assuming that Venus advancement into Capricorn means that my cousin is just leaving from surgery (represented by Mars term in the last degrees of Sagitarius), I want to believe that Venus entering Capri will mean a long, difficult and slow recovery and not anything else.

According to William Lilly, the Part of Fortune in Cancer is beneficial, he adds 4 points to it. I hope that might mean some back up for that bashed Moon. Some salvation token in the middle of the crisis.

Thank you very much for taking the time to replay Waybread. I really appreciate it bro.

Sorry, I'm not a "bro."

Turning houses can turn into a real mish-mash but if your cousin hasn't asked the question than I wouldn't see her as the querent.

But the (turned) 8th house can be tricky. OK, so it is the traditional house of death, but in medical astrology the 8th house represents the parts of the body dealing with reproduction, which seems apt given your description of the case-- involving a hysterectomy. Venus in Sagittarius is in mutual reception with Jupiter in Libra. Jupiter rules the blood and is the house ruler of Venus.It is also in her 5th house of children. This doesn't seem so dire.

The moon indicates your stake in the matter, and also it rules the uterus. Your concern about your cousin's health is clear.

I'm getting mixed testimonies out of this chart. We know your cousin has a serious health condition, but I don't see more than that in this chart.

Thank you

Thank you very much. But what about the fact that Venus is just about to leave Sagitarius and enter Venus fall? We don't take it into account planet courses but only as long as they are in the same sign?.... and then should we say that in that case Venus is void of course? or we cannot say that just because of the reception with Jupiter? I don't know.

I have read in many aphorisms that when a planet is about to leave a sign it is not a good thing because the planet will change its current status into something new. "as a person who is leaving home or something like that".

Even in that situation what about the incoming encounter with Uranus and square with Pluto? I know those planets are not key in Horary. They are rather viewed as accidental dignities or debilities, but in a case like this one, how to ignore a square with Pluto?

Thanks for letting me see the pros of this chart and for correcting me here and there.

There's a whole lot that I don't know about horary astrology, but if you're concerned about Venus moving into Capricorn, I don't think it is necessarily badly placed in Capricorn. According to Ptolemy's table of essential dignities, Venus falls in Virgo and is in detriment in Aries. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html In early Capricorn in a day chart, Venus moves into its own triplicity and terms, so it picks up some strength.

Moreover, Venus won't make a close aspect to another planet, good or bad, before the moon changes signs.

I do modern astrology in natal chart readings, but in horary, I am more traditional. I would use modern planets as supplementary data points if they really had something to offer.

As I said, I think this chart shows mixed testimonies, but your cousin will have a month-long recovery period from a hysterectomy, regardless. This is major surgery, and it is to be anticipated that her health suffers during this period.

Please let us know how she does. That way we'll all learn more astrology.

Medical wrong procedure Misfortune Part?

My cousin finally got through this after a long recovery just as you expected. She left the hospital recently, she received several blood transfusions and started to recover slowly.
It seems that Venus entering its earth triplicity might have helped a lilttle bit as you mentioned, or probably the mutual reception with Jupiter which as many people say, it saves you when you're on the edge. I don't know how to interpret the square between Jupiter and Pluto in this case, if good or bad, but I will follow you advice of sticking to the traditional planets.

The only fact that still called my attention is that my cousin health situation was caused not only by the complicated pregnancy and birth, but because some wrong procedure while the operation which caused a serious hemorhage that made the medics to send her into the intensive care room and keep her there for many days. They doctors cut her by mistake during the surgery. I don't know how to place this unlucky event in the chart, but I I see that the Misfortune Part was in her 12th house (ruled by Aries) and Mars was in sextile with the misfortune Part at the same time, this is very similar to a mutual reception, but in this case it's an unfortunate reception, and this is the only aspect I see in the chart that could represent the undesired wrong procedure during surgery. The Medics themselves acknowledged they had cut her by mistake and caused that very serious complication that could have cost her life.

I have seen that the Misfortune part is not broadly taken into account in Horary, but the few times I have seen it taken into consideration they look for the Misfortune part ruler (in this case Mars) and by this it was giving the floor to any unfortunate situation to happen through that sextile in its very same sign in the 12th house.

I hadn't been able to post because of communication problems with her family, they spent a lot of money in travelling and lodgment, and I've also been busy. But I really thank you for replying and giving me some light about this serious event.